Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:04 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 1:15pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 10/21/16 at 10:56am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2232post #33466 of 354647/3/16 at 10:31pmpost #33467 of 354647/4/16 at 7:08pmpost #33468 of 354647/4/16 at 7:44pmpost #33469 of 354647/5/16 at 2:59pm
Rivet chinos from Epaulet.
Speaking of pants, what are people's experiences with the Big John Slim Tapered Faux slub? Did you go TTS. Do they stretch? Do they bleed onto your shoes?post #33470 of 354647/5/16 at 3:56pmpost #33471 of 354647/5/16 at 4:12pmpost #33472 of 354647/5/16 at 5:06pm
DESPERATELY SEEKING SERPENTINES
We're back from Paris, and with that comes lots of photos and notes from our time at the wonderful Stephan Schneider showroom, and of course pre-orders
Spring Summer 2017 is titled Desperately Seeking Serpentines, and it took it's inspiration from the kind of bittersweet, joyful melancholy that comes from looking back on the sad love songs from our teenage years. Lyrics from sad love songs of various ages were printed on "serpentines" a type of streamer typically reserved for New Years and other joyous occasions. It was this dichotomy that Stephan wanted to look at, and it comes through with a mixture of subdued colors that continue the deep greens from FW2016, sprinkled with the more traditional bright colors of the serpentine streamers.
I don't have any official lookbook photos yet, but I'll try to provide them as soon as I can for guidance and reference.
These pre-orders are a chance to get something in an uncommon fabric that may otherwise not get ordered, or in an uncommon size that may not get ordered. With the PREORDER code, it's also a chance to get a sale price on Schneider at the very beginning of the season instead of the end.
The fine print:
- Because of the special nature of these, all pre-orders are to be considered final sale.
- The item pages that are up are for a 50% deposit to secure the item, with 50% due again in early spring 2017 when we receive the items.
- Don't forget to use code PREORDER for 20% off now, and later!
- Be sure to read the item descriptions - not all photos represent the item that will be ordered, and occasionally may just show the item style, with separate photos to indicate the fabric available.
- We really need to get this order over to Belgium, so pre-orders will close at the end of the week: EOD Friday, July 8th. Don't sleep on these!
Wonder trousers: These are a shape we've seen before from Stephan, most recently this spring/summer in a style called the "Hammer". It's a good shape, with a semi-elastic waist and nice taper down the whole leg. We're offering them in four fabrics for pre-order: an 80/20 cotton/linen in both navy blue and beige (this is the closest to this season's "agate" slubby cotton/linen fabric that sold out near instantly), the signature dark green color of the season in a cotton/nylon with a great super-lightweight hand to it, and a medium weight textured cotton/nylon in a large grey and beige check (look for this fabric again!)
Elusion jacket: this is a super lighweight cotton bomber, partially lined and finished with nice hardware and details like the self-fabric collar. The beige one has contrasting trim on the inside, with the dark green having a dark charcoal (maybe black?) solid lining. Both wear very light, with the lining only in the upper back and zipper area.
Joy jacket: we went back and forth about bringing back Stephan's signature integrated hood, 1 1/2 breasted style, but decided this iteration was too perfect to skip it. Remember when I said to take note of that textured grey and beige large check fabric? We're using it again here, with a matching camel color shirting fabric lining. Butter.
Sentiment shirt: This is something a little different, but a lot more subtle than you'd think. It's got a lot going on but it comes together nicely, so bear with me here: kimono style sleeves, with poplin front and (tonal, this is key!) jersey back to be cool wearing, and an asymmetrical front closure that looks just right when worn a little bit unbuttoned. Available in tonal green on green and navy on navy.
Integrity shirt-jacket: This is a hard one to pin down, as it's a bit of a chameleon depending on fabric choice and how you wear it. It's a completely unstructured shirt jacket, with patch pockets and a collar that can be worn up, down as a regular collar, or down with lapels. Made up in that 80/20 cotton/linen, it has a bit of a refined chore coat vibe for the guys into that, but we're also offering it in this incredible 100% slubby silk "donegal", if you can call it that (I will for convenience). Be sure to take a look at those close-ups.
I think that about covers all of it, but please ask away if you have any questions or concerns, and I'll update this thread as soon as I have any more materials.
Edited by conceptual 4est - 7/5/16 at 5:36pmpost #33473 of 354647/5/16 at 5:36pmpost #33474 of 354647/5/16 at 5:37pmpost #33475 of 354647/5/16 at 6:40pmpost #33476 of 354647/5/16 at 6:47pmpost #33477 of 354647/5/16 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #33478 of 354647/5/16 at 7:15pmpost #33479 of 354647/5/16 at 8:30pmpost #33480 of 354647/5/16 at 11:05pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 16 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 40 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sleeve shortening with button holes 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 9 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...