or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2143

post #32131 of 36520

Gents, a question about the Camoshita suits: what's the general cut like on them?  Full, slim, super slim?  Is the general pattern cut with Japanese men in mind?  

 

I ask because I'm liking the NMWA offerings but I'm extremely wary of Japanese labels - I find they're usually cut for, obviously, Japanese bodies and I can never get a good fit on them.  I recently had to let go of a Japanese label suit for just this reason...the jacket was somewhat small but within range, but the pants were like leggings on me.

 

I dig the look of the Camoshitas but don't want to make another sizing mistake - suits aren't cheap.

post #32132 of 36520
Hell all my pants have button fly you get use to it.
post #32133 of 36520
Let's throw some gasoline on the current fire, and reopen an old wound devil.gif

Sartoria Formosa trousers (part of a DB suit) - button fly, flannel, NO cuffs!

Sartoria Formosa trousers - no cuffs, flannel, button fly
post #32134 of 36520
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs77 View Post

No, I think people actually are just having jokes about all that.
I'm not so sure, people seem very passionate about being able to pee quickly
post #32135 of 36520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff View Post
 

Gents, a question about the Camoshita suits: what's the general cut like on them?  Full, slim, super slim?  Is the general pattern cut with Japanese men in mind?  

 

I ask because I'm liking the NMWA offerings but I'm extremely wary of Japanese labels - I find they're usually cut for, obviously, Japanese bodies and I can never get a good fit on them.  I recently had to let go of a Japanese label suit for just this reason...the jacket was somewhat small but within range, but the pants were like leggings on me.

 

I dig the look of the Camoshitas but don't want to make another sizing mistake - suits aren't cheap.


Jackets are too short for Americans although proper length for short Japanese. Camoshita refuses to make longs, which would be regulars, for Americans.

 

With exception of NMWA's last F/W suits which were sized for Americans, the current summer offers are back to shorts.

post #32136 of 36520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post

Let's throw some gasoline on the current fire, and reopen an old wound devil.gif

Sartoria Formosa trousers (part of a DB suit) - button fly, flannel, NO cuffs!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sartoria Formosa trousers - no cuffs, flannel, button fly

Well and then you've got all those extra buttons on the DB jacket. How long does it take to get that thing on and off?!?! smile.gif
post #32137 of 36520
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Well and then you've got all those extra buttons on the DB jacket. How long does it take to get that thing on and off?!?! smile.gif

All on - about a minute.

All off - About 3 seconds (with help from my wife...)
post #32138 of 36520

Sounds like some people here would jump at a Depends x NMWA collab.

post #32139 of 36520
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMstyle View Post
 


Jackets are too short for Americans although proper length for short Japanese. Camoshita refuses to make longs, which would be regulars, for Americans.

 

With exception of NMWA's last F/W suits which were sized for Americans, the current summer offers are back to shorts.

 

Thanks much, exactly the kind of advice I was looking for.

post #32140 of 36520
Thread Starter 
Camoshita length is generally fine for most people who wear regular. They're just too short for taller guys and they refuse to produce longs.

You guys are killing me with the pents fly discussion ffffuuuu.gif
post #32141 of 36520

 

sand linen popover!!

post #32142 of 36520
^^^love the color & popover GI?
post #32143 of 36520
Looks good Sood but I think it will look even better after a wash and with one less button buttoned.

Greg curious if those hats are going up today?
post #32144 of 36520
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 View Post

Looks good Sood but I think it will look even better after a wash and with one less button buttoned.

Greg curious if those hats are going up today?

 

Probably Monday

post #32145 of 36520
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post


You guys are killing me with the pents fly discussion ffffuuuu.gif

Haha. Well, this is StyFo! Where the neurosis about men's clothing never ends...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭