Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 1/10/17 at 10:28pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 8:01 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 1913post #28681 of 382851/5/16 at 3:21pmpost #28682 of 382851/5/16 at 3:27pmQuote:
Haha, thanks LD, appreciate it.Quote:
Tighter I mean slimmer. Definitely don't feel constricted at all.
I may just ride it out for a little bit. I find that these things tend to break in after a little while. On the plus side, I don't even need the sleeves altered, which is always huge.
Do not feel constricted in any manner.
*Note, the biggest problem with the 50 for me was the way the collar sit. I could not get it to sit flush without moving it around. And that just drove me crazy. That is probably the biggest cause of my dissatisfaction with the 50.
Took another snap, and wow, really happy with the fit. Better angle here.
Edited by Newcomer - 1/5/16 at 5:38pmpost #28683 of 382851/5/16 at 4:06pmpost #28684 of 382851/5/16 at 4:10pmpost #28685 of 382851/5/16 at 4:14pmpost #28686 of 382851/5/16 at 4:40pmpost #28687 of 382851/5/16 at 4:46pmpost #28688 of 382851/5/16 at 5:10pm@Newcomer, 48 Formosa looks great on you. I wouldn't liquidate the others right away, though. I seem to recall you having a linen Formosa, which might work in a more relaxed fit (take in pants, maybe slim the jacket a little). Plus for what you'd get for a used garment, some alterations might be a smarter use of funds.post #28689 of 382851/5/16 at 6:42pmpost #28690 of 382851/5/16 at 6:52pmpost #28691 of 382851/5/16 at 6:59pmpost #28692 of 382851/5/16 at 7:28pmpost #28693 of 382851/6/16 at 5:01ampost #28694 of 382851/6/16 at 6:42amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by 1969
@Newcomer Looks great man but I'd urge you to give it a year before you sell off your 50's. The only thing worse than gaining 15 pounds back is realizing you sold everything that would have fit you. I love the way I look in 48 pants, but I love pizza too.Quote:Originally Posted by archibaldleach
@Newcomer, 48 Formosa looks great on you. I wouldn't liquidate the others right away, though. I seem to recall you having a linen Formosa, which might work in a more relaxed fit (take in pants, maybe slim the jacket a little). Plus for what you'd get for a used garment, some alterations might be a smarter use of funds.
I do have a linen Formosa, which would be missed.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. And to expound, just a little bit. The offloading would be for two reasons: (i) the size 50s have not really fit well -- and therefore, have not really been worn as much as they would have otherwise -- for around a year now; and (ii) my "new" job (which I switched to about a year ago) requires me to dress uber-CBD, and my previous Formosa purchases were made when I worked in a creative / business casual environment. Thus, I am not wearing them because they don't fit very well, and because they are just not job appropriate. I can't justify holding onto a suit or sportcoat I wear once or twice a year when I am wearing conservative suits 6 times a week.
Crazy thing, with respect to the weight loss -- I started eating lunch about a year ago (before I would just kind of snack -- and I immediately dropped around fifteen pounds (over a month). I have fluctuated +/- one or two pounds since then, but by and large, just eating lunch and kickstarting my metabolism really changed my body shape. I have also cut back on cocktails, which was also probably a culprit.Quote:Originally Posted by Moirne
The 48 looks fantastic, @Newcomer - definitely made for you.
I agree with the sentiment about waiting a year to dump your 50s, though. You may find you prefer to keep a couple and/or alter them.
The pack of vultures (myself included) will still be here when/if you dump them
Thanks man! I may give them to the vultures though -- they need a better home . I hate having anything in my closet that I don't wear more than a couple times a year.Quote:
Thanks Patrick. I certainly agree with your sentiments regarding Chris' work. The Formosa fits incredibly, incredibly well, but the suit Chris made for me fits flawlessly. With Chris, I am on a 1 garment every one-two years train. I would love to have a full closet of his stuff. But for logistical and monetary reasons, it will be a slow, slow build. But in a way, I do not mind that. I think there is a lot of value to slowly acquiring a bespoke wardrobe. It is nice how each new garment reflects how your own sartorial tastes have grown.
I also certainly like having a less expensive option to (a) fill in some gaps, and (b) commission some "fun" / "frou-frou" stuff. One thing that always drives me crazy is when people say the Formosa offerings are $2,200+. With standard discount, you are looking at $1,800 or less. With a sale, $1,400 - $1,600. If you are paying between $1,400 and $1,800 for a suit from Italy with the fabric that is used, you are getting a bargain.post #28695 of 382851/6/16 at 6:51am
Nuke, nothing keeps you in shape better than getting rid off stuff that used to fit you when you were heavier. Every winter stuff starts to get a bit tight and it kicks my lazy ass back in to eating better and working out consistently. So I say screw the back up plan, ditch the size 50 stuff.
And as we talked about, I agree with Six on the alteration.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 18 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 21 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 24 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...