Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/11/17 at 7:01am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2184post #32746 of 391255/4/16 at 6:04pmpost #32747 of 391255/4/16 at 6:29pmpost #32748 of 391255/4/16 at 6:31pmpost #32749 of 391255/4/16 at 6:37pmpost #32750 of 391255/4/16 at 7:02pmpost #32751 of 391255/4/16 at 7:06pmpost #32752 of 391255/4/16 at 8:46pmQuote:
It's hard to describe how awesome the hemp/silk quality from Tallia Delfino is without wearing it for an afternoon. Its a gusty cloth that drapes beautifully and folds in the wear spots (as opposed to wrinkling), yet its open weave allows it to breath really nicely.post #32753 of 391255/4/16 at 9:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by tee84
Mine has wrinkled a bit. Not in an unpleasing way. However, I really would not say that it has a crunchy feel. It's pretty soft actually. It does have a bit of a sheen, though even after wearing mine a few times the sheen is starting to settle into being more subtle (out of the box it was a bit more shiny than I would have liked).Quote:Originally Posted by soaped
My experience mirrors @tee84's.
Slight sheen, wrinkles but has a soft hand. My elbows were stuck somewhere around 90 degrees for at least 5 hours today and that was the result. Wears a little warmer than I am used to but probably due to its 11 oz of awesome. Unless you already have something similar in texture like a raw silk blazer, I don't think you will be disappointed.
Close up -Quote:
Thanks a lot, guys.post #32754 of 391255/4/16 at 10:29pmpost #32755 of 391255/5/16 at 1:10amQuote:Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox
I have the 'chunky' beige hemp/wool Eidos jacket from last year. I love the texture but the loose, coarse weave puts it on the casual end of the spectrum (even for a SC). It wears about the same temperature as my other 11oz jacket (the Formosa navy Birdseye), despite being an open weave.
Murl, didn't I wear my hemp-wool Eidos around you last time?
It rumples, not wrinkles. Definitely wears warmer than you'd think. Super casual but a unique piece if you need a gap to fill. I take it on most trips like Greg does with his blue linen herringbone summer jacket.post #32756 of 391255/5/16 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by sacafotos
Murl, didn't I wear my hemp-wool Eidos around you last time?
It rumples, not wrinkles. Definitely wears warmer than you'd think. Super casual but a unique piece if you need a gap to fill. I take it on most trips like Greg does with his blue linen herringbone summer jacket.
I don't remember. Thanks for the info....sounds like good stuff.post #32757 of 391255/5/16 at 6:50amThread StarterLAST DAY FOR THESE PRE-ORDERSQuote:Originally Posted by conceptual 4est
QUILT WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD
As we've been buzzing about it in this thread for a few days now, we're more than excited to announce a special re-issue of the ts(s) FW 2014 quilted two button jacket. Originally offered in two colors - a dusty blue and a dusty burgundy, designer Takuji Suzuki is working with us and prepared a special set of swatches for this re-issue. They have the same material composition and have the same hand, so if you've handled the originals you know what to expect. Despite being a cotton/poly, it's brushed slightly and has a hand more along the lines of a wool.
This pre-order is limited in quantity and is for a September, 2016 delivery. As with our usual pre-order stuff, there is extra incentive in the form of a 15% pre-order discount (PREORDER15) and paying half now, half later.
I'll try to get a few more photos of these being worn up soon, but if you have any of your own - please post them!
Option 3: Charcoal grey herringbone (with comparison to light grey)
I think that about covers it, but please let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer them as well as update this post with the most relevant information.
A link to all three options is here.post #32758 of 391255/5/16 at 6:54amThread Starterpost #32759 of 391255/5/16 at 7:08am
And a little more focus on the colors offered, with some close-ups that I didn't post earlier and photoshops for the general vibe of each color. Thank you for the light grey one @soaped!
Quote:Originally Posted by soaped
For @gdl203, anything.post #32760 of 391255/5/16 at 7:09am
That looks really cool. Unfortunately the shoulder and chest measurements are too small for me even on the largest size. I run into this problem frequently though, and I understand why stores don't stock larger sizes. They would probably lose money doing so. I think I saw a comment similar to this regarding larger Eidos sizes? Those were too slim in the body, for me too though. Once again, I'm tricky to size. I haven't been able to be here much lately, for various reasons, so I could be mistaken.
Killer price on this and not to be slept on, but perhaps comfortable enough to be slept in once purchased? Only you can decide.
Another big thank you to the NMWA crew for having such good measurements available ahead of time!
Edit to add: I really like looking at fabric swatches. Kind of comes with having to buy stuff MTM, I think.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 11 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 14 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 17 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 24 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 26 minutes ago
- › ATTN ADMINS / MODS -- FORUM FEATURE NOT WORKING 39 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...