i was serious though. its my fave shoe of that heschung bunch.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:20 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 4/6/15 at 2:15pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:10 pm in Classic Menswear
Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
Last edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Going Places: A Brief Trip to NaplesLast edited: 3/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 420post #6286 of 224493/14/14 at 8:54am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6287 of 224493/14/14 at 8:56ampost #6288 of 224493/14/14 at 8:57amSo now I'm looking at those Formosa suits and I really shouldn't be considering how often I wear a suit. But sizing thoughts... 48 looks like it ought to work for me based on jackets and trousers I wear (generally 40 and 34 respectively) but I thought 40 and euro 50 typically lined up so I don't know a about ostensibly sizing down on this.post #6289 of 224493/14/14 at 9:10amQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
So now I'm looking at those Formosa suits and I really shouldn't be considering how often I wear a suit. But sizing thoughts... 48 looks like it ought to work for me based on jackets and trousers I wear (generally 40 and 34 respectively) but I thought 40 and euro 50 typically lined up so I don't know a about ostensibly sizing down on this.
i would not size down on formosa, they are cut pretty trim. i am usually a 52, sometime a 54 and i had to go with a 54.post #6290 of 224493/14/14 at 9:15amThread Starterpost #6291 of 224493/14/14 at 9:18amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by AJL
questions questions questions...
re Inis zip cardi: fit recommendation? 5' 7", 155 lbs; 40s jacket-18" shldr, 42" chest ? Had a similar sweater, Loro Piana cotton, but was way too slouchy and long, got tired of poor fit and sold it. Want to avoid same. Suspect I'm in between M & L, but being 5' 7" and not especially trim, want to avoid both overly long & sloppy and sausage casing effect. Assume waist and sleeves are banded like crew and v-neck? Would the latter 2 fit similarly?
re: Formosa navy birdseye. Damn, I love that suit, but it's too long. Can the coat be shortened approx 1" w/o screwing up the lines, balance, buttoning point, etc? Anyone have a measure for the coat waist?
I'd say L on the Inis. Yes crew and v-neck are the same body with different necks.
Not sure about shortening a coat 1", especially given the reasonably low buttoning point of the Formosa style... Re waist measurement, which size are you looking at? 50?post #6292 of 224493/14/14 at 9:20ampost #6293 of 224493/14/14 at 9:26amThread Starterpost #6294 of 224493/14/14 at 9:28amThread Starterpost #6295 of 224493/14/14 at 9:28ampost #6296 of 224493/14/14 at 9:37amQuote:
I meant crew and v-neck same fit as cardi?
Was looking at the 48, since the 50 jumps up nearly 1" on the shoulder, but more importantly, you don't have it in stock.
OT-Frankly, I'm mystified by how easily folks here seem to be able to fit things OTR. Am I restricting myself too much in terms of range of measurements? (I think I know what those measurements should be, reasonably well...) Can one wear an 18" shoulder in one cut and closer to 19" in another, and have both jackets fit well? Anyway, mucking up your thread; its a monologue better suited for the hand-wringing pathos of the Noodles sartorial retard thread.
Thx Greg, carry on.post #6297 of 224493/14/14 at 9:38ampost #6298 of 224493/14/14 at 10:24amThread Starterpost #6299 of 224493/14/14 at 10:30amThread Starter
Because it may take a week or more to get them online (long queue...), here are some iphone snaps of the non-cotton Rota pants for the season. Cotton light chinos are landing next week.
Tropical weight light grey wool
Beige linen twill
Bottle green linen
Navy/white puppytooth linen
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...
- › Random fashion thoughts 29 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...