or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2113

post #31681 of 36410
Thread Starter 

F/W'16 SARTORIA FORMOSA PRE-ORDERS

 

Now that it's finally getting warmer, it's time to talk about fall/winter suits and open up to pre-orders.

 

If you want to make sure your size is there for you (are you a 48L, a 58R?) or if you need larger or smaller trousers than standard, this is your chance!

 

 

 

SUITS

 

 

 

Drapers blue flannel suit - 11 oz

  • Full canvas construction with shirt-sleeve shoulder (spalla manica a camicia) for versatility as a blazer
  • Blue mottled flannel cloth from Drapers Lady San Felice range, 11 oz weight
  • Fully lined; patch hip pockets; barchetta chest pocket; brown horn buttons
  • Flat front trousers with curtained waistband, buttoned fly & extended closure

 

 

 

more (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Minnis classic Prince-of-Wales flannel suit - 12 oz 

  • Natural shoulder (spalla cadente morbida)
  • Classic grey Prince-of-Wales flannel cloth from Minnis Flannels range, 12 oz weight
  • Fully lined; flap hip pockets; barchetta chest pocket; dark brown horn buttons
  • Flat front trousers with curtained waistband, buttoned fly & extended closure

 

 

 

mowr (Click to show)

 

 

 

H. Lesser mid-grey birdseye suit - 13 oz

  • Full canvas construction with shirt-sleeve shoulder (spalla manica a camicia)
  • Grey & charcoal birdseye worsted cloth from the H. Lesser 13 oz suiting range
  • Fully lined; flap hip pockets; barchetta chest pocket; grey horn buttons
  • Flat front trousers with curtained waistband, buttoned fly & extended closure

 

moar (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Minnis houndstooth (0656) flannel suit -  10/11 oz

  • Full canvas construction with natural shoulder (spalla cadente morbida); fully lined
  • Special and Exclusive Re-Edition of Minnis mini-houndstooth flannel (0656), 12oz
  • Flat front trousers with curtained waistband, buttoned fly & extended closure

 

 

mawr (Click to show)

 

Example:

 

 

 

 

SPORT COATS

 

 

 

 

Beige & brown large Prince-of-Wales tweed sport coat - 15/16 oz

  • Shirt sleeve shoulder construction (spalla manica a camicia); 
  • Fox Brothers cloth, 15/16 oz weight 
  • Fully lined; patch hip pockets; barchetta chest pocket; double-stitching throughout; brown horn buttons

 

moor (Click to show)

 

 

Abraham Moon blue tweed blazer - 13 oz

  • Shirt sleeve shoulder construction (spalla manica a camicia); 
  • Blue tweed cloth, 100% wool from Abraham Moon, 13 oz weight (that's the darker blue swatch in the middle on the pics)
  • Fully lined; patch hip pockets; barchetta chest pocket; double-stitching throughout; brown horn buttons

 

moor (Click to show)

 

 

Abraham Moon gunclub tweed sport coat - 13 oz

  • Shirt sleeve shoulder construction (spalla manica a camicia); 
  • Classic gunclub tweed cloth, 100% wool from Abraham Moon, 13 oz weight 
  • Fully lined; patch hip pockets; barchetta chest pocket; double-stitching throughout; brown horn buttons

 

moor (Click to show)

 

 

 

Drapers dark emerald green wool/cashmere herringbone sport coat - 9/10 oz

  • Shirt sleeve shoulder construction (spalla manica a camicia); 
  • Dark emerald green wool/cashmere herringbone cloth from Drapers, 9/10 oz weight 
  • Fully lined; patch hip pockets; barchetta chest pocket; double-stitching throughout; brown horn buttons

 

moor (Click to show)

 


 

 

 

 

Sizing guidance

As a general rule, we caution anyone who has not had the chance to try on the Sartoria Formosa cut and size it properly, against ordering anything made to order.   That said, if you want to go ahead and are not sure of your size, here is some general guidance & measurements (there will ALWAYS be some variation).   In addition, we strongly suggest to engage in a sizing discussion here or in the No Man affiliate thread with other Formosa customers, as you will surely be able to get good feedback from others with a similar build

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pre-Order Pricing

 

 

We are offering a special price for pre-orders, through a 15% coupon (works only on these pre-orders) : enter PREORDER15 at checkout.

 

Note that the prices paid here for pre-orders are 50% of the total price.  The balance is due when the garment is ready to ship.

 

 

Pre-Order Window

 

Pre-orders are open for one week only until April 12th.  After that, we will send the group order to Sartoria Formosa so that they can start procuring fabric and cutting.   

 

 

Delivery Window

 

The garments are expected to be finished and delivered to us throughout the months of September & October.  We will endeavor to provide timing update as the production process advances.

 
post #31682 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Couple of Inglese shirts, couple of Merz, some Heschung  and first Document shipment.   Eidos by end of next week
Do you know what fabrics the Sal trousers will be available in yet?
post #31683 of 36410
Hell yeah! One small question... would you be open (I understand if not) to making the Minnis houndstooth with the spalla manica a camicia rather than morbida? I understand if not... but it would make it slightly different from the last iteration, and I think you have a similar configuration with yours.
post #31684 of 36410
Hey Greg,

Xpost from your thread about the trunk show in NYC this coming wkd.
Can we order something via phone etc.. if unable to attend?
Specifically referring to some rota pants. I know my size and fabrics would be some of the same ones you had for your pre-orders earlier this year (assuming they are available at your trunk show).
Again i may be able to attd the trunk show but not sure yet.
post #31685 of 36410
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

Hey Greg,

Xpost from your thread about the trunk show in NYC this coming wkd.
Can we order something via phone etc.. if unable to attend?
Specifically referring to some rota pants. I know my size and fabrics would be some of the same ones you had for your pre-orders earlier this year (assuming they are available at your trunk show).
Again i may be able to attd the trunk show but not sure yet.

 

Yes, sure.   Most of our fabrics this spring are actually not part of the MTO/MTM swatches so we'd need to figure out what fabrics you're interested in

post #31686 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

 

Not this season.  All the tailoring was made by Sartoria Partenopea this season

Wow! Nice job by Eidos, Partenopea is very well regarded.

post #31687 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Wow! Nice job by Eidos, Partenopea is very well regarded.

I am curious to see how that came about. Isn't Eidos affiliated with Isaia? I thought they were like a little sibling, under a larger umbrella brand. I guess it was a looser affiliation? Interesting, in any event, because Partenopea is awesome.
post #31688 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Not this season.  All the tailoring was made by Sartoria Partenopea this season

Thanks Greg. And is the construction similiar, or slighly better?
post #31689 of 36410
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


Thanks Greg. And is the construction similiar, or slighly better?

 

I can't tell much of a difference in the construction but the shoulder expression looks a little bit smoother/cleaner on me than in the past.  Previous iterations required some wear and working the shoulder seam to relax the initial puffiness of the grinze

post #31690 of 36410

Dumb question alert, but is the 15% off preorder discount in addition to the normal 10%?

 

I'd assume no, but one never gets if one never asks!

post #31691 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Yes, sure.   Most of our fabrics this spring are actually not part of the MTO/MTM swatches so we'd need to figure out what fabrics you're interested in

From your fall/winter 16 pre orders any of the med to darker gray swatches in order would do 1.)classic will twill 360gm 2.)crisp plain-weave 3.) Cavalry wool 4.) Flannel (only last bc its summer and i am sure you probably carry flannel rtw next winter anyways).
I am a simple man and usually dress in 50 shades of gray in terms of non suit trousers.
Let me know if this is easier done via phone, i dont mean to clog up the thread with this.
post #31692 of 36410
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

Dumb question alert, but is the 15% off preorder discount in addition to the normal 10%?

 

I'd assume no, but one never gets if one never asks!

 

In lieu of the 10% discount

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post


From your fall/winter 16 pre orders any of the med to darker gray swatches in order would do 1.)classic will twill 360gm 2.)crisp plain-weave 3.) Cavalry wool 4.) Flannel (only last bc its summer and i am sure you probably carry flannel rtw next winter anyways).
I am a simple man and usually dress in 50 shades of gray in terms of non suit trousers.
Let me know if this is easier done via phone, i dont mean to clog up the thread with this.

 

Actually, the Rota swatches currently available for MTO/MTM are the spring fabric, not the fall fabrics.  Fall swatches typically come in late September

post #31693 of 36410

Are we going to do summer edition of design your outfit and compete with @conceptual 4est ?

post #31694 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by sood View Post
 

Are we going to do summer edition of design your outfit and compete with @conceptual 4est ?

 

Start it up!

post #31695 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


Hey Greg,

Is the Eidos tailoring still made by Isaia?

 

Not this season.  All the tailoring was made by Sartoria Partenopea this season

 

Just read @NickPollica's comment that SP nailed the shoulders. I'm looking forward to trying these jackets on.

 

Also, yeah, grey birdseye Formosa! :slayer: Might also have to get that Moon gunclub.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭