Thanks guys, I'm persuaded. Shirtsleeve shoulders + flap hip pockets sounds like the way to go.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:42 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 10:56 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2116post #31727 of 354524/6/16 at 11:37ampost #31728 of 354524/6/16 at 12:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by parkman24
Lastly, I have a Sartoria Formosa jacket in 36R - the Navy mohair & wool blazer 10/11oz. Will the Drapers sport coat be very smilar in fit as this one? I went to my tailor today and he said that the shoulder is a good fit, but the waist is a tad bit tight - he recommends to let it out a bit. There is nothing wrong with this procedure, yes? I really like the jacket but I don't want the jeopordize the jacket! He is a skilled tailor... haven't messed up on any request yet... knock on wood
Only potential issue with letting out the waist is that you might see where the earlier stitches were. This depends mostly on the fabric, not the tailor. For instance, velvet will usually show alterations. But with this one it should be fine. And if it's not, it's an easily reversible alteration.post #31729 of 354524/6/16 at 12:15pmThread Starterpost #31730 of 354524/6/16 at 12:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
I think that the spalla camicia works fine but I don't know how I feel about patches on that cloth. And this is coming from someone who likes patches on suits. I just find patches on suit to work better on solid or quasi solid fabrics (grey flannel, navy flannel, grey fresco...).
With the cashmere content it probably wears more like 11/12 oz, but for true winter temperatures, you would definitely need an overcoat on top.
It is quite dark of a color in person. It is gorgeous - I looked through a lot of swatches before picking this particular green. It is not as earthy as one would think when talking about "forest green", although those color names are rather subjective.
The fit should be similar to the navy/mohair jacket, although I think that this particular series was made a slight bit narrower in the chest and waist than the normal measurements.
Nothing wrong with letting out the waist, it's one of the easiest and most benign alterations on a jacket.
@gdl203 - So just to clarify, this preorder will be a bit more roomier in the chest and waist compared to the hopsack blazer? Also, sticking with the same size of 46R would be the best course of action for me? Thanks again for all the help!post #31731 of 354524/6/16 at 1:11pmThread Starter
In theory, if made up exactly per the "normal" measurements, it could be a slight bit roomier than the one you have as we've seen that blazer be 1-2 cm smaller than typical measurements. That said, it's impossible to predict exactly what variance each piece is going to get from the "normal" measurements. I would stick with the same size, unless your tailor recommends sizing up based on how he saw it on you.post #31732 of 354524/6/16 at 2:06pmpost #31733 of 354524/6/16 at 3:07pmpost #31734 of 354524/6/16 at 4:20pmpost #31735 of 354524/6/16 at 4:26pmThread StarterQuote:
Minnis 0656 should be here next week. Fox oatmeal 3-4 weeks after that.
It's a great shirt. I feel on vacation just looking at itpost #31736 of 354524/6/16 at 4:28pmQuote:The best part is that whenever I get one of those emails, the fact that it's only for 50% of the price makes me feel like I'm getting an even better bargain than I am. And even better, I get to double down on that feeling on the delivery end of the process!
Edited by lawyerdad - 4/6/16 at 4:48pmpost #31737 of 354524/6/16 at 4:32pmpost #31738 of 354524/6/16 at 4:42pmQuote:
There truly is no better feeling!
Cant wait to have it!post #31739 of 354524/6/16 at 4:50pmThread Starterpost #31740 of 354524/6/16 at 4:59pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The Home Ownership Thread 1 minute ago
- › Vtg. 1970s ADIDAS Sneakers 9.5 Spezial 2 minutes ago
- › Requesting Blazer Fit Feedback 3 minutes ago
- › Vtg, LOUIS VUITTONS Shaving Dopp Kit 4 minutes ago
- › Suit advice & where to look 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › *SALE* Slim 40R NWT MONCLER NWT FILSON VEST 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 8 minutes ago
- › NWT High End Pants: Zegna Trofeo Navy and Abla Light Gray 34" 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...