It doesn't come naturally to NY'ers exclusively.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 6/12/15 at 9:27am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 3:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 745post #11161 of 239218/30/14 at 9:17am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11162 of 239218/30/14 at 9:57amAlthough I already did my first kopping for the season, at least for me--personally--I kind of want to wait to see what all I need, and what all I want. It is a matter of limited funds for me. I do really want a chunky knit though, and it will either be the Poa, or the Gray. I am interested to see how the Poa fits on me.post #11163 of 239218/30/14 at 10:11ampost #11164 of 239218/30/14 at 10:45amStupid questions time.
1) Does Schneider tend to fit narrow? Just read in the SS thread that the Botanical shirt in size 5 is 17.5" across the shoulders, but I'm a size 4 who needs 18". (I took the "Night" shirt jacket in size 5 so I could wear something underneath. That one had raglan sleeves.) I may have to pass on Botanical.
2) Why are most of the interesting knits chunky? Are there interesting light knits we can expect? (Boiled cashmere counts.)
3) Speaking of light knits, my AW wardrobe is very short on light wool rollnecks that fit under a sportcoat. Can we expect more from Scott & Charters this season? (I find the sleeves a bit short last season, so I only bought one. Blame my shoulders.)post #11165 of 239218/30/14 at 11:24ampost #11166 of 239218/30/14 at 1:24pmpost #11167 of 239218/30/14 at 1:35pm
I just ordered the Gray Anthony sweater in Rust, and have a question for y'all. I've never owned anything in rust so I'm looking for color matching advise. Do y'all think it looks best with pants that are either (or maybe all options work) light grey, off-white, navy, or charcoal? Similarly shirts that are white, grey, or blue?post #11168 of 239218/30/14 at 3:01pmpost #11169 of 239218/30/14 at 3:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by markmiller1127
I just ordered the Gray Anthony sweater in Rust, and have a question for y'all. I've never owned anything in rust so I'm looking for color matching advise. Do y'all think it looks best with pants that are either (or maybe all options work) light grey, off-white, navy, or charcoal? Similarly shirts that are white, grey, or blue?
I think it would be difficult to go wrong with that sweater. Denim, khaki, cream, grey, green corduroy, etc. It is a great colour, and it might be my personal favourite so far. I'm just not sure that I am man enough to make this commitment. These are sweaters on a different level than I am used to. But I should decide soon. Kyle is right, these will sell.
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is the sizing for the Gray sweaters similar to the recommendations Greg posted for the "Jack" knit jacket? So, 50=M, 52=L, 54=XL? What about length and sleeve length? Should we just go with chest size?post #11170 of 239218/30/14 at 7:57pmpost #11171 of 239218/30/14 at 9:23pmpost #11172 of 239218/31/14 at 11:33ampost #11173 of 239218/31/14 at 12:18pmpost #11174 of 239218/31/14 at 1:11pmpost #11175 of 239218/31/14 at 1:45pmQuote:
Absolutely. I have had mine (black, got it from another French guy, not Greg) for a while now, and it's always my "bag of choice" as one of my carry-ons for short trips. It has laptop sleeve that you can reach from the back using a zip, and in the main compartment, it's pretty easy to throw in a full change of clothes and pair of sneakers and toiletries. And my changes of clothes are never lightweight. I'm talking a heavy sweater, middle to heavyweight jeans, and kicks (and like, a tee and underwear and some socks). With all that in there, it is pretty tight, but it works. If you are someone who packs so that everything is all nicely folded and looks photo ready, probably not enough room for you. But if you wear pretty rugged clothes, you'll be fine.
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN... 14 minutes ago
- › Ludwig Reiter Norweiger Blucher size 9.5 D (US) in Sandwood color 17 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 17 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Public School Braeburn Sneaker Size 9 23 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 23 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 25 minutes ago
- › Yanko Split Toe Blucher size 9 M (US) in Brown 29 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...