sucker for fun knitwear
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:34 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/27/15 at 8:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 4:38 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...Last edited: 1/9/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 702post #10516 of 250048/6/14 at 5:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10517 of 250048/7/14 at 6:34pmSo in the spirit of the recent Favorite Things competition, I thought it would be fun to pick your one favorite purchase. We have had one run of F/W and S/S, so what is your favorite thing over the past year? Only one purchase! So think hard!
For me, I am going to go with my blue linen pop-over. I absolutely love this shirt. I have worn it every single week since I got it. It is incredibly comfortable, it is different, and it makes me feel somewhat eye-talian. I know some are considered about the length (as shown in the photo below), but after the day is over, with crinkles, it really seizes up. You lose probably 3 inches in rumples. It is a great length. I could not recommend them enough!
To snag a quote from Voxy:
"I never felt ‘dressed’ in a coat-style shirt…always felt like my pecker was showing."
--Ashbel Wall (the last member of the Brooks family in Brooks Brothers management, speaking of shirts that button top to bottom, a.k.a., “coat style” versus the older popover, or “pullover,” style of shirt)
Edited by Newcomer - 8/7/14 at 7:17pmpost #10518 of 250048/7/14 at 7:32pmpost #10519 of 250048/7/14 at 7:37pmpost #10520 of 250048/7/14 at 7:40pmpost #10521 of 250048/7/14 at 7:50pmQuote:
You know, it is hard to single out a single kop (I actually started with my Rota trew, and re-wrote), but I figure this would be helpful for people on the fence. You are a top NMWA purchaser, have multiple Formosas, Ingleses, etc... And you put the Valve jacket up there! That is some high, high, high praise.Quote:
Interesting choice! I have slept on the Cantarelli jackets. I can't tell you how many times I have had that one in my cart, and removed it.post #10522 of 250048/7/14 at 8:08pmpost #10523 of 250048/7/14 at 8:11pmpost #10524 of 250048/7/14 at 9:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Newcomer
You know, it is hard to single out a single kop (I actually started with my Rota trew, and re-wrote), but I figure this would be helpful for people on the fence. You are a top NMWA purchaser, have multiple Formosas, Ingleses, etc... And you put the Valve jacket up there! That is some high, high, high praise.
Hmm. That is a good point. But OTOH, I freaking love the Valve. I can probably say I have worn it more times than any other NMWA item I have bought. Ill make my decision in the AM.
Esemplare coat is also up there.
I love outerwear.post #10525 of 250048/7/14 at 9:55pmpost #10526 of 250048/8/14 at 5:37amQuote:
I went up a size, but I'm going to go down a size on another order. The size up is fine for the most part, a couple panicked moments happened when in the waves, but they stayed on. The size up fits my rear and thighs very well, it's just a little big in the waist.
EDIT: To be clear, I was between sizes and went to the larger one.
Edited by DLJr - 8/8/14 at 6:10ampost #10527 of 250048/8/14 at 6:04amI bought the tomato in 34, which is my standard trouser size for a 35ish inch waist. It fits on the big side, so you might not need to size up. I am going to dry them to see if they shrink a little but I doubt they will considering the fabric.
I can measure the waist of the 34 and post later if that's helpful.post #10528 of 250048/8/14 at 6:29ampost #10529 of 250048/8/14 at 7:56am
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › P Johnson Suit 31 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 51 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › A1923 AW15/16 ST3 DUAL ZIP SIZE 41 CULATTA/NERO 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › CARPE DIEM S23M 5 HOLE LACEUP BOOTS Size 41 (US8-8.5) 11 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015