or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 44

post #646 of 16755
Belts available in snuff suede or similar color?
post #647 of 16755
gdl, you (&the armory guys) are curators and purveyors of very tasteful, very desirable stuff
post #648 of 16755
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Afro View Post

Sorry, not saying the shoes aren't sexy, but they are a bit pedestrian after the knits, the suits and the coats. smile.gif Like the loafers.
Sorry to disappoint. They're certainly classic styles, but IMO the execution is up there and on par with their better rated Northampton brethren. I personally love the waist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

The black monks are killer.  Really like the loafers, too.  Brand(s)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Afro View Post

I think they are all Alfred Sargent.
Yes, they are all part of a capsule of make-ups we designed with Alfred Sargent and made at the Exclusive line level. For those not familiar with AS Exclusive, these are wonderful shoes, and as close at it gets to the EG quality in my opinion. As most people here know, the same craftsmen used to and still make shoes for some other lines that are sold at much higher prices...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Belts available in snuff suede or similar color?
The brown suede tubo belt we carry is much darker than snuff - closer to mink. We will add lighter suedes for spring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde View Post

gdl, you (&the armory guys) are curators and purveyors of very tasteful, very desirable stuff
oh thank you! Much appreciated - and placed in good company too !
post #649 of 16755
Checking in to join everyone's congratulations and excitement. Amazing stuff Greg & team!
post #650 of 16755
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

this one is for jet



just lost my lunch
post #651 of 16755
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

and now for something completely different...

 

Fixed your joke for you.

post #652 of 16755
Thread Starter 
@Jet : But I showed you the tip !

@Emart : thanks for the help!
post #653 of 16755
ya I'll probably pick up the black 34 son
post #654 of 16755
And I'll have to be patient and wait for spring. Oh wells I'm sure I'll find something to spend my free shopping spree on when the store opens
post #655 of 16755
LOL!!
post #656 of 16755
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Afro View Post

Sorry, not saying the shoes aren't sexy, but they are a bit pedestrian after the knits, the suits and the coats. smile.gif Like the loafers.
Sorry to disappoint. They're certainly classic styles, but IMO the execution is up there and on par with their better rated Northampton brethren. I personally love the waist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Afro View Post

I think they are all Alfred Sargent.
Yes, they are all part of a capsule of make-ups we designed with Alfred Sargent and made at the Exclusive line level. For those not familiar with AS Exclusive, these are wonderful shoes, and as close at it gets to the EG quality in my opinion. As most people here know, the same craftsmen used to and still make shoes for some other lines that are sold at much higher prices...

I wasn't truly disappointed. With the high bar you've set for yourselves, the shoes would have to be made by Delos to top what's been revealed so far.

How does your AS last compare with EG's 202?
post #657 of 16755
I'm a big fan of the AS exclusives. I own those and the handgrades, and I like the exclusives a little more, mainly because of the waists and heels (rounded for exclusive, notched for handgrade). This model is perhaps my favorite, the Carroll w/o the tassel:
LL
I'd like it in black w/o the medallion. Suede would be great too.

If you can get them to make a t
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post

Checking in to join everyone's congratulations and excitement. Amazing stuff Greg & team!
Hey T!
post #658 of 16755

The shoes are the first thing posted here that I haven't wanted or at least thought 'wow' about. AS aren't quite at the same level of quality and design as the other stuff you've chosen IMHO.

post #659 of 16755
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

The shoes are the first thing posted here that I haven't wanted or at least thought 'wow' about. AS aren't quite at the same level of quality and design as the other stuff you've chosen IMHO.

Well that's a pretty good approval rate ! smile.gif

I think you're incorrect about AS Exclusive but I don't blame you. I don't think AS has done the best job at explaining or marketing their higher end offering. The multiple lines and quality levels can also be confusing. Let's just say that when I started with my blank page and looked for the right maker of classic Northampton shoes, I had a number of choices. I was truly impressed by the AS Exclusive construction, leather quality and craftsmanship. Certainly not something often rivaled at that price point unless for shoes are made in low cost countries.
post #660 of 16755
I have two pairs of AS Exclusives. Love them both. Fantastic shoes.

I actually purchased the first pair over EGs because I couldn't find any sure-fire differentiators that justified the cost gap (at least IMO).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭