or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 279

post #4171 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

It's been pretty chilly here...

Well, if you are in Southern California then yes it is a little different. However, jet can persuade you to think differently. The man owns all the knits in the world and outerwear despite living in LA nod[1].gif


That's ok. I got about 8 outercoats that I haven't even worn even once as I live in tropical countries. And I just ordered 5 cashmere scarves... Considering the same coats 10 years ago cost 35% of what they are now and the styling hasn't changed much, I'd say decent investment.

post #4172 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post

Happy 2014! Long overdue sub-par mirror pic of NMWA goods, but here is the Valstar Valstarino bomber cross-posted from the SW&D side. Love this piece. For anyone interested in sizing, I'm generally a small (US 36) in US brands, EU 48 in slim Euro brands and this is a 48. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Schneider/Valstar/Wings + Horns/Common Projects

Wow, tonio that Valstarino bomber looks awesome. This is why I love to see pics "in the wild". I would have probably never considered one of these until now.

Greg, PM sent re: Valstarino sizing.
post #4173 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoly View Post


[/SPOILER]
Wow, tonio that Valstarino bomber looks awesome. This is why I love to see pics "in the wild". I would have probably never considered one of these until now.

Greg, PM sent re: Valstarino sizing.

 

Been wanting to get this in a 36 blue but not sure when the stock will be available :(

post #4174 of 13866
Here's a pic of the blue one in a 54.



I'm usually a 23" chest /18.5-19" shoulder in most everything. I would say the jacket is pretty generous when buttoned from the chest to the waist. i've worn a hooded zip up sweat shirt under it with no issues buttoning the jacket with pulling or tightness.

It's on the shorter side, my only real issue (if any) is the pocket holes sit up pretty high.
Edited by larryr - 1/4/14 at 7:29am
post #4175 of 13866
The Valstarino bomber is not thick at all, despite being made of wool.
I would say it's more an early fall, late spring jacket, good for maybe down to 50 degrees F.
post #4176 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riva View Post


That's ok. I got about 8 outercoats that I haven't even worn even once as I live in tropical countries. And I just ordered 5 cashmere scarves... Considering the same coats 10 years ago cost 35% of what they are now and the styling hasn't changed much, I'd say decent investment.

That's actually a great point and why I'm still looking at stuff. I'm not going to be in Florida forever, and I'm only considering high quality items that I'll still be happy with in 5 or 10 years. I just pulled out a fantastic Borrelli down filled vest, unworn and tags still on it, bought about 2 or 3 years ago, just waiting for the right day to make an appearance.

When I do get to a cold clime, I'm going to be pretty well prepared for it!
post #4177 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post


That's actually a great point and why I'm still looking at stuff. I'm not going to be in Florida forever, and I'm only considering high quality items that I'll still be happy with in 5 or 10 years. I just pulled out a fantastic Borrelli down filled vest, unworn and tags still on it, bought about 2 or 3 years ago, just waiting for the right day to make an appearance.

When I do get to a cold clime, I'm going to be pretty well prepared for it!


Yes but you probably noticed as well that alas global warming just makes it warmer year after year. I wanna go out and walk in style dammit! :)

post #4178 of 13866
global warming lol, try global cooling

greg answer pm mad.gif
post #4179 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post


Sorry I missed this.

I would definitely go with this one as a great alternative to your tie above :

drktie027_6.jpgdrktie027_5.jpg

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/wool-silk-handrolled-tie-navy-white-herringbone.html
As much as if love to buy it from you I'm sad to say I already own it! Should I get another anyway? smile.gif

Emptym actually sent me this that I copped: http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-printed-silk-tie-144.html
post #4180 of 13866
UPS is weird. They never updated my shipment, dude probably never scanned it. Arrived yesterday tho.

Thanks, guys!
post #4181 of 13866
All my UPS shipments have been that way for the past few months.
post #4182 of 13866
This is the second for me. The other was on something that I sent at work, and I called the driver and asked him to please make sure that my item had been scanned. He did, and then it immediately showed up online.
post #4183 of 13866
For the Luigi Bianchi polo overcoats, would I size the same as the Casentino? In this case up one from my usual?
post #4184 of 13866
I was considering the same but because the Casentino is not lined and some here may wear over a jacket, I think perhaps size up 2. The quarter lining on the polo coat lends itself to a more comfortable and ease of fit over other jackets IMO. I will let the NMWA chime in though with the confirm.

Which Casentino?? I have my eye on the gray....
post #4185 of 13866
I have the taupe Casentino and sized up one. This makes for a very snug fit over any kind of
layer beyond a shirt. Looking at the polo coat measurements I would consider sizing up two.

And a phone snapshot in the kitchen watching the Eagles and the Saints. Who dat? Oh and NMWA item is Oliver Spencer multitweed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭