i was serious though. its my fave shoe of that heschung bunch.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 1/30/15 at 3:12am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 9:01 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
Last edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 420post #6286 of 195183/14/14 at 8:54am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6287 of 195183/14/14 at 8:56ampost #6288 of 195183/14/14 at 8:57amSo now I'm looking at those Formosa suits and I really shouldn't be considering how often I wear a suit. But sizing thoughts... 48 looks like it ought to work for me based on jackets and trousers I wear (generally 40 and 34 respectively) but I thought 40 and euro 50 typically lined up so I don't know a about ostensibly sizing down on this.post #6289 of 195183/14/14 at 9:10amQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
So now I'm looking at those Formosa suits and I really shouldn't be considering how often I wear a suit. But sizing thoughts... 48 looks like it ought to work for me based on jackets and trousers I wear (generally 40 and 34 respectively) but I thought 40 and euro 50 typically lined up so I don't know a about ostensibly sizing down on this.
i would not size down on formosa, they are cut pretty trim. i am usually a 52, sometime a 54 and i had to go with a 54.post #6290 of 195183/14/14 at 9:15amThread Starterpost #6291 of 195183/14/14 at 9:18amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by AJL
questions questions questions...
re Inis zip cardi: fit recommendation? 5' 7", 155 lbs; 40s jacket-18" shldr, 42" chest ? Had a similar sweater, Loro Piana cotton, but was way too slouchy and long, got tired of poor fit and sold it. Want to avoid same. Suspect I'm in between M & L, but being 5' 7" and not especially trim, want to avoid both overly long & sloppy and sausage casing effect. Assume waist and sleeves are banded like crew and v-neck? Would the latter 2 fit similarly?
re: Formosa navy birdseye. Damn, I love that suit, but it's too long. Can the coat be shortened approx 1" w/o screwing up the lines, balance, buttoning point, etc? Anyone have a measure for the coat waist?
I'd say L on the Inis. Yes crew and v-neck are the same body with different necks.
Not sure about shortening a coat 1", especially given the reasonably low buttoning point of the Formosa style... Re waist measurement, which size are you looking at? 50?post #6292 of 195183/14/14 at 9:20ampost #6293 of 195183/14/14 at 9:26amThread Starterpost #6294 of 195183/14/14 at 9:28amThread Starterpost #6295 of 195183/14/14 at 9:28ampost #6296 of 195183/14/14 at 9:37amQuote:
I meant crew and v-neck same fit as cardi?
Was looking at the 48, since the 50 jumps up nearly 1" on the shoulder, but more importantly, you don't have it in stock.
OT-Frankly, I'm mystified by how easily folks here seem to be able to fit things OTR. Am I restricting myself too much in terms of range of measurements? (I think I know what those measurements should be, reasonably well...) Can one wear an 18" shoulder in one cut and closer to 19" in another, and have both jackets fit well? Anyway, mucking up your thread; its a monologue better suited for the hand-wringing pathos of the Noodles sartorial retard thread.
Thx Greg, carry on.post #6297 of 195183/14/14 at 9:38ampost #6298 of 195183/14/14 at 10:24amThread Starterpost #6299 of 195183/14/14 at 10:30amThread Starter
Because it may take a week or more to get them online (long queue...), here are some iphone snaps of the non-cotton Rota pants for the season. Cotton light chinos are landing next week.
Tropical weight light grey wool
Beige linen twill
Bottle green linen
Navy/white puppytooth linen
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 love problem solution specialist in canada~ 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › You should also growth your protein intake. 5 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 love problem solution specialist in london~ 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 love problem solution specialist in u.s.a ~ 6 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 love problem solution specialist in u.s.a ~ 6 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 love problem solution specialist in usa ~ 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...