Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:18 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 11/29/16 at 3:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:35 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2307post #34591 of 363949/22/16 at 4:05ampost #34592 of 363949/22/16 at 5:31amThread Starterpost #34593 of 363949/22/16 at 5:35amThread StarterQuote:I wish the EU/US trade relations weren't dramatically tilted in favor of EU exporters (VAT deduction, duties franchise in the US vs duties + extra VAT when bringing into the EU) so this would be more of a playing field for international orders.
I'm not sure I really understand why the US agree to such punitive conditions for US exporters - but I guess this is some sort of tit for tat thing in the grand scheme of global relations.post #34594 of 363949/22/16 at 5:47amI had 15ml of an artisinal perfume sent from the US to Germany, cost about $50. They added customs, VAT AND handling cost, plus it had to be picked up at the customs office in person together with the invoice as proof. Final landing cost north of $100, logistic efforts not included yet. What a ridiculous idiotic nightmare!
So glad not to live in the EU from that perspective.
PS: Quick note to NMWA gents @conceptual 4est, small hiccup on my part using the wrong shipping address. Sent email already for any open stuff like the NR SB coat.post #34595 of 363949/22/16 at 6:04amQuote:
I am not so sure that is really the case. You are competing with EU prices which always include VAT + local overheads, which are also not cheap. Thats why we are paying 759 Euro for a 649 Dollar iphone.
Of course, Italian stuff is relatively cheap locally, but once you are going through one of the larger chains (online or not), there is a considerable markup as well.
So I definitely see a chance to enter the European market, but you would need to somehow automate the paperwork, or preferably have a European distribution center, at least avoiding re-import of the Italian stuff.post #34596 of 363949/22/16 at 6:10amThread StarterIt is absolutely the case but this is not the place to demonstrate it. EU stores selling to the US customer have a disproportionate (actually an unfair) advantage over even US stores selling the same product to US customers. The VAT deduction from a MSRP that is harmonized around the world + dramatically imbalanced treatment of duties for individual purchases from abroad = EU customers are being hammered for buying overseas while US customers are financially incentivized to do so.
We are always happy to ship overseas but it's always going to be a difficult proposition in this trade situation.post #34597 of 363949/22/16 at 6:23amQuote:
For me, the hassle with customs & VAT and returns is the primary reason to rarely buy overseas. Question is whether you could come up with an all-duties-paid-and-quick-returns model. I'd buy more. But such a model might actually be too expensive unless you reach a high volume.post #34598 of 363949/22/16 at 7:24amThread StarterQuote:
I'm OK with 52 with just a sweater on like that, but I would need to size up to 54 (my normal Eidos suit size) if I wanted more room, let's say for a jacket underneath.
It's just a little closer fitting than previous incarnations, but certainly not a full size smaller.post #34599 of 363949/22/16 at 7:40ampost #34600 of 363949/22/16 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by zr3rs
For me, the hassle with customs & VAT and returns is the primary reason to rarely buy overseas. Question is whether you could come up with an all-duties-paid-and-quick-returns model. I'd buy more. But such a model might actually be too expensive unless you reach a high volume.
this is the reason i don't ship to the EU from US - more than the cost, it's the totally unpredictable experience. In on instance all went well - package delivered and duty paid to the postman upon delivery based on declared value, but other times i've found myself on expeditions to customs centres in the suburbs manned by kafkaesque bureaucrats that would put american motor vehicles department employees to shame.
i am lucky in that i still have access to a US address and credit card, but these days am only there about once a year. i ordered a couple things (including from NMWA) that I won't see till end December, which is the downside, but at least no hassle.
if NMWA had an EU distribution..post #34601 of 363949/22/16 at 1:56pmpost #34602 of 363949/22/16 at 2:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
Want to look (almost) as cool as this cat?
We've got you covered now
FYI got my fox bros newsboy cap and wanted to share some hopefully useful info
i got size 60 which the tag also labels as 7 3/8s which is my New Era baseball cap size
size 59 is 7 1/4
size 58 is 7 1/8
i assume size 57 is 7 evenpost #34603 of 363949/22/16 at 2:17pmQuote:
That's good to know. I have one on my wish list and I was going to go with 59 based on other hats, but I was assuming that equated to 7 3/8.
Which color did you get?post #34604 of 363949/22/16 at 2:19pmpost #34605 of 363949/22/16 at 2:23pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 5 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones - Seymour Double Monk Handgrade 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway