Ha. I was just back there for a performance two weeks ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/29/14 at 8:30pm in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 11:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 11:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Need a shirt, tie, and shoes quick Last post on 10/10/12 at 2:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 138post #2056 of 1278010/26/13 at 6:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2057 of 1278010/26/13 at 6:47pmThread StarterQuote:Thanks! I agree about the crazy tweed jacket. I think it's really coolQuote:I dunno man, I really like the envelope pockets. I think they make those coats.Quote:As unbel said, these are quite warm despite being unlined. The material is washed so fairly dense.Quote:We aren't but you should be able to do that. Sign up for UPS My choice to do it before the first delivery, or call UPSQuote:It's a "warmer" grey color but I don't see any green in it, either in person or on my screenQuote:Stitchy and DLjr already chimed in but I agree. To me that is a much easier business casual or casual coat than to wear over a suit. It would take a certain dose of swag to wear a Casentino coat with a suit in a business setting (at least in the US)Originally Posted by Newcomer
Questions vis-a-vis the LBM Casentino coats.
I am thinking hard about the Camel one. How do you think this would dress down? I feel like this can be worn as a business casual jacket, but I guess it is hard to tell without actually trying one one. The single breasted model looks like it is definitely more on the casual side of things, but it is difficult to tell.
Also, do you recommend sizing up? I am regularly around a 42R, but I am definitely a pretty athletic shaped person.post #2058 of 1278010/26/13 at 6:53pmQuote:
yah, i could see it in italy. but it would be very pitti-esque to pull that off.post #2059 of 1278010/27/13 at 12:50am
2 pairs of Vass austerity brogues arrived for me, in 43.5 and 44. Help me decide which size to keep!
44 - left foot slight heel slippage, right foot fine (right foot has higher arch than left). Both feet close laces fully.
43.5 - No heel slippage, slight V on both lace closings, toes a bit cramped when I put my weight on each foot (not painfully so, but enough to register)
What I'm afraid of is the 44 expanding a bit and getting too large. Thoughts?
post #2060 of 1278010/27/13 at 2:57ampost #2061 of 1278010/27/13 at 5:39ampost #2062 of 1278010/27/13 at 6:37amThread Starter@mezentius Tough to say but I wouldn't expect much stretching. I'd say that your decision depends on what time of the day you tried these on. If it was early morning, I'd say 44 because the pressure on the foot and toes of the 43.5 will increase slightly trough the day.
If it was late in the day, The 43.5 would work best.post #2063 of 1278010/27/13 at 7:50ampost #2064 of 1278010/27/13 at 9:11amWhich one is warmest, plan to wear it over suit
And I guess if I don't care if I want to wear it over suit or not this would be the most heavy duty stuff?
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/shop/index.php/clothing/outerwear/grey-merino-cable-lined-hooded-parka-2014.htmlpost #2065 of 1278010/27/13 at 10:22am
@gdl203 Could you bring the Ts(S) jackets, especially this one: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/shop/index.php/clothing/jackets/navy-charcoal-cut-off-two-button-jacket-1993.html , this pair of Heschung boots in sizes 9.5-10.5:http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/shop/index.php/footwear/boots/taupe-suede-malko-brogue-boot-1547.html, and the boiled wool Oliver Spencer blazer, to the trunk show, assuming that those will still be around at that time? Thanks,
Fok.post #2066 of 1278010/27/13 at 10:34am
Nice! Shoot me a PM if you ever come back that way.Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys, this was very helpful.
I would go with the 43.5. In my experience, my Vass shoes have all become less tight over time. This is just personal, anecdotal experience. My suede have not expanded, but the leather ones have, slightly. If they feel a bit tight, try wearing some thinner socks as well. That always makes a world of difference for me.
And for the final question... what color for the Casentinopost #2067 of 1278010/27/13 at 11:19ampost #2068 of 1278010/27/13 at 12:39pmpost #2069 of 1278010/27/13 at 1:56pmThread Starterpost #2070 of 1278010/27/13 at 2:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
@clee1982 the db Casentino would be the warmest of the 3 overcoats. The Esemplare parka would of course be better protection from cold, wind and rain all around. It's also longer.
How about if I just compare on the casual wear side, which would be warmer? Also just by measurement Valstar looks quite short (like your typical varsity jacket length). I just want the heavy duty stuff, riding bicycle/motorcycle is not really a concern
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › CHRISTIAN KIMBER LOAFER 40 seconds ago
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › CHRISTIAN KIMBER LOAFER 4 minutes ago
- › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...