I agree with that. US7 should be a good fit for 39 in Buttero.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 7/26/15 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 12:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 495post #7411 of 244514/7/14 at 3:52pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7412 of 244514/7/14 at 4:20pmpost #7413 of 244514/7/14 at 7:25pmpost #7414 of 244514/7/14 at 7:31pmThread Starterpost #7415 of 244514/8/14 at 7:24amQuote:
Alright, I'll take a stab at it, in the form of some initial impressions when handling it:
The nylon has a very, very soft hand to it, and the down inside is very lightweight. The side hand pockets are a nice touch and the chest pockets help break up the looks of it, making it more of a jacket than some sort of technical layering garment.
It's not overly puffy, so is thin enough to wear as a mid-layer. Its length, which is on the shorter side, also helps with this, but also means it will look appropriate as an outer layer on warmer days or cooler nights.
As far as temperatures, that all depends on what you want to layer with it and your sensitivity to cold, so I can't really weigh in on that. I would describe it as "warm enough" and it's certainly warmer than my go-to Uniqlo ultra-light down that I always wear as a mid-layer on colder days (but I don't expect much from a $70 down jacket).
Plus it's reversible, so it's like 2 jackets in one!
I would probably recommend an XL for you, from what I remember of your build - this runs on the trim and short side.post #7416 of 244514/8/14 at 8:30ampost #7417 of 244514/8/14 at 10:04ampost #7418 of 244514/8/14 at 10:08amHey guys,
I figured I might as well post this here, too - just in case people don't follow the tumblr.Quote:Originally Posted by Synthese
Oh, also - in the wake of the Frozen Waves insanity, some of you may be interested in a recent interview I did with Stephan Schneider. It's on the NMWA tumblr. He's a super interesting, super funny guy, and he had some hilarious things to say about his own clothes and fashion in general that are probably worth a read. Kind of made me wonder why I like what I like, which is never a bad thing.
(There will be a longer Part 2)post #7419 of 244514/8/14 at 10:18ampost #7420 of 244514/8/14 at 10:19ampost #7421 of 244514/8/14 at 10:42amQuote:
that was a great read. i loved his answers. really enjoy his POV on being a designer and the fashion world. very cool and down to earth, very practical and so far from self serving.post #7422 of 244514/8/14 at 1:05pmQuote:
My size is gone. If a 16.5 is too big for anyone on the 100% blue linen please PM!!post #7423 of 244514/8/14 at 5:56pmThread StarterReceived our new shipment of Calabrese bags today. It included restocks of black Napoli bags and both colors of the boiled wool/leather ones.
And 8 new styles that are all freaking awesome - some full leather ones (including a leather/suede combo) and several more seasonal canvas/leather combos (including a seersucker and a striped cotton).
Photos to come... But I'm excited by these arrivalspost #7424 of 244514/8/14 at 6:40pm
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › SuitSupply 29 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...