or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2218

post #33256 of 36396
Can anyone comment on how the current crop of Document trousers fit compared to the broken twill ones?
post #33257 of 36396

 

Received my Frank Clegg Aiden Duffle in the mail yesterday. Photo's a little washed out due to the late afternoon sun. It was very tempting at full price, but with the current 20% off sale, it was hard to say no! As always shipping was extremely quick, and the time from order to reception of the package was a day. Stitching's really consistent and clean, and the leather feels fantastic. I'm extremely excited to start putting it through its paces!

post #33258 of 36396
lurker[1].giflurker[1].gif
post #33259 of 36396

"Shh"

post #33260 of 36396

not sure it could have been made any clear last time around 

post #33261 of 36396

For the guys who have the Frank Clegg "Signature" duffel, how much are you fitting in there?  Not to get into semantics, but I'm wondering if it's a true "weekender?" From the pictures it seems more like an overnight bag.  The mention of "gym bag" (I want to be friends with people who take a Frank Clegg to the gym...) makes me think it's not something you'd bring as your only bag for a weekend trip. 

post #33262 of 36396
Thread Starter 

I guess it depends what the weekend is and how many outfit changes you're planning, but I'd say that I could definitely fit what I need for a weekend in this bag

post #33263 of 36396

Greg, any chance you'll be picking up one of Clegg's tote bags?

post #33264 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post

For the guys who have the Frank Clegg "Signature" duffel, how much are you fitting in there?  Not to get into semantics, but I'm wondering if it's a true "weekender?" From the pictures it seems more like an overnight bag.  The mention of "gym bag" (I want to be friends with people who take a Frank Clegg to the gym...) makes me think it's not something you'd bring as your only bag for a weekend trip. 

I have the duffel, and it's *way* bigger than a gym bag. I bought it for airline carryon and frankly (sorry, couldn't resist), it's perfect for that. Weekend trip easy, unless you are packing way too much. I mean, you're not going to squish a suit into it, but a couple pairs of pants, several shirts, toiletries and lots of room to spare.

This photo is pretty accurate as to a size comparison to a human:



Oh, and it comes with a beautiful shoulder strap too. Holds a ton, and being soft sided it's way more flexible than typical 'samsonite' rectangle bags that everyone else has. Don't be that slumpy dude!

When you check in, you are guaranteed to get compliments. So, if you're shy about stuff like that, you may want to avoid. If you don't mind unsolicited flirting, I'd say go for it. This bag just screams good taste.
post #33265 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypants View Post

I have the duffel, and it's *way* bigger than a gym bag. I bought it for airline carryon and frankly (sorry, couldn't resist), it's perfect for that. Weekend trip easy, unless you are packing way too much. I mean, you're not going to squish a suit into it, but a couple pairs of pants, several shirts, toiletries and lots of room to spare.

This doesn't look like something I'd want to have to cram into an overhead bin, or have other folks trying to push or pull to get their crap in or out.
post #33266 of 36396

@gdl203 @conceptual 4est Can one of you throw on the Drapers wool/silk/linen Formosa and take a couple of pictures? I'm curious what it looks like in other light. (Or if someone in the thread has photos to post ...) Thanks!

post #33267 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

@gdl203
 @conceptual 4est
 Can one of you throw on the Drapers wool/silk/linen Formosa and take a couple of pictures?

According to what I'm reading in the "making you happy" thread today there should probably be a fee for that.
post #33268 of 36396

^ Alright, you made me look. I'm pretty sure Greg could monetize a livestream of NMWA HQ, with an upgrade to watch the lunch deliveries.

post #33269 of 36396

Greg has to be commenting on what he's doing though, it can't just be us creepily watching a silent feed.

post #33270 of 36396
Thread Starter 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭