Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 10/17/14 at 11:30am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 11:59 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 11:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Need a shirt, tie, and shoes quick Last post on 10/10/12 at 2:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 194post #2896 of 1375811/19/13 at 12:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2897 of 1375811/19/13 at 6:48pmpost #2898 of 1375811/19/13 at 7:30pmMy brown cashmere rollneck arrived today.
The good: size small fits me perfectly. I could use slightly longer sleeves (about an eighth of an inch), but that's a minor quibble.
The bad: customs decided to collect duty, so I paid $65 more than anticipated in taxes. :-( A good thing this was a small order.
Will rock the rollneck in sub-zero weather tomorrow.post #2899 of 1375811/19/13 at 9:16pmpost #2900 of 1375811/19/13 at 9:45pmpost #2901 of 1375811/19/13 at 10:30pmpost #2902 of 1375811/20/13 at 6:06amQuote:
You're reading you're boots?
So based on the success of the first Trunk show, I'm guessing you'll have to do another. The natural location of course should be Cleveland. Oh sure, laugh if you want, but once you think about it the conclusion is natural. First off, it's close to everything. In seven hours of less (by car) we could get attract people from Chicago, Milwaukee, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Buffalo, Philly, D.C., and NYC. That's like 2/3 of StyleForum right there. Second, everything is cheap: space, booze, parking, flights... Third, we could invite Ken from Krane to come down and do MTO badass outerwear. Naturally, this would lead to Greg and he sparking up a very mutually agreeable (and profitable) relationship.post #2903 of 1375811/20/13 at 7:19amQuote:Quote:
no but seriously, where are the pics?post #2904 of 1375811/20/13 at 9:51amQuote:
I think that the problem with online shopping is that there are a lot of little things that are just impossible to translate onto a computer screen. Hopefully, we'll get the holodeck soon. For example:
I looked around the internet for a good picture of what, imo, really makes these boots stand out - the slate grey (so, a dark grey with strong blues in it) that really contrast subtly with the taupe suede. While I love shopping online, it's sometimes hard to show why one piece is so much nicer than another, superficially similar, pair.
The color is really hard to capture on film and looks best under natural light. This picture here doesn't do any justice to the nap or the leather color, but you can somewhat see the color of the contrasting piping and the brogued semi bellows tongue:post #2905 of 1375811/20/13 at 10:20amIn addition to all of those points about Heschung, they are also very comfortable and well made. They come from a tradition of walking/hiking shoes where comfort and function are a priority. To me their perspective is an ideal alternative to sneakers or heavier and more staid British shoes/boots.post #2906 of 1375811/20/13 at 11:29ampost #2907 of 1375811/20/13 at 11:30ampost #2908 of 1375811/20/13 at 11:59amThread Starterpost #2909 of 1375811/20/13 at 12:00pmQuote:Bad Reference: Read at Your Own Risk (Click to show)Wear them in health, uncle.
In all seriousness, however, they look very nice.
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 22 seconds ago
- › Calvin Klein Men's Sport Coat / Blazer / Jacket 100% Wool Small... 51 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Anyone have experience with Kangaroo Leather? 8 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › RLPL Lambskin Jacket 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...