Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 2/11/16 at 3:17pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 95
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1412 of 3033210/14/13 at 5:45pmpost #1413 of 3033210/14/13 at 6:08pmpost #1414 of 3033210/14/13 at 6:23pmpost #1415 of 3033210/14/13 at 6:38pmpost #1416 of 3033210/14/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #1417 of 3033210/14/13 at 7:11pmThe site is looking mighty sharp, Greg. Looking forward to see what else makes it's way to the store, I really like the well curated selection of brands. The Valstar Down Filled Coats are really something else. Maybe someday I can save enough pennies to pick one up if still available.
Do you or anyone know how wet/water (thinking snow days) resistant the down coat is? I understand that Valstar prides itself in making their jackets to be at least water repellant (taken from the "Meet the Maker" video on your site ) so was curious about this coat in particular.post #1418 of 3033210/14/13 at 7:18pmThread Starter
Hi tonio - according to Valstar the wool is treated to be water-repellent. But truth be told, I haven't tried to pour a jug of water on it so I cannot conclusively say just how much it does repel water. It doesn't strike me at all as a coat I would wear under a downpour, but I would probably feel comfortable under the snow. It is a sweet jacket.
Now, I'll take the opportunity of you dropping by the thread to let you know that we will be adding for spring a brand that has been dear to both of us on the SWD side... I'm excited about that.post #1419 of 3033210/14/13 at 7:21pmpost #1420 of 3033210/14/13 at 7:22pmThread Starterpost #1421 of 3033210/14/13 at 7:25pmmade first purchase, just something small to start. lots of items to consider buying over next few months, depending on work developments-- but girlfriend really liked that she can pick most anything from your site for birthday/ xmas and have the perfect gift, which is hard to do.
Curious what the lapel measurements are on the Formosa suits-- the gray looks like a two button but assuming same cut and shape to recent photo posted of the blue suit. would be interesting to see around a 10ounce navy-but-not-black-looking-solid suit if offered in the future-- finding the perfect one of those has proved much more difficult than I imagined. hope you don't mind use of the picture, it's just too nice not to show more pix of those suits-- but if so can remove pic from post.post #1422 of 3033210/14/13 at 7:30pmThread Starterpost #1423 of 3033210/14/13 at 7:31pmQuote:
Re. the Trunk Show, we have confirmed that Kent Wang and the Hanger Project will be there in addition to NMWA, and are waiting on some other vendors. We are open to all, so if there is someone you'd like to see, tell them, and tell me, so that I can invite them, as long as we still have space availalble
you're setting us up for a NY trip aren't you . . . . FOKpost #1424 of 3033210/14/13 at 7:35pm
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 46 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pure Blue Japan 31 (pics inside) 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?