or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2155

post #32311 of 36535
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

That could be nice. If we get a few more people interested, I can look for suitable fabric options.

That Fox flannel herringbone I mentioned might be close enough to oatmeal to warrant some consideration
post #32312 of 36535
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

That Fox flannel herringbone I mentioned might be close enough to oatmeal to warrant some consideration
If that's the one I'm thinking of, it is much greyer and a bit darker than the one referenced here. It's also only 9 oz
post #32313 of 36535
man no 38s in polos frown.gif

@gdl203 i assume people should take their normal inglese size or do you size up to account for shrinkage?
post #32314 of 36535
Thread Starter 
I'd recommend your normal size. But going up one wouldn't be the end of the world IMO
post #32315 of 36535
So glad I got in on this preorder. Love the polo! Guess I should have steamed out the wrinkles a bit better.

post #32316 of 36535
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

If that's the one I'm thinking of, it is much greyer and a bit darker than the one referenced here. It's also only 9 oz

Hmm that's too bad, esp about the weight. Wasn't there also a nice beige herringbone Cantarelli from a few seasons back? Perhaps there are pics in the archive that could provide some inspiration.
post #32317 of 36535

Might be worth taking a look at the fabric that Simon used in that post ("Loro Piana 499019 from the cashmere jacketings bunch. It is 320 grams (11 ounces) and 85% cashmere, 15% Super-170s wool"). I'm a fan of that subtle texture, but I know it's not for everyone. I think they also have a herringbone version in the same bunch, though I think it's a smaller scale pattern, if I remember correctly.

post #32318 of 36535
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee84 View Post
 

Might be worth taking a look at the fabric that Simon used in that post ("Loro Piana 499019 from the cashmere jacketings bunch. It is 320 grams (11 ounces) and 85% cashmere, 15% Super-170s wool"). I'm a fan of that subtle texture, but I know it's not for everyone. I think they also have a herringbone version in the same bunch, though I think it's a smaller scale pattern, if I remember correctly.

 

That would be very $$$ though.  I'm sure we can find alternatives in wool/angora or wool/cash mixes that come without the premium pricing of the LP tag

post #32319 of 36535
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

 

That would be very $$$ though.  I'm sure we can find alternatives in wool/angora or wool/cash mixes that come without the premium pricing of the LP tag

 

Ah, good point. I hadn't factored in the crazy LP markup.

post #32320 of 36535
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

If that's the one I'm thinking of, it is much greyer and a bit darker than the one referenced here. It's also only 9 oz

Hmm that's too bad, esp about the weight. Wasn't there also a nice beige herringbone Cantarelli from a few seasons back? Perhaps there are pics in the archive that could provide some inspiration.


There was:

 

post #32321 of 36535
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee84 View Post
 

 

Ah, good point. I hadn't factored in the crazy LP markup.


85% cashmere + LP name brand would be so expensive. Beautiful, but expensive.

post #32322 of 36535
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

That would be very $$$ though.  I'm sure we can find alternatives in wool/angora or wool/cash mixes that come without the premium pricing of the LP tag

The hemp/silk/cashmere you did a while back was similar in tone, wasn't it?
post #32323 of 36535
That's the one I linked.
post #32324 of 36535
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

That's the one I linked.

Yeah, I liked that one. Maybe that can be worn more casually than the glenplaid.

But I thought we were talking about oatmeal flannel (fall/winter).

All sexy fabrics!
post #32325 of 36535

DWW had an oatmeal "summer tweed" he was having a custom run of. pretty sexy. Not cashmere, but has texture for days. You could have formosa do that.

 

LL 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭