Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/15/16 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 9/23/16 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 539post #8071 of 347125/9/14 at 3:52pmpost #8072 of 347125/9/14 at 4:04pmThread Starterpost #8073 of 347125/9/14 at 4:18pmpost #8074 of 347125/9/14 at 4:43pmpost #8075 of 347125/9/14 at 5:39pmQuote:
we have all been therepost #8076 of 347125/9/14 at 9:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by europrep
The tubo suede belts are very nice and look great in person. I ordered the gray, but ended up returning it. I found it very annoying to put on and off because there is too much friction between the seude and your pants. Others may not mind this, but it was something that I knew would annoy me. I exchanged for the blue elastic belt and am very happy with it.
I am considering the tubo calf.
Joke too easy... must resist.post #8077 of 347125/10/14 at 12:23am
Quick feedback on the Fat Carter now that I've used it for some time - it does have its pros and, sorry to say, cons as well:
The bag carries everything I need.
The leather is beautiful and will only get better with age.
The handles are more comfortable than my Filson 256
It's just so damned elegant with a suit and looks pretty good with more casual outfits.
After your wife/partner sees this bag, they are going to want one.
If you plan to order one, be prepared and don't say I didn't warn you!post #8078 of 347125/10/14 at 6:17ampost #8079 of 347125/10/14 at 7:13ampost #8080 of 347125/10/14 at 8:09amQuick fit FB on the Robinson LesBains Oxford swimshorts. Very well made and nice features like the zipped right pocket. As for fit, pretty slim in hip/bum area and no stretch. S/s Rotas in 50 fit me like a charm, an L RLB is fine in waist but almost too trim everywhere else. Just be aware. Btw, think the XL waist size info must be wrong, +3.5" from L?post #8081 of 347125/10/14 at 5:33pmpost #8082 of 347125/10/14 at 7:38pmTwo things that Greg and co. do very well:
1. Greg's vision to help his customers dress well by offering unique/difficult-to-acquire brands is worthy of praise. Unlike most other stores, including several SF affiliates, NMWA doesn't simply stock trendy items for the sake of making a quick buck; rather, every piece is carefully selected. Some examples include the Formosa suit fabrics, Inglese shirtings and styles, and Talarico umbrella color coordination (i.e., lighter stick color for light canopy color, darker stick color for dark canopy color).
2. As busy as Greg is, he has made himself available to help me with my decisions on multiple occasions, including during the spring drop, where his schedule was hectic.
Just a happy customer's two cents.post #8083 of 347125/10/14 at 8:21pmpost #8084 of 347125/11/14 at 2:46amQuote:
Greg, I do have 2 Cantarelli SCs from last year in 36 and I do think they fit me perfectly as slim cut. Looking at the measurements you listed on the site confirms this as 36 is commonly 19" chest. Just fyi...post #8085 of 347125/11/14 at 4:08amThread Starter@Gerry Nelson enjoy the Fat Carter (name is still funny after the 100th time...)! I'd love to see your pics as it gets used and ages.
@1969 as GN indicated, it's pretty slim. I'd say that it's a convenient accessory for those times when you need to carry the bag on the shoulder, but I'm not sure the FC isn't a messenger bag - I'm not sure it's the best choice for something that will primarily be worn on the shoulder
@DeSense we'll double check the measurements but I think they're correct.
@Odd I/O I don't have any personal experience washing this piece but I think if recommend following the care tag instructions here
@Maverick972 wow thanks so much for the kind words! As I said from the beginning, we're complete outsiders to the fashion and retail industry and we built this as the dream store we'd like to shop at. It isn't a concept or a variant of a traditional shop model, it's what we like to see (selection of products, useful photo, interesting pics and video of production) and read (articles on men's style and backstories about the makers) when browsing an online shop. Since we've never done it before, there are many things we could have done differently, but the constant feedback we get from you guys helps us improve what we can as we go
@Riva are yours from the same line (Sartoria) and cut (linea 14)? I've yet to see a single customer trying our Cantarelli sport coats on who did not size up from their usual size. I know I need to.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers Wingtips 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...