Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:09 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 7/26/15 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 4:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 194post #2896 of 2451011/19/13 at 12:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2897 of 2451011/19/13 at 6:48pmpost #2898 of 2451011/19/13 at 7:30pmMy brown cashmere rollneck arrived today.
The good: size small fits me perfectly. I could use slightly longer sleeves (about an eighth of an inch), but that's a minor quibble.
The bad: customs decided to collect duty, so I paid $65 more than anticipated in taxes. :-( A good thing this was a small order.
Will rock the rollneck in sub-zero weather tomorrow.post #2899 of 2451011/19/13 at 9:16pmpost #2900 of 2451011/19/13 at 9:45pmpost #2901 of 2451011/19/13 at 10:30pmpost #2902 of 2451011/20/13 at 6:06amQuote:
You're reading you're boots?
So based on the success of the first Trunk show, I'm guessing you'll have to do another. The natural location of course should be Cleveland. Oh sure, laugh if you want, but once you think about it the conclusion is natural. First off, it's close to everything. In seven hours of less (by car) we could get attract people from Chicago, Milwaukee, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Buffalo, Philly, D.C., and NYC. That's like 2/3 of StyleForum right there. Second, everything is cheap: space, booze, parking, flights... Third, we could invite Ken from Krane to come down and do MTO badass outerwear. Naturally, this would lead to Greg and he sparking up a very mutually agreeable (and profitable) relationship.post #2903 of 2451011/20/13 at 7:19amQuote:Quote:
no but seriously, where are the pics?post #2904 of 2451011/20/13 at 9:51amQuote:
I think that the problem with online shopping is that there are a lot of little things that are just impossible to translate onto a computer screen. Hopefully, we'll get the holodeck soon. For example:
I looked around the internet for a good picture of what, imo, really makes these boots stand out - the slate grey (so, a dark grey with strong blues in it) that really contrast subtly with the taupe suede. While I love shopping online, it's sometimes hard to show why one piece is so much nicer than another, superficially similar, pair.
The color is really hard to capture on film and looks best under natural light. This picture here doesn't do any justice to the nap or the leather color, but you can somewhat see the color of the contrasting piping and the brogued semi bellows tongue:post #2905 of 2451011/20/13 at 10:20amIn addition to all of those points about Heschung, they are also very comfortable and well made. They come from a tradition of walking/hiking shoes where comfort and function are a priority. To me their perspective is an ideal alternative to sneakers or heavier and more staid British shoes/boots.post #2906 of 2451011/20/13 at 11:29ampost #2907 of 2451011/20/13 at 11:30ampost #2908 of 2451011/20/13 at 11:59amThread Starterpost #2909 of 2451011/20/13 at 12:00pmQuote:Bad Reference: Read at Your Own Risk (Click to show)Wear them in health, uncle.
In all seriousness, however, they look very nice.
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...