i was serious though. its my fave shoe of that heschung bunch.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 7/5/16 at 8:25am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:06 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 420post #6286 of 338653/14/14 at 8:54ampost #6287 of 338653/14/14 at 8:56ampost #6288 of 338653/14/14 at 8:57amSo now I'm looking at those Formosa suits and I really shouldn't be considering how often I wear a suit. But sizing thoughts... 48 looks like it ought to work for me based on jackets and trousers I wear (generally 40 and 34 respectively) but I thought 40 and euro 50 typically lined up so I don't know a about ostensibly sizing down on this.post #6289 of 338653/14/14 at 9:10amQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
So now I'm looking at those Formosa suits and I really shouldn't be considering how often I wear a suit. But sizing thoughts... 48 looks like it ought to work for me based on jackets and trousers I wear (generally 40 and 34 respectively) but I thought 40 and euro 50 typically lined up so I don't know a about ostensibly sizing down on this.
i would not size down on formosa, they are cut pretty trim. i am usually a 52, sometime a 54 and i had to go with a 54.post #6290 of 338653/14/14 at 9:15amThread Starterpost #6291 of 338653/14/14 at 9:18amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by AJL
questions questions questions...
re Inis zip cardi: fit recommendation? 5' 7", 155 lbs; 40s jacket-18" shldr, 42" chest ? Had a similar sweater, Loro Piana cotton, but was way too slouchy and long, got tired of poor fit and sold it. Want to avoid same. Suspect I'm in between M & L, but being 5' 7" and not especially trim, want to avoid both overly long & sloppy and sausage casing effect. Assume waist and sleeves are banded like crew and v-neck? Would the latter 2 fit similarly?
re: Formosa navy birdseye. Damn, I love that suit, but it's too long. Can the coat be shortened approx 1" w/o screwing up the lines, balance, buttoning point, etc? Anyone have a measure for the coat waist?
I'd say L on the Inis. Yes crew and v-neck are the same body with different necks.
Not sure about shortening a coat 1", especially given the reasonably low buttoning point of the Formosa style... Re waist measurement, which size are you looking at? 50?post #6292 of 338653/14/14 at 9:20ampost #6293 of 338653/14/14 at 9:26amThread Starterpost #6294 of 338653/14/14 at 9:28amThread Starterpost #6295 of 338653/14/14 at 9:28ampost #6296 of 338653/14/14 at 9:37amQuote:
I meant crew and v-neck same fit as cardi?
Was looking at the 48, since the 50 jumps up nearly 1" on the shoulder, but more importantly, you don't have it in stock.
OT-Frankly, I'm mystified by how easily folks here seem to be able to fit things OTR. Am I restricting myself too much in terms of range of measurements? (I think I know what those measurements should be, reasonably well...) Can one wear an 18" shoulder in one cut and closer to 19" in another, and have both jackets fit well? Anyway, mucking up your thread; its a monologue better suited for the hand-wringing pathos of the Noodles sartorial retard thread.
Thx Greg, carry on.post #6297 of 338653/14/14 at 9:38ampost #6298 of 338653/14/14 at 10:24amThread Starterpost #6299 of 338653/14/14 at 10:30amThread Starter
Because it may take a week or more to get them online (long queue...), here are some iphone snaps of the non-cotton Rota pants for the season. Cotton light chinos are landing next week.
Tropical weight light grey wool
Beige linen twill
Bottle green linen
Navy/white puppytooth linenpost #6300 of 338653/14/14 at 10:43am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 14 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 23 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 29 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 36 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 40 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 49 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding