Go with a 43.5 in Vass F
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 5:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 20post #286 of 303099/4/13 at 6:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #287 of 303099/4/13 at 8:16pmpost #288 of 303099/5/13 at 1:05ampost #289 of 303099/5/13 at 6:55ampost #290 of 303099/5/13 at 7:19amThread StarterThanks guysQuote:
Sorry if I was unclear. We had Formosa make a number of sized suits (ready-to-wear) for us. These are not bespoke or MTM. They're made entirely by hand, to bespoke standards, but can be ordered and shipped right away. Of course, the sleeves and hems are unfinished so everyone can use their own alteration tailor to get the perfect length. So, turnaround is right away after purchase.
Also, this is actually not a sport coat. Or maybe it is... It's part of a "blazer suit" that we commissioned in a navy nailhead flannel English cloth from Drapers' "Lady San Felice" book. Hence the patch pockets. It looks great as a suit and jacket can easily be worn as a blazer.
Pricing is in line with machine-made suits like Golden Fleece or RL Black Label, but with a dramatically superior cut, make and cloth. The whole jacket is hand-felled and hand-stitched - take a look at the stitching inside for example. I have never seen a RTW suit made like this :Quote:
I don't own any G&G so it's hard to triangulate perfectly for me, but based on the UK10E 888, I would say 43.5 or 44 in Vass F last.
Thanks!post #291 of 303099/5/13 at 7:37ampost #292 of 303099/5/13 at 7:40amThread Starterpost #293 of 303099/5/13 at 7:58ampost #294 of 303099/5/13 at 11:43amQuote:
I am really impressed by what you're trying to bring to the table here. Whatever I like or don't like, buy or don't buy, I am very pleased indeed that you are doing what you're doing. It makes the sartorial world a better place. I am full of admiration.post #295 of 303099/5/13 at 1:50pmpost #296 of 303099/5/13 at 2:21pmpost #297 of 303099/5/13 at 2:22pmThread Starterpost #298 of 303099/5/13 at 2:37pmpost #299 of 303099/5/13 at 3:12pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the kind words
Give or take... a short month. I've been thinking about sponsoring the "No Purchase Club - September edition"...
Unfortunately no shorts or long for the first group of suits. What is your typical jacket size / chest measurement? I can tell you the measurements and you can see if length may work for you.post #300 of 303099/5/13 at 3:15pm
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › Shortening a trench coat 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 15 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 28 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?