or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 1912

post #28666 of 36403
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

I just saw that excellent Star Wars premiere blog post. Please tell me Kyle or Greg has put that ensemble all together and worn it for a photo

Kylo Ren? I'll show myself out..
post #28667 of 36403
Quick and dirty snaps of the 48.

Definitely on the tighter side, but I definitely think it is flattering. Please ignore the pants and the tie with the getup...







Cf.

Edited by Newcomer - 1/5/16 at 3:13pm
post #28668 of 36403
Damn dude, that looks great.
post #28669 of 36403
It looks a little snug in the chest with the waistcoat but otherwise looks great, congrats!
post #28670 of 36403
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

It looks a little snug in the chest with the waistcoat but otherwise looks great, congrats!

I agree with that. Definitely on the snug side with the waistcoat, but I think I will wear a waistcoat fairly infrequently (i.e., close to never). And thank you very much. A brief comment on the waistcoat. I feel like a waistcoat is always a catch 22. Either the jacket is perfect regularly, and too snug with a waistcoat, or is too loose regularly, and perfect with the waistcoat. I think I prefer the former to the latter, since I plan on wearing it as a 2-piece more frequently.

I would appreciate some general thoughts though, since switching to the 48 likely means divesting myself of my 50s.
post #28671 of 36403
Good news is you can wear the waistcoat with the jacket open, so it's not a big problem
post #28672 of 36403

Really like that fabric.

 

 

Also, if you want, you can go hipster and wear the waistcoat with no jacket.

 

SO MUCH VERSATILITY

post #28673 of 36403
Can we see the back? General thoughts: hugs your neck, shoulders are clean, shape is wonderful, and length is spot on.
post #28674 of 36403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Can we see the back? General thoughts:  shape is wonderful, and length is spot on.

 

TWSS?

post #28675 of 36403
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

Good news is you can wear the waistcoat with the jacket open, so it's not a big problem

 

Some would even say that you shouldn't button the jacket when wearing a waistcoat. 

 

I'd say the jacket looks a touch snug at the waist even without the waistcoat (from how much the quarters are opening, though that might be posture), but the fit looks good everywhere else.

post #28676 of 36403
Was just about to say that....show it off!
post #28677 of 36403
How do the pants fit?
post #28678 of 36403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Can we see the back? General thoughts: hugs your neck, shoulders are clean, shape is wonderful, and length is spot on.

Gave you a side shot, did not take a back shot unfortunately.

And I agree with the neck, especially. Thanks, sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Really like that fabric.

Also, if you want, you can go hipster and wear the waistcoat with no jacket.

SO MUCH VERSATILITY

I think I will rock it full hipster 99% of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Some would even say that you shouldn't button the jacket when wearing a waistcoat. 

I'd say the jacket looks a touch snug at the waist even without the waistcoat (from how much the quarters are opening, though that might be posture), but the fit looks good everywhere else.

Yes, I kind of agree regarding the waist. Fortunately, that should be an easy alteration, all things considered. Should be able to let the waist out a tad, and remedy that. I think that is probably the biggest problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

How do the pants fit?

The 48 pants fit FAR better. The 50 pants are a good size too big. 48 fits perfectly out of the box, see the flannels above.
post #28679 of 36403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Quick and dirty snaps of the 48.

Definitely on the tighter side, but I definitely think it is flattering. Please ignore the pants and the tie with the getup...
Dude, you're right. Looks really great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post



Also, if you want, you can go hipster and wear the waistcoat with no jacket.

God damn it, I used to really like you.
post #28680 of 36403
I wouldn't even worry about altering the waist, it looks fine done up without the WC

By 'tighter' do you mean slimmer? Can you move around without feeling constricted?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭