sucker for fun knitwear
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 1/14/16 at 2:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 11:51 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 702post #10516 of 299128/6/14 at 5:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10517 of 299128/7/14 at 6:34pmSo in the spirit of the recent Favorite Things competition, I thought it would be fun to pick your one favorite purchase. We have had one run of F/W and S/S, so what is your favorite thing over the past year? Only one purchase! So think hard!
For me, I am going to go with my blue linen pop-over. I absolutely love this shirt. I have worn it every single week since I got it. It is incredibly comfortable, it is different, and it makes me feel somewhat eye-talian. I know some are considered about the length (as shown in the photo below), but after the day is over, with crinkles, it really seizes up. You lose probably 3 inches in rumples. It is a great length. I could not recommend them enough!
To snag a quote from Voxy:
"I never felt ‘dressed’ in a coat-style shirt…always felt like my pecker was showing."
--Ashbel Wall (the last member of the Brooks family in Brooks Brothers management, speaking of shirts that button top to bottom, a.k.a., “coat style” versus the older popover, or “pullover,” style of shirt)
Edited by Newcomer - 8/7/14 at 7:17pmpost #10518 of 299128/7/14 at 7:32pmpost #10519 of 299128/7/14 at 7:37pmpost #10520 of 299128/7/14 at 7:40pmpost #10521 of 299128/7/14 at 7:50pmQuote:
You know, it is hard to single out a single kop (I actually started with my Rota trew, and re-wrote), but I figure this would be helpful for people on the fence. You are a top NMWA purchaser, have multiple Formosas, Ingleses, etc... And you put the Valve jacket up there! That is some high, high, high praise.Quote:
Interesting choice! I have slept on the Cantarelli jackets. I can't tell you how many times I have had that one in my cart, and removed it.post #10522 of 299128/7/14 at 8:08pmpost #10523 of 299128/7/14 at 8:11pmpost #10524 of 299128/7/14 at 9:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Newcomer
You know, it is hard to single out a single kop (I actually started with my Rota trew, and re-wrote), but I figure this would be helpful for people on the fence. You are a top NMWA purchaser, have multiple Formosas, Ingleses, etc... And you put the Valve jacket up there! That is some high, high, high praise.
Hmm. That is a good point. But OTOH, I freaking love the Valve. I can probably say I have worn it more times than any other NMWA item I have bought. Ill make my decision in the AM.
Esemplare coat is also up there.
I love outerwear.post #10525 of 299128/7/14 at 9:55pmpost #10526 of 299128/8/14 at 5:37amQuote:
I went up a size, but I'm going to go down a size on another order. The size up is fine for the most part, a couple panicked moments happened when in the waves, but they stayed on. The size up fits my rear and thighs very well, it's just a little big in the waist.
EDIT: To be clear, I was between sizes and went to the larger one.
Edited by DLJr - 8/8/14 at 6:10ampost #10527 of 299128/8/14 at 6:04amI bought the tomato in 34, which is my standard trouser size for a 35ish inch waist. It fits on the big side, so you might not need to size up. I am going to dry them to see if they shrink a little but I doubt they will considering the fabric.
I can measure the waist of the 34 and post later if that's helpful.post #10528 of 299128/8/14 at 6:29ampost #10529 of 299128/8/14 at 7:56am
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...