What size in the Inis shawl collar/horn toggle sweater do you recommend for someone who typically wears a size 44 sport coat?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:44 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/15/16 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 5:11 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 29post #422 of 347859/11/13 at 10:20pmpost #423 of 347859/11/13 at 10:53pmpost #424 of 347859/11/13 at 10:56pmpost #425 of 347859/12/13 at 12:18ampost #426 of 347859/12/13 at 3:12ampost #427 of 347859/12/13 at 3:34ampost #428 of 347859/12/13 at 3:49amQuote:Originally Posted by lefty
Yes, you did.
I'm entering my old creative guy who justs wants to wear the same black and loose yamamoto every day and not give a fuck stage. I have thousands and thousands of dollars in my closet of shit I'll never wear and never care about. I was at Town and Country menswear event at Bergdorf last night and I wanted to kill everyone there. Except for Mickey Rooney. He was cool.
Anyway, back to Greg's clothes.
The Inis Meain sweaters are sweaters you wear to become a man. A sweater that you put on and go out and do an honest day of work in. They are not precious and not meant to be washed with your delicates. They should smell like sweat and oil, semen and earth. These are the sweaters of Bull McCabe and Quint. Sweaters that leave on when you take your woman.
I swear to god, if I see one of you at a Bergdorf party wearing one of these sweaters and huddled in a corner fearing a waiter bumping into you with a tray of champagne I will throw you out a fucking window.
Greg's weekenders are also very nice.
I feel the same about anything made of shell cordovan...yep...get that hard-wearing, water-resistant leather, and....make a dainty pair of loafers you won't wear when it's cloudy out. Pfff. Wait...why be surprised that this forum is full of effete ladyboys? Meh..love it anyway. Thanks for the first proper laugh of the day.
For some reason this made me chuckle even more. SF affiliate vendor humour...maybe I'm becoming an effete ladyboy.Quote:
+1post #429 of 347859/12/13 at 4:48amQuote:Originally Posted by lefty
The Inis Meain sweaters are sweaters you wear to become a man. A sweater that you put on and go out and do an honest day of work in. They are not precious and not meant to be washed with your delicates. They should smell like sweat and oil, semen poon and earth. These are the sweaters of Bull McCabe and Quint. Sweaters that leave on when you take your woman.
FTFY.post #430 of 347859/12/13 at 5:29ampost #431 of 347859/12/13 at 5:44amQuote:
To be fair, they probably smell like fish. And you can take this 'authentic man' thing too far. I'm pretty sure most of us aren't hewing wood, tilling the soil or fighting the swell to bring in a meagre load of cod. And neither are most of them these days if they are making more money from knitting (superb) sweaters...post #432 of 347859/12/13 at 5:52amI would prefer to smell like I've been with a woman instead of smelling like I've been alone with my hand and the "[pick your flavor] appreciation thread" which is what your sentence read like. In other words, I don't understand how taking a woman results in said sweater results in one smelling like semen - unless you're doing it wrong.
This may all be for naught if I, err, mistook your preferences.
ps - that second guy from the left? Trust me, he reeks of poon; I can smell it through the internetz.Quote:
Isn't that what I said?post #433 of 347859/12/13 at 5:58ampost #434 of 347859/12/13 at 6:00ampost #435 of 347859/12/13 at 6:36am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 54 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg 9.5 (fits 10D) Service Boot Brown Waxed Flesh 2030 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...