Sounds like mine. Looks like I have a solid reason to make another purchase soon. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:06 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 6/12/15 at 9:27am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 10:11 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 491
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7352 of 239634/4/14 at 8:31pmpost #7353 of 239634/4/14 at 8:54pmpost #7354 of 239634/4/14 at 10:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
I've been hit a couple times with 13% HST, plus 18% duty, plus a courier brokerage fee ($10-15). Not pleasant. The 18% applies not just to English shoes, but to any shoes not made in Canada or the US.
But in each case that was for a package shipped via courier. I always specificy delivery by trackable post if given the option - and my success rate of have no duties OR taxes assessed is better than 80% when shipped by that method. Probably closer to 90%.
Thanks for the information gentlemen. My package is finally on the move, hopefully it'll cross the border by Monday.post #7355 of 239634/5/14 at 6:28am
With all the grief I gave to USPS for the time it took them to actually get the package, the delivery to Canada was super fast (2 days from pickup to my door), plus I didnt get to pay a single cent of taxes/duties so all in all im pretty happy. Ordered the La Portegna portfolio and it is really beautiful, I think I will need to get myself a Fat Carter.post #7356 of 239634/5/14 at 7:57amThread StarterQuote:
I wouldn't call the Niche linen coat an "overcoat". (I would just call it a badass coat...)
It's a reasonably heavy linen so it isn't something you'd wear on a hot summer day/evening. It also has a hood (removable) and a more casual/utilitarian look to it. So to me that's an awesome coat to wear on weekends and nights out all spring and fall (why not). Its utility is the same as a Schneider cotton/linen coat or a ts(s) hooded cotton coat : a cool top layer to finish a more casual outfit whenever the weather isn't too warm or too cold.post #7357 of 239634/5/14 at 8:21ampost #7358 of 239634/5/14 at 8:44amHere's a highly subjective question that I'd appreciate input on - I'm eyeballing (drooling?) over the cotton/linen Inglese below but am trying to gauge how transparent it is or isn't. Most all linen or cotton-linen blends that I have, especially the more breathable ones, allow more skin to show through. While I'm sure this will have some, I don't want so much as to alter the way the color reads; I passed on a fantastic light blue Truzzi one time that when worn took on a greenish cast once the blue combined with my moderate-to-fair skin tones.
Yep, droolingpost #7359 of 239634/5/14 at 8:57amQuote:
As someone who lives in Florida and fights, literally, fights the heat/humidity - a linen coat, jacket, or overcoat that is still water repellent is what I use for casual wear during rainy (or potentially rainy) weather 3/4's, maybe 5/6's of the year. Anything heavier is just unbearable. Especially because here in Florida we tend to get surprise/sporadic but brief showers when it's near 100 degrees - the rain hits the ground and almost instantly turns to steam. Light, light, breathable outwear is what you need here.
Of course items in super light weight NWR wool, like Loro Piana's fabled Storm System treatment, also do the trick but as you can imagine are rare and super expensive alternatives.post #7360 of 239634/5/14 at 9:02amBig John off-white denim, with Vass Alt Wiens (NMWA):
Buy these Big Johns. You will not regret it. But note that they are not really all that slim. The suggestion on the website is to order your regular size, and I think that means your regular trouser size, not your jeans size. These are a size 33 and are just a little loose on me. For reference I wear a 33 Rudy fit in Epaulet trousers. Those are cut for guys with bigger thighs and ass. I have plenty of room in these Big Johns. I have washed these twice and had little to no shrinkage.post #7361 of 239634/5/14 at 9:10ampost #7362 of 239634/5/14 at 9:40ampost #7363 of 239634/5/14 at 10:26ampost #7364 of 239634/5/14 at 10:37am
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 22 seconds ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 47 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 59 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 7 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...