sucker for fun knitwear
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCalabrese Napolitagged by gdl203, 6/13/14
- brandCamoshitatagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- itemCamoshita Sport Coattagged by gdl203, 6/23/14
- brandCantarellitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicDrakestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandEidos Napolitagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- topicGroup Made To Ordertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/17/15
- brandNo Man Walks Alonetagged by LA Guy, 6/13/14
- brandRotatagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Casual pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- itemRota Dress pantstagged by Murlsquirl, 4/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by gdl203, 9/24/14
- categorySuitstagged by in stitches, 5/15/15
- categoryTiestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/15/16 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ - Page 702post #10516 of 348548/6/14 at 5:38pmpost #10517 of 348548/7/14 at 6:34pmSo in the spirit of the recent Favorite Things competition, I thought it would be fun to pick your one favorite purchase. We have had one run of F/W and S/S, so what is your favorite thing over the past year? Only one purchase! So think hard!
For me, I am going to go with my blue linen pop-over. I absolutely love this shirt. I have worn it every single week since I got it. It is incredibly comfortable, it is different, and it makes me feel somewhat eye-talian. I know some are considered about the length (as shown in the photo below), but after the day is over, with crinkles, it really seizes up. You lose probably 3 inches in rumples. It is a great length. I could not recommend them enough!
To snag a quote from Voxy:
"I never felt ‘dressed’ in a coat-style shirt…always felt like my pecker was showing."
--Ashbel Wall (the last member of the Brooks family in Brooks Brothers management, speaking of shirts that button top to bottom, a.k.a., “coat style” versus the older popover, or “pullover,” style of shirt)
Edited by Newcomer - 8/7/14 at 7:17pmpost #10518 of 348548/7/14 at 7:32pmpost #10519 of 348548/7/14 at 7:37pmpost #10520 of 348548/7/14 at 7:40pmpost #10521 of 348548/7/14 at 7:50pmQuote:
You know, it is hard to single out a single kop (I actually started with my Rota trew, and re-wrote), but I figure this would be helpful for people on the fence. You are a top NMWA purchaser, have multiple Formosas, Ingleses, etc... And you put the Valve jacket up there! That is some high, high, high praise.Quote:
Interesting choice! I have slept on the Cantarelli jackets. I can't tell you how many times I have had that one in my cart, and removed it.post #10522 of 348548/7/14 at 8:08pmpost #10523 of 348548/7/14 at 8:11pmpost #10524 of 348548/7/14 at 9:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Newcomer
You know, it is hard to single out a single kop (I actually started with my Rota trew, and re-wrote), but I figure this would be helpful for people on the fence. You are a top NMWA purchaser, have multiple Formosas, Ingleses, etc... And you put the Valve jacket up there! That is some high, high, high praise.
Hmm. That is a good point. But OTOH, I freaking love the Valve. I can probably say I have worn it more times than any other NMWA item I have bought. Ill make my decision in the AM.
Esemplare coat is also up there.
I love outerwear.post #10525 of 348548/7/14 at 9:55pmpost #10526 of 348548/8/14 at 5:37amQuote:
I went up a size, but I'm going to go down a size on another order. The size up is fine for the most part, a couple panicked moments happened when in the waves, but they stayed on. The size up fits my rear and thighs very well, it's just a little big in the waist.
EDIT: To be clear, I was between sizes and went to the larger one.
Edited by DLJr - 8/8/14 at 6:10ampost #10527 of 348548/8/14 at 6:04amI bought the tomato in 34, which is my standard trouser size for a 35ish inch waist. It fits on the big side, so you might not need to size up. I am going to dry them to see if they shrink a little but I doubt they will considering the fabric.
I can measure the waist of the 34 and post later if that's helpful.post #10528 of 348548/8/14 at 6:29ampost #10529 of 348548/8/14 at 7:56ampost #10530 of 348548/8/14 at 8:21am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Looking for this YSL jean! 10 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 21 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 24 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 35 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 37 minutes ago
- › Patina on suede?! 38 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 42 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 49 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 56 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 58 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...