or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2105

post #31561 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


I think he knows that. Pretty sure he meant. "I don't cuff. Also, I like . . ."

 

But it's a DB suit...it really deserves a cuff. Feels very incomplete. 

post #31562 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

But it's a DB suit...it really deserves a cuff. Feels very incomplete. 

Its a DB and flannel. Its screaming for a cuff
post #31563 of 36396
I think there's a video of Edward Sexton floating around out there showing a DB suit he's made (for himself I think) and the trousers are not cuffed. I remember noting that and thinking it looked super sharp.
post #31564 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post

DB chalk-stripe flannel: seems to beg for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

That would have been my default as well. But aside from the whole "he bought it, he should wear it however he likes" thing, I think Amused's choice works here. Between the chalk stripe, the flannel texture, the double-breasted cut, and the peak lapels, there's already a lot going on there. I'm not sure the outfit "needs" another focal point . . .

I'm not sure I'd view it as an additional focal point so much as providing some heft below to balance what is a substantial expanse of (substantial) fabric above. And besides, it is a timeless, classic combination.
post #31565 of 36396
Iphone phreak out. Sorry.
post #31566 of 36396
Ditto
post #31567 of 36396
ditto
post #31568 of 36396
I dont know where the OP works but chalk stripe flannel + DB + cuffs has a lot going for most work places. Add to that what appears to be some rosewood kudu GG and thats a lot.

Mostt people outside of SF (and probably many on SF) will not notice the lack of cuffs on DB flannel suit.

As @ttownmd mentioned I also never cuff, ever. I also dont own any DB . I generally have a small break on all my trousers (suit or not) to cover my socks when standing and walking. Not into the Thom Browne look either.

To each his own
post #31569 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post

I think there's a video of Edward Sexton floating around out there showing a DB suit he's made (for himself I think) and the trousers are not cuffed. I remember noting that and thinking it looked super sharp.

I can think of very few occasions where cuffed pants look sharper than uncuffed pants
post #31570 of 36396
I could be wrong - I can't find anything out there. It may have been a single breasted tweed suit. I do remember he was wearing chelsea boots, and I really liked the look of the clean, narrow cuff with the boots. If anyone knows the video maybe they can find it.
post #31571 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post


I'm not sure I'd view it as an additional focal point so much as providing some heft below to balance what is a substantial expanse of (substantial) fabric above. And besides, it is a timeless, classic combination.

So were top hats and canes with evening wear, once. And let's be clear: I have nothing against cuffs. The majority of both my suits and my odd trousers have cuffs. I'm sure that suit would look great cuffed. But from the pictures I'd say it looks pretty awesome uncuffed as well. I don't want to sidetrack this thread into some ur-SF debate about traditionalism vs. personal style, so I'll leave it at that.
post #31572 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

I dont know where the OP works but chalk stripe flannel + DB + cuffs has a lot going for most work places. Add to that what appears to be some rosewood kudu GG and thats a lot.

Mostt people outside of SF (and probably many on SF) will not notice the lack of cuffs on DB flannel suit.

As @ttownmd mentioned I also never cuff, ever. I also dont own any DB . I generally have a small break on all my trousers (suit or not) to cover my socks when standing and walking. Not into the Thom Browne look either.

To each his own
You are very correct I don't cuff just a personal preference depending upon type of pants. And my socks are only showing while sitting down & I am with you on not into Thomas Browne look his pants are way to high even for me.
post #31573 of 36396
I'm going to try and cuff my first Eidos Sal trousers this summer nod[1].gif

post #31574 of 36396
I cuff almost all my pants 😒 Also almost all are pleated, too. I must be 80 years old
post #31575 of 36396
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

I cuff almost all my pants 😒 Also almost all are pleated, too. I must be 80 years old
Nothing wrong with that you also have good taste & style FYI took the plung with lux
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭