I agree with that. US7 should be a good fit for 39 in Buttero.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/16/15 at 8:17am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/10/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
Last edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Going Places: A Brief Trip to NaplesLast edited: 3/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 495post #7411 of 214344/7/14 at 3:52pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7412 of 214344/7/14 at 4:20pmpost #7413 of 214344/7/14 at 7:25pmpost #7414 of 214344/7/14 at 7:31pmThread Starterpost #7415 of 214344/8/14 at 7:24amQuote:
Alright, I'll take a stab at it, in the form of some initial impressions when handling it:
The nylon has a very, very soft hand to it, and the down inside is very lightweight. The side hand pockets are a nice touch and the chest pockets help break up the looks of it, making it more of a jacket than some sort of technical layering garment.
It's not overly puffy, so is thin enough to wear as a mid-layer. Its length, which is on the shorter side, also helps with this, but also means it will look appropriate as an outer layer on warmer days or cooler nights.
As far as temperatures, that all depends on what you want to layer with it and your sensitivity to cold, so I can't really weigh in on that. I would describe it as "warm enough" and it's certainly warmer than my go-to Uniqlo ultra-light down that I always wear as a mid-layer on colder days (but I don't expect much from a $70 down jacket).
Plus it's reversible, so it's like 2 jackets in one!
I would probably recommend an XL for you, from what I remember of your build - this runs on the trim and short side.post #7416 of 214344/8/14 at 8:30ampost #7417 of 214344/8/14 at 10:04ampost #7418 of 214344/8/14 at 10:08amHey guys,
I figured I might as well post this here, too - just in case people don't follow the tumblr.Quote:Originally Posted by Synthese
Oh, also - in the wake of the Frozen Waves insanity, some of you may be interested in a recent interview I did with Stephan Schneider. It's on the NMWA tumblr. He's a super interesting, super funny guy, and he had some hilarious things to say about his own clothes and fashion in general that are probably worth a read. Kind of made me wonder why I like what I like, which is never a bad thing.
(There will be a longer Part 2)post #7419 of 214344/8/14 at 10:18ampost #7420 of 214344/8/14 at 10:19ampost #7421 of 214344/8/14 at 10:42amQuote:
that was a great read. i loved his answers. really enjoy his POV on being a designer and the fashion world. very cool and down to earth, very practical and so far from self serving.post #7422 of 214344/8/14 at 1:05pmQuote:
My size is gone. If a 16.5 is too big for anyone on the 100% blue linen please PM!!post #7423 of 214344/8/14 at 5:56pmThread StarterReceived our new shipment of Calabrese bags today. It included restocks of black Napoli bags and both colors of the boiled wool/leather ones.
And 8 new styles that are all freaking awesome - some full leather ones (including a leather/suede combo) and several more seasonal canvas/leather combos (including a seersucker and a striped cotton).
Photos to come... But I'm excited by these arrivalspost #7424 of 214344/8/14 at 6:40pm
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...