or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 702

post #10516 of 15813
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post
Cheeky bar steward question time! Is the competition code stackable with the FC code?

Nope.  But codes stack onto mark-down discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post
Ah unfortunate. I have heard reports that they fit quite big though? About a size and a half?

Also, for NYC peeps, can we schedule an appt to pop into the shop and try things on/pay in cash?

 

Buttero Tanino fit about a full size large. 

 

Happy to schedule an appt to try things on but we do not take cash payments.

post #10517 of 15813
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

That is SS15 so there's plenty of time...

shog[1].gif sucker for fun knitwear
post #10518 of 15813
So in the spirit of the recent Favorite Things competition, I thought it would be fun to pick your one favorite purchase. We have had one run of F/W and S/S, so what is your favorite thing over the past year? Only one purchase! So think hard!

For me, I am going to go with my blue linen pop-over. I absolutely love this shirt. I have worn it every single week since I got it. It is incredibly comfortable, it is different, and it makes me feel somewhat eye-talian. I know some are considered about the length (as shown in the photo below), but after the day is over, with crinkles, it really seizes up. You lose probably 3 inches in rumples. It is a great length. I could not recommend them enough!



To snag a quote from Voxy:

"I never felt ‘dressed’ in a coat-style shirt…always felt like my pecker was showing."

--Ashbel Wall (the last member of the Brooks family in Brooks Brothers management, speaking of shirts that button top to bottom, a.k.a., “coat style” versus the older popover, or “pullover,” style of shirt)
Edited by Newcomer - 8/7/14 at 7:17pm
post #10519 of 15813
I could never single out a definitive one favorite NMWA kop, but the Valve would certainly be in the running.
post #10520 of 15813
Great game, Newc.

I would have to go with my Cantarelli blue silk/linen Glencheck - a little eye-talian as Newc said and shockingly versatile. It's a beautiful summer blazer.
post #10521 of 15813
Game is not fun without pics.
post #10522 of 15813
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

I could never single out a definitive one favorite NMWA kop, but the Valve would certainly be in the running.

You know, it is hard to single out a single kop (I actually started with my Rota trew, and re-wrote), but I figure this would be helpful for people on the fence. You are a top NMWA purchaser, have multiple Formosas, Ingleses, etc... And you put the Valve jacket up there! That is some high, high, high praise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

Great game, Newc.

I would have to go with my Cantarelli blue silk/linen Glencheck - a little eye-talian as Newc said and shockingly versatile. It's a beautiful summer blazer.

Interesting choice! I have slept on the Cantarelli jackets. I can't tell you how many times I have had that one in my cart, and removed it.
post #10523 of 15813
This is another good game.

I'll play. Tomorrow when I can post some photos from the archives easily.

I may break the rules and pick one thing from FW and one from SS. Well just see.
post #10524 of 15813
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

This is another good game.

I'll play. Tomorrow when I can post some photos from the archives easily.

I may break the rules and pick one thing from FW and one from SS. Well just see.

I think we can let that pass icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #10525 of 15813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

You know, it is hard to single out a single kop (I actually started with my Rota trew, and re-wrote), but I figure this would be helpful for people on the fence. You are a top NMWA purchaser, have multiple Formosas, Ingleses, etc... And you put the Valve jacket up there! That is some high, high, high praise.

Hmm. That is a good point. But OTOH, I freaking love the Valve. I can probably say I have worn it more times than any other NMWA item I have bought. Ill make my decision in the AM.

Esemplare coat is also up there.

I love outerwear.
post #10526 of 15813
if I'm in between sizes, what size should i go for in the goldenrod swim shorts?

also, anybody who has bought them, any comments?
post #10527 of 15813
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

if I'm in between sizes, what size should i go for in the goldenrod swim shorts?

also, anybody who has bought them, any comments?


I went up a size, but I'm going to go down a size on another order. The size up is fine for the most part, a couple panicked moments happened when in the waves, but they stayed on. The size up fits my rear and thighs very well, it's just a little big in the waist.

 

EDIT: To be clear, I was between sizes and went to the larger one.


Edited by DLJr - 8/8/14 at 6:10am
post #10528 of 15813
I bought the tomato in 34, which is my standard trouser size for a 35ish inch waist. It fits on the big side, so you might not need to size up. I am going to dry them to see if they shrink a little but I doubt they will considering the fabric.

I can measure the waist of the 34 and post later if that's helpful.
post #10529 of 15813

Yup, if you're between sizes, go with the lower one for Lightning Bolt shorts

post #10530 of 15813
Favorite purchase - There are about 4-5 that are all pretty close. I'm going to go with the F/W Inis Meain pub jacket. If adding a favorite S/S is allowed, definitely the mist linen sweater.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭