Sounds like mine. Looks like I have a solid reason to make another purchase soon. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 7/26/15 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 11:43 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 491
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7352 of 245524/4/14 at 8:31pmpost #7353 of 245524/4/14 at 8:54pmpost #7354 of 245524/4/14 at 10:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
I've been hit a couple times with 13% HST, plus 18% duty, plus a courier brokerage fee ($10-15). Not pleasant. The 18% applies not just to English shoes, but to any shoes not made in Canada or the US.
But in each case that was for a package shipped via courier. I always specificy delivery by trackable post if given the option - and my success rate of have no duties OR taxes assessed is better than 80% when shipped by that method. Probably closer to 90%.
Thanks for the information gentlemen. My package is finally on the move, hopefully it'll cross the border by Monday.post #7355 of 245524/5/14 at 6:28am
With all the grief I gave to USPS for the time it took them to actually get the package, the delivery to Canada was super fast (2 days from pickup to my door), plus I didnt get to pay a single cent of taxes/duties so all in all im pretty happy. Ordered the La Portegna portfolio and it is really beautiful, I think I will need to get myself a Fat Carter.post #7356 of 245524/5/14 at 7:57amThread StarterQuote:
I wouldn't call the Niche linen coat an "overcoat". (I would just call it a badass coat...)
It's a reasonably heavy linen so it isn't something you'd wear on a hot summer day/evening. It also has a hood (removable) and a more casual/utilitarian look to it. So to me that's an awesome coat to wear on weekends and nights out all spring and fall (why not). Its utility is the same as a Schneider cotton/linen coat or a ts(s) hooded cotton coat : a cool top layer to finish a more casual outfit whenever the weather isn't too warm or too cold.post #7357 of 245524/5/14 at 8:21ampost #7358 of 245524/5/14 at 8:44amHere's a highly subjective question that I'd appreciate input on - I'm eyeballing (drooling?) over the cotton/linen Inglese below but am trying to gauge how transparent it is or isn't. Most all linen or cotton-linen blends that I have, especially the more breathable ones, allow more skin to show through. While I'm sure this will have some, I don't want so much as to alter the way the color reads; I passed on a fantastic light blue Truzzi one time that when worn took on a greenish cast once the blue combined with my moderate-to-fair skin tones.
Yep, droolingpost #7359 of 245524/5/14 at 8:57amQuote:
As someone who lives in Florida and fights, literally, fights the heat/humidity - a linen coat, jacket, or overcoat that is still water repellent is what I use for casual wear during rainy (or potentially rainy) weather 3/4's, maybe 5/6's of the year. Anything heavier is just unbearable. Especially because here in Florida we tend to get surprise/sporadic but brief showers when it's near 100 degrees - the rain hits the ground and almost instantly turns to steam. Light, light, breathable outwear is what you need here.
Of course items in super light weight NWR wool, like Loro Piana's fabled Storm System treatment, also do the trick but as you can imagine are rare and super expensive alternatives.post #7360 of 245524/5/14 at 9:02amBig John off-white denim, with Vass Alt Wiens (NMWA):
Buy these Big Johns. You will not regret it. But note that they are not really all that slim. The suggestion on the website is to order your regular size, and I think that means your regular trouser size, not your jeans size. These are a size 33 and are just a little loose on me. For reference I wear a 33 Rudy fit in Epaulet trousers. Those are cut for guys with bigger thighs and ass. I have plenty of room in these Big Johns. I have washed these twice and had little to no shrinkage.post #7361 of 245524/5/14 at 9:10ampost #7362 of 245524/5/14 at 9:40ampost #7363 of 245524/5/14 at 10:26ampost #7364 of 245524/5/14 at 10:37am
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 9 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 39 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...