Ha. I was just back there for a performance two weeks ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 1/30/15 at 3:12am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 9:01 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
Last edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 138post #2056 of 1951810/26/13 at 6:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2057 of 1951810/26/13 at 6:47pmThread StarterQuote:Thanks! I agree about the crazy tweed jacket. I think it's really coolQuote:I dunno man, I really like the envelope pockets. I think they make those coats.Quote:As unbel said, these are quite warm despite being unlined. The material is washed so fairly dense.Quote:We aren't but you should be able to do that. Sign up for UPS My choice to do it before the first delivery, or call UPSQuote:It's a "warmer" grey color but I don't see any green in it, either in person or on my screenQuote:Stitchy and DLjr already chimed in but I agree. To me that is a much easier business casual or casual coat than to wear over a suit. It would take a certain dose of swag to wear a Casentino coat with a suit in a business setting (at least in the US)Originally Posted by Newcomer
Questions vis-a-vis the LBM Casentino coats.
I am thinking hard about the Camel one. How do you think this would dress down? I feel like this can be worn as a business casual jacket, but I guess it is hard to tell without actually trying one one. The single breasted model looks like it is definitely more on the casual side of things, but it is difficult to tell.
Also, do you recommend sizing up? I am regularly around a 42R, but I am definitely a pretty athletic shaped person.post #2058 of 1951810/26/13 at 6:53pmQuote:
yah, i could see it in italy. but it would be very pitti-esque to pull that off.post #2059 of 1951810/27/13 at 12:50am
2 pairs of Vass austerity brogues arrived for me, in 43.5 and 44. Help me decide which size to keep!
44 - left foot slight heel slippage, right foot fine (right foot has higher arch than left). Both feet close laces fully.
43.5 - No heel slippage, slight V on both lace closings, toes a bit cramped when I put my weight on each foot (not painfully so, but enough to register)
What I'm afraid of is the 44 expanding a bit and getting too large. Thoughts?
post #2060 of 1951810/27/13 at 2:57ampost #2061 of 1951810/27/13 at 5:39ampost #2062 of 1951810/27/13 at 6:37amThread Starter@mezentius Tough to say but I wouldn't expect much stretching. I'd say that your decision depends on what time of the day you tried these on. If it was early morning, I'd say 44 because the pressure on the foot and toes of the 43.5 will increase slightly trough the day.
If it was late in the day, The 43.5 would work best.post #2063 of 1951810/27/13 at 7:50ampost #2064 of 1951810/27/13 at 9:11amWhich one is warmest, plan to wear it over suit
And I guess if I don't care if I want to wear it over suit or not this would be the most heavy duty stuff?
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/shop/index.php/clothing/outerwear/grey-merino-cable-lined-hooded-parka-2014.htmlpost #2065 of 1951810/27/13 at 10:22am
@gdl203 Could you bring the Ts(S) jackets, especially this one: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/shop/index.php/clothing/jackets/navy-charcoal-cut-off-two-button-jacket-1993.html , this pair of Heschung boots in sizes 9.5-10.5:http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/shop/index.php/footwear/boots/taupe-suede-malko-brogue-boot-1547.html, and the boiled wool Oliver Spencer blazer, to the trunk show, assuming that those will still be around at that time? Thanks,
Fok.post #2066 of 1951810/27/13 at 10:34am
Nice! Shoot me a PM if you ever come back that way.Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys, this was very helpful.
I would go with the 43.5. In my experience, my Vass shoes have all become less tight over time. This is just personal, anecdotal experience. My suede have not expanded, but the leather ones have, slightly. If they feel a bit tight, try wearing some thinner socks as well. That always makes a world of difference for me.
And for the final question... what color for the Casentinopost #2067 of 1951810/27/13 at 11:19ampost #2068 of 1951810/27/13 at 12:39pmpost #2069 of 1951810/27/13 at 1:56pmThread Starterpost #2070 of 1951810/27/13 at 2:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
@clee1982 the db Casentino would be the warmest of the 3 overcoats. The Esemplare parka would of course be better protection from cold, wind and rain all around. It's also longer.
How about if I just compare on the casual wear side, which would be warmer? Also just by measurement Valstar looks quite short (like your typical varsity jacket length). I just want the heavy duty stuff, riding bicycle/motorcycle is not really a concern
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 love problem solution specialist in canada~ 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › You should also growth your protein intake. 5 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 love problem solution specialist in london~ 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 love problem solution specialist in u.s.a ~ 6 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 love problem solution specialist in u.s.a ~ 6 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 love problem solution specialist in usa ~ 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...