or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 1877

post #28141 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

Just to confirm - have you set up an appointment with us?  I just checked the calendar and didn't see any appointments about Eidos stuff, and we aren't around on the weekends (nor can we accommodate drop-ins on weekdays).  Shoot us an email at customer@nomanwalksalone.com to confirm details, but if you've already spoken to Greg and set up an appointment that I'm not seeing, feel free to ignore this. 

I did not realize an appointment was needed. Thanks for the heads up! Email sent.
post #28142 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Donegal chambray Inglese and Moonbeam Formosa.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



That shirt is gorgeous and I've been looking around for a less casual chambray. How are the sizing on these Inglese shirts? The measurements on the site make it seem like these run a bit large? Would a 39 or 40 generally equate to a medium?

 

I really like it too. It's great fabric for a casual chambray. For me, the standard 41 (my usual size) was a little tight across the shoulders and chest. I work out fairly regularly but am not swole. That one is actually MTM with a 41 collar, 42 chest and shoulders, 40 waist, and shortened sleeves.

 

Thanks, @PaintSplattered!

post #28143 of 36410

Finally getting to wear the Portuguese Flannel CPO. I loves it.

 

post #28144 of 36410
Got charged 30% of my item total in customs. Wasn't expecting that with USPS. Sucks being Canadian frown.gif.
post #28145 of 36410
@SeaJen Well that's perfect.

@Mr. Six Fit and photos are both excellent. Moonbeam!
post #28146 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Got charged 30% of my item total in customs. Wasn't expecting that with USPS. Sucks being Canadian frown.gif.

Yeah, me too. I think they've kicked it into high-gear this season.
post #28147 of 36410
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Got charged 30% of my item total in customs. Wasn't expecting that with USPS. Sucks being Canadian frown.gif.

 

Oh man - is that a mix of duties and some sort of sales tax too?  30% sounds high for duties

post #28148 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

 

Oh man - is that a mix of duties and some sort of sales tax too?  30% sounds high for duties

 

 

Sounds about the same as for Sweden, paid about 30% in customs and handling. 25% VAT and 6.5% duties, IIRC. 

post #28149 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Oh man - is that a mix of duties and some sort of sales tax too?  30% sounds high for duties

I'll look again when I get home, but it was on the pre-sale price, too which was an added blow. Oh well.
post #28150 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBrown85 View Post


I'll look again when I get home, but it was on the pre-sale price, too which was an added blow. Oh well.

 

 

Ah man, as always, sorry to hear about extra hard duties.  This is surprising to me though, as we always make it a point that the price on the customs form reflects exactly what the customer paid for the item - never more and never less, and there shouldn't be any documentation in the package that shows the original price either (except in the case of orders placed full price with a discount code).

 

I just wanted to clear this up so we can be transparent to any foreign customers that might be reading this.

post #28151 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post
 

 

 

Ah man, as always, sorry to hear about extra hard duties.  This is surprising to me though, as we always make it a point that the price on the customs form reflects exactly what the customer paid for the item - never more and never less, and there shouldn't be any documentation in the package that shows the original price either (except in the case of orders placed full price with a discount code).

 

I just wanted to clear this up so we can be transparent to any foreign customers that might be reading this.

 

 

My duties were expected, since you've been very open about this. I didn't expect that Canada would be hit as hard as Sweden though. Not very neighbourly :p 

post #28152 of 36410
I could have bough two Formosa suits without tailoring credits with the amount of duties/taxes that I paid. It is what it is.
post #28153 of 36410

:eek:

post #28154 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post


 This is surprising to me though, as we always make it a point that the price on the customs form reflects exactly what the customer paid for the item - never more and never less, and there shouldn't be any documentation in the package that shows the original price either (except in the case of orders placed full price with a discount code).


Clearly the Canadian customs folks know the difference between value and price . . .
post #28155 of 36410
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


Clearly the Canadian customs folks know the difference between value and price . . .

 

 

Sorry, the declared value(s) on the customs form will always be the final price the customer paid for each item in the order

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭