or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 585

post #8761 of 16746
Here is the visual:


I am 6'3" with, like Greg said (and you can see), really long legs. This is a 50, but I also have a 52. Will I get a 50L in the future? Probably. If they had 50R in stock right now in something I wanted, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
post #8762 of 16746
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_rol View Post

That's what I thought, but it seems to vary a lot from tailor to tailor, right?

Sure - and client to client. Not all Neapolitan jackets have a long front balance and not all purposefully long front balances are made in Naples. But on the whole it's considered a Neapolitan trait.
post #8763 of 16746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Here is the visual:


I am 6'3" with, like Greg said (and you can see), really long legs. This is a 50, but I also have a 52. Will I get a 50L in the future? Probably. If they had 50R in stock right now in something I wanted, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Ok, thanks man - that's helpful and I really appreciate it.
post #8764 of 16746
That looks really good Murl, I know I've said it before but seriously icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif I'm saving up for a Formosa I think.
post #8765 of 16746

@Murlsquirl

The 50R fits terribly on you. 

Please return the 50R right away!

Please (Click to show)
Give_it_to_me.gif
post #8766 of 16746

Greg, 

 

The Formosas will be in town next week for the trunk show/sale.

Will they leave any 50Rs behind?

:violin:

post #8767 of 16746
Thread Starter 

I imagine you knew that but the Formosa tailor who visits us for bespoke appointments does not travel with RTW suits.    We do have a few 50R in stock though and another one on its way back to us  

post #8768 of 16746
Ok, after much measurement, deliberation, re-measurement, brow-furrowing and gnashing of teeth, I think I've decided to go with the 52R instead of the 52L. shog[1].gif

My NSM commissions are all 31" and upon further review I think that's the length for an odd jacket for me (give or take a 1/2 inch). If I do a SF suit, I think I'll opt for the 52L as I like my biz suits a little longer than the odd jacket. Let the tailoring begin. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Murl, thanks again for the photos.
post #8769 of 16746
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_rol View Post

Murl, thanks again for the photos.

Glad I could help.
post #8770 of 16746
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_rol View Post

Ok, after much measurement, deliberation, re-measurement, brow-furrowing and gnashing of teeth, I think I've decided to go with the 52R instead of the 52L. shog[1].gif

My NSM commissions are all 31" and upon further review I think that's the length for an odd jacket for me (give or take a 1/2 inch). If I do a SF suit, I think I'll opt for the 52L as I like my biz suits a little longer than the odd jacket. Let the tailoring begin. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Murl, thanks again for the photos.

That sounds like a good decision to me and I'm glad you're set.
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, SE Asia time zone, it was 1am already.
As for pics, that would probably be a bit too late for you as I will only manage later today when back from work. And, the way it fits on me will likely not help you much but it's pretty much similar to Murls (me 6'2, long legs). Last, I will go with 90% for R despite all the unnecessary tinkering. wink.gif
post #8771 of 16746
I need to get around to ordering a Formosa and figuring out my fit. Until then, an unwrinkly popover pic. Popover decreases in length due to wrinkles about ten minutes after wearing.

P1010986.jpg
post #8772 of 16746
i need that.
post #8773 of 16746
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSense View Post

That sounds like a good decision to me and I'm glad you're set.
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, SE Asia time zone, it was 1am already.
As for pics, that would probably be a bit too late for you as I will only manage later today when back from work. And, the way it fits on me will likely not help you much but it's pretty much similar to Murls (me 6'2, long legs). Last, I will go with 90% for R despite all the unnecessary tinkering. wink.gif

No worries. I was more concerned with getting back to Greg and not holding up the process on my account.
post #8774 of 16746
confused.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Here is the visual:


I am 6'3" with, like Greg said (and you can see), really long legs. This is a 50, but I also have a 52. Will I get a 50L in the future? Probably. If they had 50R in stock right now in something I wanted, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

So speaking of length, I noticed on the NMWA site that the trousers on the SF suits has the same measurement listed for the "L" sizes as for the "R" at 36.6". confused.gif This seems way too short for a decent cuff for those of us on the tall side. Is this right? How do the trousers fit? Did you cuff yours?
post #8775 of 16746
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_rol View Post

confused.gif
So speaking of length, I noticed on the NMWA site that the trousers on the SF suits has the same measurement listed for the "L" sizes as for the "R" at 36.6". confused.gif This seems way too short for a decent cuff for those of us on the tall side. Is this right? How do the trousers fit? Did you cuff yours?

I was checking out the suits and thinking the same thing. I'm 6'4" and have long legs and usually put a 2.25" cuff in my pants, which means I need at least 40" inseam to have enough fabric to do this, unless I have my tailor use a faux cuff.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭