Ha. I was just back there for a performance two weeks ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 5/21/16 at 4:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:54 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 138post #2056 of 3314810/26/13 at 6:31pmpost #2057 of 3314810/26/13 at 6:47pmThread StarterQuote:Thanks! I agree about the crazy tweed jacket. I think it's really coolQuote:I dunno man, I really like the envelope pockets. I think they make those coats.Quote:As unbel said, these are quite warm despite being unlined. The material is washed so fairly dense.Quote:We aren't but you should be able to do that. Sign up for UPS My choice to do it before the first delivery, or call UPSQuote:It's a "warmer" grey color but I don't see any green in it, either in person or on my screenQuote:Stitchy and DLjr already chimed in but I agree. To me that is a much easier business casual or casual coat than to wear over a suit. It would take a certain dose of swag to wear a Casentino coat with a suit in a business setting (at least in the US)Originally Posted by Newcomer
Questions vis-a-vis the LBM Casentino coats.
I am thinking hard about the Camel one. How do you think this would dress down? I feel like this can be worn as a business casual jacket, but I guess it is hard to tell without actually trying one one. The single breasted model looks like it is definitely more on the casual side of things, but it is difficult to tell.
Also, do you recommend sizing up? I am regularly around a 42R, but I am definitely a pretty athletic shaped person.post #2058 of 3314810/26/13 at 6:53pmQuote:
yah, i could see it in italy. but it would be very pitti-esque to pull that off.post #2059 of 3314810/27/13 at 12:50am
2 pairs of Vass austerity brogues arrived for me, in 43.5 and 44. Help me decide which size to keep!
44 - left foot slight heel slippage, right foot fine (right foot has higher arch than left). Both feet close laces fully.
43.5 - No heel slippage, slight V on both lace closings, toes a bit cramped when I put my weight on each foot (not painfully so, but enough to register)
What I'm afraid of is the 44 expanding a bit and getting too large. Thoughts?
post #2060 of 3314810/27/13 at 2:57ampost #2061 of 3314810/27/13 at 5:39ampost #2062 of 3314810/27/13 at 6:37amThread Starter@mezentius Tough to say but I wouldn't expect much stretching. I'd say that your decision depends on what time of the day you tried these on. If it was early morning, I'd say 44 because the pressure on the foot and toes of the 43.5 will increase slightly trough the day.
If it was late in the day, The 43.5 would work best.post #2063 of 3314810/27/13 at 7:50ampost #2064 of 3314810/27/13 at 9:11amWhich one is warmest, plan to wear it over suit
And I guess if I don't care if I want to wear it over suit or not this would be the most heavy duty stuff?
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/shop/index.php/clothing/outerwear/grey-merino-cable-lined-hooded-parka-2014.htmlpost #2065 of 3314810/27/13 at 10:22am
@gdl203 Could you bring the Ts(S) jackets, especially this one: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/shop/index.php/clothing/jackets/navy-charcoal-cut-off-two-button-jacket-1993.html , this pair of Heschung boots in sizes 9.5-10.5:http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/shop/index.php/footwear/boots/taupe-suede-malko-brogue-boot-1547.html, and the boiled wool Oliver Spencer blazer, to the trunk show, assuming that those will still be around at that time? Thanks,
Fok.post #2066 of 3314810/27/13 at 10:34am
Nice! Shoot me a PM if you ever come back that way.Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys, this was very helpful.
I would go with the 43.5. In my experience, my Vass shoes have all become less tight over time. This is just personal, anecdotal experience. My suede have not expanded, but the leather ones have, slightly. If they feel a bit tight, try wearing some thinner socks as well. That always makes a world of difference for me.
And for the final question... what color for the Casentinopost #2067 of 3314810/27/13 at 11:19ampost #2068 of 3314810/27/13 at 12:39pmpost #2069 of 3314810/27/13 at 1:56pmThread Starterpost #2070 of 3314810/27/13 at 2:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
@clee1982 the db Casentino would be the warmest of the 3 overcoats. The Esemplare parka would of course be better protection from cold, wind and rain all around. It's also longer.
How about if I just compare on the casual wear side, which would be warmer? Also just by measurement Valstar looks quite short (like your typical varsity jacket length). I just want the heavy duty stuff, riding bicycle/motorcycle is not really a concern
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 12 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 19 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 22 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 25 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 35 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding