or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2319

post #34771 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Got the grey flannel Fox Bros. newsboy cap in. I ordered the 59cm and fit is great. Snug, but not tight. For sizing info, I'm typically a 7 3/8 for fitted hats and head measures pretty much exactly 59cm, so I'd say these fit TTS for the metric measurement.

Really wonderful hat too. I'd been on the lookout for a newsboy hat and the intersection of NMWA and Fox Flannel fit the bill perfectly.

Now I notice there are other colors... smile.gif

Picture!
post #34772 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Got the grey flannel Fox Bros. newsboy cap in. I ordered the 59cm and fit is great. Snug, but not tight. For sizing info, I'm typically a 7 3/8 for fitted hats and head measures pretty much exactly 59cm, so I'd say these fit TTS for the metric measurement.

Really wonderful hat too. I'd been on the lookout for a newsboy hat and the intersection of NMWA and Fox Flannel fit the bill perfectly.

Now I notice there are other colors... smile.gif

I ordered one in Forest herringbone!
post #34773 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeknal View Post

@NMWA and owners of the single breasted Norwegian Rain coat

How versatile do you find this coat in a more casual setting? Meaning mostly worn with jeans, chinos/cords and wool pants as i rarely wear suits. Also from the pictures the texture doesn't scream rain coat so I assume it wouldn't look out of place when it's not raining.

I'm looking to upgrade (basically starting from scratch) my outerwear in a "smart" way so I'm weighting all my options.


Last year I wore my NR SB as my primary winter coat. Jeans? Yes. Chinos/cords? Yes. Wool pants? Yes. Suits? Typically I wore a more formal topcoat, but if the weather was particularly wet (rain or snow), I was in the NR.

post #34774 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtorres94 View Post

Picture!

It will be done.
post #34775 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

fit the bill perfectly
Oh you...
post #34776 of 36396

Full fit pics from today

 

 

post #34777 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Oh you...

Shades the beak too, and protects the jug handles, and cetera and what not.

nod[1].gif
post #34778 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

^perfect

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post

Too many pictures already but I had to immediately save that to my phone. Nice!!!

@wigglr

 

Thank you both!

post #34779 of 36396
@wigglr

Do you have deets on the fabric for your SC? Did NMWA do this as a special preorde?
post #34780 of 36396
I think NMWA might've before I started using SF (@gdl203 could answer that). I just got it a week or two ago via Formosa MTO. It's a porter and Harding fabric from their glen royal book
post #34781 of 36396

It was presented as an option for preorder/GMTO but never got enough votes. I got it done by Steed MTM and received it about a month ago. It makes up really nicely. I won't be surprised if there's now enough GMTO interest. 

post #34782 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

It was presented as an option for preorder/GMTO but never got enough votes. I got it done by Steed MTM and received it about a month ago. It makes up really nicely. I won't be surprised if there's now enough GMTO interest. 

I'm so excited to see yours!
post #34783 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post


Last year I wore my NR SB as my primary winter coat. Jeans? Yes. Chinos/cords? Yes. Wool pants? Yes. Suits? Typically I wore a more formal topcoat, but if the weather was particularly wet (rain or snow), I was in the NR.

Thanks Patrick R...Just the information I was looking for.
post #34784 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

I think NMWA might've before I started using SF (@gdl203 could answer that). I just got it a week or two ago via Formosa MTO. It's a porter and Harding fabric from their glen royal book

Oh, I'd assumed it was this jacket: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/new-items/beige-brown-large-prince-of-wales-tweed-sport-coat-15-16-oz-wool.html
post #34785 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeknal View Post


Thanks Patrick R...Just the information I was looking for.

Ill jump in and agree, I just got the DB version and that is exactly how I intend to use it.  I would also add it is one of the more interesting/unique clothing products Ive seen in a long time that blends technical and tailoring about as perfectly as you can get.  Like Patagonia's city stuff and Arteryx Veilance only significantly better in form and function.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭