Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:27 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:38 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 549post #8221 of 249335/17/14 at 6:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8222 of 249335/17/14 at 6:41pmpost #8223 of 249335/17/14 at 6:50pmpost #8224 of 249335/17/14 at 7:07pmpost #8225 of 249335/17/14 at 7:11pmpost #8226 of 249335/17/14 at 9:19pmQuote:
the similar tastes. we has it.Quote:
it is.post #8227 of 249335/17/14 at 11:00pmpost #8228 of 249335/18/14 at 1:13ampost #8229 of 249335/18/14 at 11:53ampost #8230 of 249335/18/14 at 11:55ampost #8231 of 249335/18/14 at 12:01pmpost #8232 of 249335/18/14 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by sprout2
Might I suggest something more elementary? No need to go for the most obscure material possible. I think there'd be a decent number of people interested in getting a semi RTW Formosa sport coat even beyond the consideration of unusual patterns and the like. For the first pilot, why not do something utterly basic like a solid linen, rich hopsack, or evergreen check motif in a mid weight that most anyone, regardless of climate region, dress code, or style is likely to enjoy.
Or you could keep the heavyweight donegal and stuff for a secondary option 2.
Anyway, I'm not sure the race to obscurantism is the best approach here.
Maybe it's a bias from living in a warmer climate but I believe a mid weight fabrics here would make more sense. A larger pool of people might be willing to buy in. I enjoy the few tweeds I own, but find I can't wear them enough to invest this kind of money into a MTO piece.post #8233 of 249335/18/14 at 12:38pm@sprout2
Agreed about the funky gunclub and horseblanket recommendations. Need something more basic, like a solid or slight textured fabric.
I already own about 4 hopsack navy blazers, so I'm good on that front.
Linen doesn't strike me as a great choice for a first MTO project. The guy at Chipp Tailors once remarked that he dislikes making cotton or linen items for customers. "Go wool or go home." I could go for a wool-linen blend in blue, however.Quote:Also, I find I’m uncomfortable when someone asks me to make something for them where I feel they have to pay me more than they should. Case in point, when people ask me to make poplin trousers. I say, “These are your clothing Miranda Rights: You shouldn’t be buying poplin trousers from me, because the cloth we’re using is a better make than the cloth deserves, but it still costs me the same to make trousers out of poplin as the world’s finest flannel.” As a result, while my price on the flannels is better than everyone else’s, my price on the poplin is more than you should be paying for poplin. I say that, and many tell me, “But I can’t find the colors I want, and I want a higher or shorter rise, and I can afford it.” So I do it and sleep well because I told them they shouldn’t be paying me for poplin or seersucker.
http://www.ivy-style.com/chipp-off-the-old-block.htmlpost #8234 of 249335/18/14 at 6:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
The Drapers looks nice. I think this is a different gun club from The Armoury/Liverano that the Unfunded Liabilities thread couldn't identify (IIRC).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Some others from Unfunded Liabilities that looked good to me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are lovely, but I'm curious what color trousers. Mid grey doesn't seem the best choice. Brown, navy, dark grey or charcoal? I'd love to see a pic with the whole fit visible.
That said, I would be more interested in a Donegal or other tweed, blue or brown for a MTO SC from Formosa.
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Why wear a wrist watch when you could easily consult your phone for... 1 minute ago
- › POLL: Is Eidos Napoli an Italian or an American brand ? 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015