Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:33 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/11/17 at 7:01am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/28/17 at 6:28pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2545post #38162 of 392482/17/17 at 10:56amQuote:I've owned one pair of jeans for a long time. I typically wear them when I go to SEA. I bought this pair to replace my old pair, but I think I might sport them more often than in the past during the summer months when I don't want to sweat through my suit pants. I oddly perspire a great deal from those skinny legs and don't mind doing it into denim.
I essentially have two uniforms as you've described (including navy) and white t shirts and black jeans. I've decided to sport more button down collar shirts with the jeans in the summer.Quote:It shows marks then. Also I like the look of a patch, just not with so much contrast.Quote:
I lost the weight over a decade ago at this point. I was in college during the transition so my clothing ($) loss wasn't that bad (relatively).post #38163 of 392482/17/17 at 11:05amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by lifeinabox
Gents, need a fit check on my NR Bumfreezer. Really wanted the green hopsack so took a chance on a small (med sold out) when I'm generally a 38/M. Feels fine when worn open but it's constricted in the chest when zipped up over a flannel (pictured). Likely the thickest I'd layer underneath. You think I need a M?Quote:
Hm, I think I'm about the same size and I ended up preordering a MD. I experienced the same tightness around the front chest when zipped in a SM (not super uncomfortable but noticeable). Hopefully the MD will work for me!post #38164 of 392482/17/17 at 11:07amQuote:Originally Posted by dotcomzzz
@conceptual 4est will the Greatcoat be available in the fall as well, or is this a pre order thing only? I don't mind paying the extra money to see the coat made in these new colors. And also in case of a return, since I'm between sizes in FL stuff.
If there is enough fabric left after pre-orders, we'll do a run of at least one color in the fall, and I'll update the thread when we've solidified that. If the pre-order is for a color that we end up stocking we'll be able to exchange sizes, provided we have the size needed.post #38165 of 392482/17/17 at 11:30amQuote:Originally Posted by YseanY
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hm, I think I'm about the same size and I ended up preordering a MD. I experienced the same tightness around the front chest when zipped in a SM (not super uncomfortable but noticeable). Hopefully the MD will work for me!
Thanks for replies!
Yeah, the prevailing sentiment is to go TTS but I was desperate for the hopsack. The medium should be fine if not a touch roomy, which isn't a bad thing for a rain jacket. The tightness is noticeable especially if zipped up all the way. I'll sleep on it.post #38166 of 392482/17/17 at 11:48amQuote:Originally Posted by lifeinabox
Thanks for replies!
Yeah, the prevailing sentiment is to go TTS but I was desperate for the hopsack. The medium should be fine if not a touch roomy, which isn't a bad thing for a rain jacket. The tightness is noticeable especially if zipped up all the way. I'll sleep on it.
It does help being in LA. Don't think we'll need to layer anything under a Bumfreezer here.post #38167 of 392482/17/17 at 11:53ampost #38168 of 392482/17/17 at 12:42pmTo chime in on the Big Johns, I own four pairs in the slim tapered cut, three of them in a size 29 (black KURO2, indigo faux slub, and light blue RURI), and one in a 30 (another KURO2). My waist (well, hips) measure about 31.5" at the point where I wear them.
The stretching is absolutely a function of both size relative to your actual waist, and the actual fabric. The black ones in a 29 stretch out to a comfortable point over time, then tighten after a wash, but always return to comfortable after a week or so of wearing. Not so with the indigo and the ruri, which don't seem to stretch as much in the first place and never quite got to a point where I found them comfortable. The 29 is definitely a "size down one" on me in all three fabrics.
When my first pair of black ones had tears in both front pocket bags, was wearing through in several places, and had faded to a light grey across the wear areas, I searched high and low for another pair but couldn't find them in a 29, so went with the 30. And found that as Greg has said, if you don't stress the wist so much in the first place, it doesn't stretch out. I now far prefer the fit to the 29s.
TL;DR: Denim is a land of contrasts. Try what you can until you find a cut and a fabric that you like. No amount of scrutinizing measurements will tell you everything about how they actually fit.post #38169 of 392482/17/17 at 1:44pmpost #38170 of 392482/17/17 at 2:00pmpost #38171 of 392482/17/17 at 2:01pmpost #38172 of 392482/17/17 at 2:02pmpost #38173 of 392482/17/17 at 2:31pmpost #38174 of 392482/17/17 at 3:18pmQuote:
While Eidos preorders have more fabric options, Leder Winter coats seem like such a better value.
Both are beautiful for certain.
If I lived in colder climes I'd get the Eidos wide herringbone and the Leder Taupe.post #38175 of 392482/17/17 at 4:45pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 8 minutes ago
- › Brioni summer sportscoat US 46 EU 56 10 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...