or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2244

post #33646 of 36522
Hi All - a few things.

1. Both the ghurka shorts and the drawstring shorts have a wide waist and are meant to be cinched down so theres is flexibility in sizing for both styles. That said, I wuld say that if you are a 48 in our sal trousers than you should order a 32, etc.

2. The seersucker fabric on the shorts is from Solbiati, not Japan.

3. The Japanese nailhead weathercloth fabric (from Shuttlenotes) uses natural indigo yarn but is water repellant and is truly spectacular. One of the most interesting fabrics I've seen in a long time.

4. The brown field jacket fabric is a textured melange solid, not a check AT ALL. The pattern you are seeing is in the structure of the weave, which is almost like a woven version of thermal/waffle knit fabric.
post #33647 of 36522
Norwegian Rain! wow.gif You guys didn't mention that....confused.gif

Greg - what size Geneve are you wearing in the picture (the one you say is a size too small): L?
post #33648 of 36522
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post

Thinner in burgundy. Color is beautiful. Thanks for pulling this together, Kyle and Greg


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

This is really great. Color really does look beautiful and it's a nice fit for you.
post #33649 of 36522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

Norwegian Rain! wow.gif You guys didn't mention that....confused.gif

Greg - what size Geneve are you wearing in the picture (the one you say is a size too small): L?

 

I was wearing the Medium sample.    I would need a Large

post #33650 of 36522
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I was wearing the Medium sample.    I would need a Large

Thnx - I think a Medium might be good for me smile.gif
post #33651 of 36522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post


Thnx - I think a Medium might be good for me smile.gif

 

Yep!

post #33652 of 36522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post

Hi All - a few things.

1. Both the ghurka shorts and the drawstring shorts have a wide waist and are meant to be cinched down so theres is flexibility in sizing for both styles. That said, I wuld say that if you are a 48 in our sal trousers than you should order a 32, etc.

2. The seersucker fabric on the shorts is from Solbiati, not Japan.

3. The Japanese nailhead weathercloth fabric (from Shuttlenotes) uses natural indigo yarn but is water repellant and is truly spectacular. One of the most interesting fabrics I've seen in a long time.

4. The brown field jacket fabric is a textured melange solid, not a check AT ALL. The pattern you are seeing is in the structure of the weave, which is almost like a woven version of thermal/waffle knit fabric.

 

Thanks.  That's what I thought on the waffle textured fabric but something in the description made me doubt... Glad we could clarify. 

 

Both that fabric and the linen/silk one from the brown suit and dinner jacket, have a hand that's incredibly unique.   Almost like madder silk... 

post #33653 of 36522

that navy technical grosgrain FJ is going to be so difficult to resist. I just have SO much outerwear....

post #33654 of 36522
Thread Starter 

That will be killer.   Sell the stuff you don't love as much and get something you really love!  (I need to set up a partnership with @SpooPoker for some sort of trade-in program... )

post #33655 of 36522

I am considering the field jacket on either the blue donegal or navy technical. I really like the blue donegal but think the navy one would be more versatile.

post #33656 of 36522
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc2162 View Post
 

I am considering the field jacket on either the blue donegal or navy technical. I really like the blue donegal but think the navy one would be more versatile.

I'm also very tempted by the navy technical. I was set on the NR bumfreezer in denim but this looks to be more versatile while also being technical.  Plus, it never rains in Southern California, or so the song goes.

post #33657 of 36522
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc2162 View Post

I am considering the field jacket on either the blue donegal or navy technical. I really like the blue donegal but think the navy one would be more versatile.
+1 for blue donegal. I think it would be an extremely simple and versatile piece considering the color, but the donegal adds a unique touch to it.
post #33658 of 36522
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinabox View Post
 

I'm also very tempted by the navy technical. I was set on the NR bumfreezer in denim but this looks to be more versatile while also being technical.  Plus, it never rains in Southern California, or so the song goes.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post


+1 for blue donegal. I think it would be an extremely simple and versatile piece considering the color, but the donegal adds a unique touch to it.

 

haha, you guys aren't helping for me to make the decision...

post #33659 of 36522
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc2162 View Post



haha, you guys aren't helping for me to make the decision...

Decision? Buy both smile.gif.
post #33660 of 36522
totally agree. I have a navy FJ coming in from one of the previous preorders, otherwise I'd be all over that..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

that navy technical grosgrain FJ is going to be so difficult to resist. I just have SO much outerwear....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭