or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 2047

post #30691 of 36451
It's kind of faint, but that little scribble in the corner says "time to start making in Long sizes", right?
post #30692 of 36451
Thread Starter 

:(

post #30693 of 36451
Thread Starter 

Gentle reminder about this  -  a really cool little project with Samuel Gassmann 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

SAMUEL GASSMANN - SPECIAL PROJECT

 

 

 

 

 

Samuel agreed to open up a special opportunity for our customers to order his new series of domino inspired black/white cufflinks, with the numbers that you want on them.  They're really lovely cufflinks in bone and ebony with a silver link, and quite versatile with a black side and a white side depending on what you're wearing them with.  

 

We're opening up a window for those orders until next week (Feb 26) and then we'll organize all the orders and numbers for him and send the master order to Paris.  It will take about two months for him to craft them and ship them to us.

 

What domino numbers will you pick?  Lucky numbers?  Something with a special significance?

 

Order page: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/custom-order-domino-cufflinks-in-bone-and-ebony.html

 

Use code PREORDER for 15% off your custom order

 

 
post #30694 of 36451
@gdl203 or anyone else, how to size Camoshita shirting in general say compared to some other NMWA brands? For instance, I am a 2 in ts(s) shirting, 39 in Eidos dress shirting and most European shirting, M in Niche, 4 in SS knits, M in Sage de Cret. I'm 48 in Eidos tops/jackets. I'm also a 15/33 in Brooks Brothers Regent fit shirting.

I'm trying to decide between a 38 and 39.
post #30695 of 36451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post

Love that seersucker - the elastic waist is a nice touch. Comfy style.

Just curious -- is the appeal of "comfy style" here mostly conceptual or aesthetic, in the mildly transgressive visual reference to sweatpants, pajamas and other "comfort" clothing in the elastic waistband, or a sense of greater actual physical comfort? I don't find "traditional" trouser waistbands at all uncomfortable, although everyone's mileage may vary, of course.

Agree that the seersucker looks super nice.
post #30696 of 36451
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post

@gdl203 or anyone else, how to size Camoshita shirting in general say compared to some other NMWA brands? For instance, I am a 2 in ts(s) shirting, 39 in Eidos dress shirting and most European shirting, M in Niche, 4 in SS knits, M in Sage de Cret. I'm 48 in Eidos tops/jackets. I'm also a 15/33 in Brooks Brothers Regent fit shirting.

I'm trying to decide between a 38 and 39.

Your BB shirt size says 38 but your Eidos shirt size says 39. I'd go w 39
post #30697 of 36451
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


Just curious -- is the appeal of "comfy style" here mostly conceptual or aesthetic, in the mildly transgressive visual reference to sweatpants, pajamas and other "comfort" clothing in the elastic waistband, or a sense of greater actual physical comfort? I don't find "traditional" trouser waistbands at all uncomfortable, although everyone's mileage may vary, of course.
 


As someone whose weight can fluctuate a bit there are times I thoroughly appreciate elasticity in the waist. :)

On that note, I've really been loving the SDC trackpants.

post #30698 of 36451
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Just curious -- is the appeal of "comfy style" here mostly conceptual or aesthetic, in the mildly transgressive visual reference to sweatpants, pajamas and other "comfort" clothing in the elastic waistband, or a sense of greater actual physical comfort? I don't find "traditional" trouser waistbands at all uncomfortable, although everyone's mileage may vary, of course.

Agree that the seersucker looks super nice.

Aesthetic for me. I'm in a 'creative' office so anything other than jeans needs to maintain the downward trajectory.
post #30699 of 36451
Thread Starter 

For ones like these with a normal fly with buttoned fastening, the difference isn't as drastic as when the elastic waistband goes all around and the closure is drawstring.   Most people may not even see much of a difference from the front.  

 

However comfortable regular well-fitting trousers may be, those with an elastic waistband will be more so.

post #30700 of 36451

@gdl203 - No size 38 in Camoshita shirts this season?

post #30701 of 36451
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sood View Post
 

@gdl203 - No size 38 in Camoshita shirts this season?

 

Starting at 39 now... We keep refining size runs based on demand/sales.  

post #30702 of 36451
@gdl203 - Greg. How difficult would it be to start adding a full frontal (leaving this wide open for the jokez here I know) shot of all your trousers/pants moving forward? You guys do a bang up job with measurements now to make it easy to compare with pants in our closets for a sense of fit, but I think the front on shot would come a long way in helping the customer (I know it does for me), get a perspective on how the garment wears (i.e. relaxed, slim, slim straight, etc.) and help visualize the silhouette if that makes sense. Am I alone here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Your BB shirt size says 38 but your Eidos shirt size says 39. I'd go w 39

Thanks, Greg. I like Camoshita offerings just never took a chance at the shirting (and I was too busy picking up other items from the great selections you provide). I own the elastic waist seersucker pants from last SS season and I wore those ton during the warm season. That simple modification from traditional pants to the casual elasticized waist side just brings an "air" of casual to what would be a more traditional "office" wear vibe. I never wore my seersucker with shoes, always with sneakers and rolled up, but I could easily wear a lace up and button down with it and wear it around the office.
post #30703 of 36451
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post

@gdl203 - Greg. How difficult would it be to start adding a full frontal (leaving this wide open for the jokez here I know) shot of all your trousers/pants moving forward? You guys do a bang up job with measurements now to make it easy to compare with pants in our closets for a sense of fit, but I think the front on shot would come a long way in helping the customer (I know it does for me), get a perspective on how the garment wears (i.e. relaxed, slim, slim straight, etc.) and help visualize the silhouette if that makes sense. Am I alone here?

 

Does this shot not give you a good sense of the silhouette?  We chose to do the full side shot rather than front as it feels like it captures the silhouette and leg shape better.

 

post #30704 of 36451
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Does this shot not give you a good sense of the silhouette?  We chose to do the full side shot rather than front as it feels like it captures the silhouette and leg shape better.







That does help, maybe there's something in my head that likes to see how the pants look from the front, like looking in a mirror shot if you will so I can see how the rise, thigh, knee, ankle look from front. Take the Sal Trousers for instance, the measurements made it seem like the rise would be sitting above my belly button and the side shot wouldn't help me with that visual.

This: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/1000x1000/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/9/092415085.jpg

Vs.

This: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0275/9117/products/GENTRY-NYC-EIDOS-TWILL-TROUSER-4497-ALT-0.jpg
post #30705 of 36451
Thread Starter 

oh you actually mean a shot on a model?   nah we're not doing that for now.    I thought you meant a front hanging shot (which IMO doesn't show the silhouette as well as the side shot)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭