Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 12/26/14 at 2:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Today at 10:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 549post #8221 of 167515/17/14 at 6:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8222 of 167515/17/14 at 6:41pmpost #8223 of 167515/17/14 at 6:50pmpost #8224 of 167515/17/14 at 7:07pmpost #8225 of 167515/17/14 at 7:11pmpost #8226 of 167515/17/14 at 9:19pmQuote:
the similar tastes. we has it.Quote:
it is.post #8227 of 167515/17/14 at 11:00pmpost #8228 of 167515/18/14 at 1:13ampost #8229 of 167515/18/14 at 11:53ampost #8230 of 167515/18/14 at 11:55ampost #8231 of 167515/18/14 at 12:01pmpost #8232 of 167515/18/14 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by sprout2
Might I suggest something more elementary? No need to go for the most obscure material possible. I think there'd be a decent number of people interested in getting a semi RTW Formosa sport coat even beyond the consideration of unusual patterns and the like. For the first pilot, why not do something utterly basic like a solid linen, rich hopsack, or evergreen check motif in a mid weight that most anyone, regardless of climate region, dress code, or style is likely to enjoy.
Or you could keep the heavyweight donegal and stuff for a secondary option 2.
Anyway, I'm not sure the race to obscurantism is the best approach here.
Maybe it's a bias from living in a warmer climate but I believe a mid weight fabrics here would make more sense. A larger pool of people might be willing to buy in. I enjoy the few tweeds I own, but find I can't wear them enough to invest this kind of money into a MTO piece.post #8233 of 167515/18/14 at 12:38pm@sprout2
Agreed about the funky gunclub and horseblanket recommendations. Need something more basic, like a solid or slight textured fabric.
I already own about 4 hopsack navy blazers, so I'm good on that front.
Linen doesn't strike me as a great choice for a first MTO project. The guy at Chipp Tailors once remarked that he dislikes making cotton or linen items for customers. "Go wool or go home." I could go for a wool-linen blend in blue, however.Quote:Also, I find I’m uncomfortable when someone asks me to make something for them where I feel they have to pay me more than they should. Case in point, when people ask me to make poplin trousers. I say, “These are your clothing Miranda Rights: You shouldn’t be buying poplin trousers from me, because the cloth we’re using is a better make than the cloth deserves, but it still costs me the same to make trousers out of poplin as the world’s finest flannel.” As a result, while my price on the flannels is better than everyone else’s, my price on the poplin is more than you should be paying for poplin. I say that, and many tell me, “But I can’t find the colors I want, and I want a higher or shorter rise, and I can afford it.” So I do it and sleep well because I told them they shouldn’t be paying me for poplin or seersucker.
http://www.ivy-style.com/chipp-off-the-old-block.htmlpost #8234 of 167515/18/14 at 6:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
The Drapers looks nice. I think this is a different gun club from The Armoury/Liverano that the Unfunded Liabilities thread couldn't identify (IIRC).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Some others from Unfunded Liabilities that looked good to me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are lovely, but I'm curious what color trousers. Mid grey doesn't seem the best choice. Brown, navy, dark grey or charcoal? I'd love to see a pic with the whole fit visible.
That said, I would be more interested in a Donegal or other tweed, blue or brown for a MTO SC from Formosa.
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › Official Sales Alert thread 34 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › J Crew Shirts - Small - Chambray, Flannel, Madras 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Diemme Footwear 8 minutes ago
- › Tie/pocket sq color? Midnight blue tux, white shirt, brown shoes.. 8 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...