or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2323

post #34831 of 36538
Quote:
Originally Posted by IJReilly View Post

Norwegian Rain seems to have such an excellent product. I think I will order one from them for when I need to sit in the playground with my kids on rainy days.

Is it ok to shorten the sleeves? I remember Mackintosh advising against that. Also, does adding the arctic liner change the sizing in any way?

Excellent question. +1.
post #34832 of 36538
Everybody needs a tie like this.



http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/hand-printed-orange-50-oz-silk-tie-navy-small-neat-print.html

That dark orange color is great for navy SCs and suits.
post #34833 of 36538
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Everybody needs a tie like this.



http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/hand-printed-orange-50-oz-silk-tie-navy-small-neat-print.html

That dark orange color is great for navy SCs and suits.

Are your sources reliable on this?
post #34834 of 36538
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Are your sources reliable on this?

Well, at least I can say, if I didn't already have a couple of ties like that, I would get this one.
post #34835 of 36538
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Well, at least I can say, if I didn't already have a couple of ties like that, I would get this one.

Fair enough!
post #34836 of 36538
Here are a few pics of me in the Norwegian Rain DB in POW w/out liner. It's a bad ass jacket. It's a size M.

NR-4_zpsaxoloumh.jpg
NR-1_zpsfevxqkdb.jpg
NR-2_zpshp8ewywn.jpg
NR-3_zpse3kirzxh.jpg
Edited by teddieriley - 10/1/16 at 6:37pm
post #34837 of 36538
Thread Starter 

Yes, completely different cuts/fit for Moscow vs SB/DB.   SB/DB are cut slim and sharp, straight down,  Moscow is cut loose and relaxed, with a bit of an A shape.   The sizing though is incredibly consistent in our experience - until you start factoring in needs for layering and added liners, etc...

 

Worn like this, fit looks really good and sharp.   It will probably get really snug in the shoulders over a jacket.   

post #34838 of 36538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Excellent question. +1.
Interested also in whether the sleeves can be shortened. Are the sleeve cuffs taped?
post #34839 of 36538
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post


Interested also in whether the sleeves can be shortened. Are the sleeve cuffs taped?

 

Theoretically they could be shortened, but it looks like a PITA to me.  Would have to move the sleeves buttons and tabs up + also consider that shortening more than, say, 1.5" and you get dangerously close to the lining and tabs/snaps to attach the liner in

post #34840 of 36538
@teddieriley

Don't know man, it does look a bit tight but if you not going to wear SC it should be ok.

I just landed my dream job and have to wear suit/SC 4 days a week so got size L in NR SB that is on the way to me. Crossing my fingers it fits.

Overall, I think it looks really good on you.
post #34841 of 36538

Wah, I can't wait for my DB for the spring to come in now. 

post #34842 of 36538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post


I just landed my dream job

Congrats!
post #34843 of 36538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

@teddieriley

Don't know man, it does look a bit tight but if you not going to wear SC it should be ok.

I just landed my dream job and have to wear suit/SC 4 days a week so got size L in NR SB that is on the way to me. Crossing my fingers it fits.

Overall, I think it looks really good on you.


Out of curiosity, what size SC are you normally?

 

Did you get the liner?

post #34844 of 36538
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post


Out of curiosity, what size SC are you normally?

Did you get the liner?

I'm size 38R and yeah, got the liner as well.
post #34845 of 36538
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

 

Theoretically they could be shortened, but it looks like a PITA to me.  Would have to move the sleeves buttons and tabs up + also consider that shortening more than, say, 1.5" and you get dangerously close to the lining and tabs/snaps to attach the liner in


My experience is also that the with the liner in, the bulk tends to shorten the sleeves a bit versus liner-free.  My sleeves are too long wither way, but I live with it pretty easily just folding them over. the material is double sided pretty far up the sleeve, so it doesn't look off.  I think having longer sleeves is great when it gets really nasty out

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭