Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:47 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/16/15 at 8:17am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Yesterday at 8:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/29/15 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
Last edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Going Places: A Brief Trip to NaplesLast edited: 3/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Yesterday
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 194post #2896 of 2153211/19/13 at 12:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2897 of 2153211/19/13 at 6:48pmpost #2898 of 2153211/19/13 at 7:30pmMy brown cashmere rollneck arrived today.
The good: size small fits me perfectly. I could use slightly longer sleeves (about an eighth of an inch), but that's a minor quibble.
The bad: customs decided to collect duty, so I paid $65 more than anticipated in taxes. :-( A good thing this was a small order.
Will rock the rollneck in sub-zero weather tomorrow.post #2899 of 2153211/19/13 at 9:16pmpost #2900 of 2153211/19/13 at 9:45pmpost #2901 of 2153211/19/13 at 10:30pmpost #2902 of 2153211/20/13 at 6:06amQuote:
You're reading you're boots?
So based on the success of the first Trunk show, I'm guessing you'll have to do another. The natural location of course should be Cleveland. Oh sure, laugh if you want, but once you think about it the conclusion is natural. First off, it's close to everything. In seven hours of less (by car) we could get attract people from Chicago, Milwaukee, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Buffalo, Philly, D.C., and NYC. That's like 2/3 of StyleForum right there. Second, everything is cheap: space, booze, parking, flights... Third, we could invite Ken from Krane to come down and do MTO badass outerwear. Naturally, this would lead to Greg and he sparking up a very mutually agreeable (and profitable) relationship.post #2903 of 2153211/20/13 at 7:19amQuote:Quote:
no but seriously, where are the pics?post #2904 of 2153211/20/13 at 9:51amQuote:
I think that the problem with online shopping is that there are a lot of little things that are just impossible to translate onto a computer screen. Hopefully, we'll get the holodeck soon. For example:
I looked around the internet for a good picture of what, imo, really makes these boots stand out - the slate grey (so, a dark grey with strong blues in it) that really contrast subtly with the taupe suede. While I love shopping online, it's sometimes hard to show why one piece is so much nicer than another, superficially similar, pair.
The color is really hard to capture on film and looks best under natural light. This picture here doesn't do any justice to the nap or the leather color, but you can somewhat see the color of the contrasting piping and the brogued semi bellows tongue:post #2905 of 2153211/20/13 at 10:20amIn addition to all of those points about Heschung, they are also very comfortable and well made. They come from a tradition of walking/hiking shoes where comfort and function are a priority. To me their perspective is an ideal alternative to sneakers or heavier and more staid British shoes/boots.post #2906 of 2153211/20/13 at 11:29ampost #2907 of 2153211/20/13 at 11:30ampost #2908 of 2153211/20/13 at 11:59amThread Starterpost #2909 of 2153211/20/13 at 12:00pmQuote:Bad Reference: Read at Your Own Risk (Click to show)Wear them in health, uncle.
In all seriousness, however, they look very nice.
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 9 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 55 seconds ago
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Meetup and Trunk Show Hosted by Epaulet... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Watch Slovakia VS Czech Rep. live Stream Game soccer Football 1 minute ago
- › Watch Austria VS Bos-Herce live Stream Game soccer Football 1 minute ago
- › Watch Luxembourg VS Turkey live Stream Game soccer Football 2 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...