or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 1797

post #26941 of 36405
I really like Bigi ties. My new favorite. In my mind, they are worth the moderate up charge over Calabrese.
post #26942 of 36405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I really like Bigi ties. My new favorite. In my mind, they are worth the moderate up charge over Calabrese.

 

Agree.  They are great.

post #26943 of 36405
Thread Starter 

They make great ties and make ties for other brands that sell for a lot more $$ too...  

 

Some people prefer a firmer interlining, others prefer very light interlining.  Some prefer 8 cm, others 9 cm.   That's why we sell ties of different construction/style (Bigi vs Calabrese or TYT) and different widths (8, 8.5 or 9 cm).

post #26944 of 36405
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

They make great ties and make ties for other brands that sell for a lot more $$ too...  

Some people prefer a firmer interlining, others prefer very light interlining.  Some prefer 8 cm, others 9 cm.   That's why we sell ties of different construction/style (Bigi vs Calabrese or TYT) and different widths (8, 8.5 or 9 cm).

Which other companies does Bigi make for? I know one of them, but would be interested to know the full list.
post #26945 of 36405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


Which other companies does Bigi make for? I know one of them, but would be interested to know the full list.

 

That's not something I'm at discretion to disclose, as you can probably understand.   Calabrese also makes ties for very famous Italian menswear brands btw.  I can't unfortunately say what tags I saw there when visiting.   

post #26946 of 36405
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

That's not something I'm at discretion to disclose, as you can probably understand.   Calabrese also makes ties for very famous Italian menswear brands btw.  I can't unfortunately say what tags I saw there when visiting.   

No worries!
post #26947 of 36405
Thread Starter 

New Collective Action project is up - Rota trousers.   We've got olive green cavalry twill, light brown donegal in a light weight faux-tweed, and a check.   

 

Cast your vote !   You could win a pair*

 

 

 

* of trousers

post #26948 of 36405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I really like Bigi ties. My new favorite. In my mind, they are worth the moderate up charge over Calabrese.

Especially when the upcharge is usually quite moderate.

 

@gdl203 any thoughts on potentially doing an MTO style service with some of the various tie brands NMWA offers?

post #26949 of 36405
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

They make great ties and make ties for other brands that sell for a lot more $$ too...  

 

Some people prefer a firmer interlining, others prefer very light interlining.  Some prefer 8 cm, others 9 cm.   That's why we sell ties of different construction/style (Bigi vs Calabrese or TYT) and different widths (8, 8.5 or 9 cm).


Bigi is very nice as is the TYT I purchased from NMWA (which bizarrely is still available, copper herringbone).

 

 

 

I used to be fastidious about 8 versus 9 cm blade width, but now I pretty much go with anything in that range. What's wrong with a bit of variety?

post #26950 of 36405

^^ very nice jacket @TweedyProf 

post #26951 of 36405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

 

@gdl203 any thoughts on potentially doing an MTO style service with some of the various tie brands NMWA offers?

 

We are doing two custom ties trunk shows this season : Tie Your Tie (for the Nov 7 NYC trunk show) and a bespoke trunk show with Drake's at our showroom on December 5th.

post #26952 of 36405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

New Bigi cashmere. Another great deal.

 

Nice.   Is that the Eidos sport coat from last fall/winter? 

post #26953 of 36405
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

 

Nice.   Is that the Eidos sport coat from last fall/winter? 


Thanks. The photo is a little dark, but yes, the Eidos from last year.

post #26954 of 36405
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

 

We are doing two custom ties trunk shows this season : Tie Your Tie (for the Nov 7 NYC trunk show) and a bespoke trunk show with Drake's at our showroom on December 5th.

Darn my west coast geography lol.

post #26955 of 36405
Thread Starter 

The TYT custom trunk show was in San Fran a week ago.   There's just too many swatches to be able to put this up online as well.  If there's something in particular that you're looking for, we'll be happy to see if there are good swatches for that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭