Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14More
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/27/14 at 1:31pm in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 9:27 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Old Fashioned Bump and drop!! 8/29 Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 8/26/14 at 10:13am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:22am in Classic Menswear
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 9:04 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 194post #2896 of 1109511/19/13 at 12:42pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #2897 of 1109511/19/13 at 6:48pmpost #2898 of 1109511/19/13 at 7:30pmMy brown cashmere rollneck arrived today.
The good: size small fits me perfectly. I could use slightly longer sleeves (about an eighth of an inch), but that's a minor quibble.
The bad: customs decided to collect duty, so I paid $65 more than anticipated in taxes. :-( A good thing this was a small order.
Will rock the rollneck in sub-zero weather tomorrow.post #2899 of 1109511/19/13 at 9:16pmpost #2900 of 1109511/19/13 at 9:45pmpost #2901 of 1109511/19/13 at 10:30pmpost #2902 of 1109511/20/13 at 6:06amQuote:
You're reading you're boots?
So based on the success of the first Trunk show, I'm guessing you'll have to do another. The natural location of course should be Cleveland. Oh sure, laugh if you want, but once you think about it the conclusion is natural. First off, it's close to everything. In seven hours of less (by car) we could get attract people from Chicago, Milwaukee, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Buffalo, Philly, D.C., and NYC. That's like 2/3 of StyleForum right there. Second, everything is cheap: space, booze, parking, flights... Third, we could invite Ken from Krane to come down and do MTO badass outerwear. Naturally, this would lead to Greg and he sparking up a very mutually agreeable (and profitable) relationship.post #2903 of 1109511/20/13 at 7:19amQuote:Quote:
no but seriously, where are the pics?post #2904 of 1109511/20/13 at 9:51amQuote:
I think that the problem with online shopping is that there are a lot of little things that are just impossible to translate onto a computer screen. Hopefully, we'll get the holodeck soon. For example:
I looked around the internet for a good picture of what, imo, really makes these boots stand out - the slate grey (so, a dark grey with strong blues in it) that really contrast subtly with the taupe suede. While I love shopping online, it's sometimes hard to show why one piece is so much nicer than another, superficially similar, pair.
The color is really hard to capture on film and looks best under natural light. This picture here doesn't do any justice to the nap or the leather color, but you can somewhat see the color of the contrasting piping and the brogued semi bellows tongue:post #2905 of 1109511/20/13 at 10:20amIn addition to all of those points about Heschung, they are also very comfortable and well made. They come from a tradition of walking/hiking shoes where comfort and function are a priority. To me their perspective is an ideal alternative to sneakers or heavier and more staid British shoes/boots.post #2906 of 1109511/20/13 at 11:29ampost #2907 of 1109511/20/13 at 11:30ampost #2908 of 1109511/20/13 at 11:59amThread Starterpost #2909 of 1109511/20/13 at 12:00pmQuote:Bad Reference: Read at Your Own Risk (Click to show)Wear them in health, uncle.
In all seriousness, however, they look very nice.
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › Things you just don't get 53 seconds ago
- › Robert Geller/Common Projects 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Does this jacket fit? 4 minutes ago
- › common projects achilles white 46 4 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)