I agree with that. US7 should be a good fit for 39 in Buttero.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:55 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 6/12/15 at 9:27am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:35 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 495post #7411 of 239384/7/14 at 3:52pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7412 of 239384/7/14 at 4:20pmpost #7413 of 239384/7/14 at 7:25pmpost #7414 of 239384/7/14 at 7:31pmThread Starterpost #7415 of 239384/8/14 at 7:24amQuote:
Alright, I'll take a stab at it, in the form of some initial impressions when handling it:
The nylon has a very, very soft hand to it, and the down inside is very lightweight. The side hand pockets are a nice touch and the chest pockets help break up the looks of it, making it more of a jacket than some sort of technical layering garment.
It's not overly puffy, so is thin enough to wear as a mid-layer. Its length, which is on the shorter side, also helps with this, but also means it will look appropriate as an outer layer on warmer days or cooler nights.
As far as temperatures, that all depends on what you want to layer with it and your sensitivity to cold, so I can't really weigh in on that. I would describe it as "warm enough" and it's certainly warmer than my go-to Uniqlo ultra-light down that I always wear as a mid-layer on colder days (but I don't expect much from a $70 down jacket).
Plus it's reversible, so it's like 2 jackets in one!
I would probably recommend an XL for you, from what I remember of your build - this runs on the trim and short side.post #7416 of 239384/8/14 at 8:30ampost #7417 of 239384/8/14 at 10:04ampost #7418 of 239384/8/14 at 10:08amHey guys,
I figured I might as well post this here, too - just in case people don't follow the tumblr.Quote:Originally Posted by Synthese
Oh, also - in the wake of the Frozen Waves insanity, some of you may be interested in a recent interview I did with Stephan Schneider. It's on the NMWA tumblr. He's a super interesting, super funny guy, and he had some hilarious things to say about his own clothes and fashion in general that are probably worth a read. Kind of made me wonder why I like what I like, which is never a bad thing.
(There will be a longer Part 2)post #7419 of 239384/8/14 at 10:18ampost #7420 of 239384/8/14 at 10:19ampost #7421 of 239384/8/14 at 10:42amQuote:
that was a great read. i loved his answers. really enjoy his POV on being a designer and the fashion world. very cool and down to earth, very practical and so far from self serving.post #7422 of 239384/8/14 at 1:05pmQuote:
My size is gone. If a 16.5 is too big for anyone on the 100% blue linen please PM!!post #7423 of 239384/8/14 at 5:56pmThread StarterReceived our new shipment of Calabrese bags today. It included restocks of black Napoli bags and both colors of the boiled wool/leather ones.
And 8 new styles that are all freaking awesome - some full leather ones (including a leather/suede combo) and several more seasonal canvas/leather combos (including a seersucker and a striped cotton).
Photos to come... But I'm excited by these arrivalspost #7424 of 239384/8/14 at 6:40pm
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...