or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2355

post #35311 of 36397
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

It's a really simple operation (asked inexpensive) to have someone local taper the leg. There's no need to go MTM for that. Bring it in to your alterations guy, have him pin the leg the way you envision it, and let him take it in.

i've had this done on several older suits and trousers and really any alterations tailor can handle.
post #35312 of 36397
Got my Eidos beige cords on Friday - still vacillating between 48s and 50s. I think the 50s are going back to the shop.

Unless someone intervenes...
post #35313 of 36397


Great jacket!

post #35314 of 36397
Looking forward to document...
post #35315 of 36397

:hide:

post #35316 of 36397

@cyc wid it your shearling time is NOW

post #35317 of 36397
Thread Starter 

'sup

 

 

post #35318 of 36397
Thread Starter 

post #35319 of 36397
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_fries View Post

i've had this done on several older suits and trousers and really any alterations tailor can handle.

It can be handled I'm sure, but I also have to take the waist down an entire size.
post #35320 of 36397
Big Q, also in view of lack of any meaningful experience, how would one size a cafe racer? Like a 2nd skin with maybe 2" between own and jacket's chest, or is that too close and 2" (then 4" extra all around) were better?
With an Oliver Spencer canvas bomber the latter is definitely better, with a cafe leather I have the gut feeling it's the former?
post #35321 of 36397

Damn... that Grose kansan  :drool:

post #35322 of 36397

I know it has been said before but damn the FW buy is truly OUT OF CONTROL this year. Holy hell.

 

Those James Grose jackets are something else...

post #35323 of 36397
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post




Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post

Tan suede double rider from one of our new makers


I'm trying to make a call on the sizing for the James Grose Manila. The measurements are a good reference, but I find fit pics to be a great reference as well. With that said, are Willy and Kyle wearing the Manila TTS ort sized-up in the photos above?

Great new items btw icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #35324 of 36397
I suspect the recommendation to size up is well-founded (and I sure hope so, since I heeded said advice). Just going by measurements would make it seem like TTS is the way to go, but that doesn't take into account the thickness of the leather.
post #35325 of 36397
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchthesky View Post



I'm trying to make a call on the sizing for the James Grose Manila. The measurements are a good reference, but I find fit pics to be a great reference as well. With that said, are Willy and Kyle wearing the Manila TTS ort sized-up in the photos above?

Great new items btw icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

 

@willy cheesesteak and I are wearing a size 36 in all of those photos, which is our usual size. It's very slim on both of us (we are both slim 36s) but definitely the right size. I'm 5'9", about 135lbs. Willy is taller than me and a bit skinnier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctone View Post

I suspect the recommendation to size up is well-founded (and I sure hope so, since I heeded said advice). Just going by measurements would make it seem like TTS is the way to go, but that doesn't take into account the thickness of the leather.

 

Sorry, my language on the item page is maybe a bit ambiguous - I meant to consider sizing up if you don't want a skin tight fit, not that it is necessary to size up on these the way it is for some of our other makers.

 

I think going TTS yields a better looking jacket when worn unzipped especially, although they will be quite constricting if you zip them up.

 

The exception to this is the cafe racer, which fits a little slimmer than the riders.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭