or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 1903

post #28531 of 36520
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

how did you make this greg? very nice!
post #28532 of 36520

How are the Document fishtail Parkas sizing? TTS?

post #28533 of 36520
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

How are the Document fishtail Parkas sizing? TTS?

You leaning slate or indigo? I think both are great colorways
post #28534 of 36520
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


You leaning slate or indigo? I think both are great colorways


I like the Slate.

I am hesitant because of sizing.

They measure big, but that may not be realistic to fit. 

post #28535 of 36520
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post


I like the Slate.
I am hesitant because of sizing.
They measure big, but that may not be realistic to fit. 

I would imagine TTS. I own a Document sweater and it is the trim side of TTS. I think it's the nature of the soft coat. Just like if you look at the Schneider Memory coat the measurements look big but it runs true to SS sizing
post #28536 of 36520
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Just received my second NMWA order. I have been dinged both times for customs. $25 and $30 for $100 and $130 items. These are just accessories so I probably can never buy a big ticket item from NMWA. I have no complaints with NMWA obviously as their products are just terrific and customer service is superb.

The packaging of the products is great but I think there should be an option where we can select minimal packaging. I believe both times I got hit by duty because the packages were quite big in size (for a tie and scarf). That's just my theory as to why customs went through the package. I think a minimal packaging option would help some of us in Canada. Just a suggestion.

I have recently ordered items from other vendors for around the same declared value and not been hit.

So you were not hit with customs/duties or taxes(GST) on those other purchases? You paid nothing on arrival?

I've received small boxes (cuff links and Inis Meain hat) to large tombstone sized boxes (Leder great Coat) from NMWA and have always been hit.
post #28537 of 36520
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

How are the Document fishtail Parkas sizing? TTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

You leaning slate or indigo? I think both are great colorways

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post


I like the Slate.
I am hesitant because of sizing.
They measure big, but that may not be realistic to fit. 

True to size (I'd say that's true across Document as well). It's filled and puffy so I'm sure measurements look big (taken on the outside), but it's TTS
post #28538 of 36520
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

So you were not hit with customs/duties or taxes(GST) on those other purchases? You paid nothing on arrival?

I've received small boxes (cuff links and Inis Meain hat) to large tombstone sized boxes (Leder great Coat) from NMWA and have always been hit.

We used to ship UPS to Canada (more expensive for us than USPS) but most Canadian customers asked us to ship USPS as they don't take a customs fee (on top of duties).

If you have a better idea (while still legal in our side, I.e. not marking down value), we will happily consider.

I know a portion of our Canadian customers use US boxes, proxies and forwarders.
post #28539 of 36520
@gdl203 how does the Geller Emile bomber run? 52 for me?
post #28540 of 36520

Greg, can you weigh in on the TS(S) Deck Jacket sizing?  Should an average 38 take a size 2 or 3?  Seems to run large.  Thanks.

post #28541 of 36520
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post


If you have a better idea (while still legal in our side, I.e. not marking down value), we will happily consider.

Would sending shipments DDP (delivery duty paid) be possible? I find that duties tend to be less when done this way for whatever reason and at least you have no surprises when the item arrives at your door and you have to fork over 50% more. Just a thought...
post #28542 of 36520

IMO DDP sucks, increases the price so much. In my experience, small parcels sent to Canada via USPS get dinged a lot less. So another vote for small packages here. :-)

 

Still, there's no rule. USPS has already charged me up to 40% of the items worth in taxes AND custom and handling fees...

post #28543 of 36520
post #28544 of 36520
Any chance the SDC patchwork jacket will make a comeback?
post #28545 of 36520
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

@gdl203 how does the Geller Emile bomber run? 52 for me?
Comfortably TTS. No need to size up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrv123 View Post

Would sending shipments DDP (delivery duty paid) be possible? I find that duties tend to be less when done this way for whatever reason and at least you have no surprises when the item arrives at your door and you have to fork over 50% more. Just a thought...
It would be incredibly complicated to program all duty categories for all products to ensure that they're properly calculated at checkout. I think that's a non-starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Any chance the SDC patchwork jacket will make a comeback?
You mean, next fall? It's possible that the designer uses the concept again but he probably won't do it exactly the same way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭