Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eidos Napoli - Page 373

post #5581 of 7154

Loving the fall fabrics! So much texture and depth. This new Shay car coat is amazing. Light as a feather with a slubby, dry hand, with an almost painted looking print on the inside. Unlined completely. Looks amazing over this brown Tenero SC in wool/cash

(also new for fall). 

 

PS @NickPollica tell Sarrah (assuming she has a hand in this) that the overall feel of brand (logo, new tags, nicer hangars, etc) seems much elevated and more precisely executed. Also, is the logo change permanent or just a seasonal thing? 

 

Pics to wet our insatiable appetites:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #5582 of 7154

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


It was probably just over a year ago when I saw Antonio rocking a 100% raw silk chalkstripe in navy that looked similar to an autumn/winter flannel. I've come across this chocolate primo in a similar fabric but brown, and can recall seeing it in the SS16 lookbook. Does anyone know i if this is optimised for AW or SS or if it us usable during most seasons? The navy blue one I saw Antonio wearing was worn with a turtleneck during winter.

post #5583 of 7154

That Shay car coat is fantastic. Seems like I could wear it in S. Fl. nearly year round it's sheer enough. I see it's being worn over a jacket but would it look cool being worn over a (T) shirt only like a chore coat?

 

Who will be carrying that beauty.

 

So many cool fall pieces and so many stores.

post #5584 of 7154
I'm loving the texture on these Morgan chinos (https://www.mrporter.com/en-nz/mens/eidos/morgan-slim-fit-slub-cotton-and-linen-blend-chinos/747170?ppv=2.) You can't really see it in the product shots. They're really comfortable to boot.
post #5585 of 7154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Knight View Post

Loving the fall fabrics! So much texture and depth. This new Shay car coat is amazing. Light as a feather with a slubby, dry hand, with an almost painted looking print on the inside. Unlined completely. Looks amazing over this brown Tenero SC in wool/cash
(also new for fall). 

PS @NickPollica
 tell Sarrah (assuming she has a hand in this) that the overall feel of brand (logo, new tags, nicer hangars, etc) seems much elevated and more precisely executed. Also, is the logo change permanent or just a seasonal thing? 

Pics to wet our insatiable appetites:

































That car coat fabric is a Japanese indigo cotton that is discharge printed (like vintage bandanas). We did it inside out so it felt like a lining. Really great outerwear piece for lighter climates.

Glad you like the new branding! I created it all myself from scratch and it is what we are running with from now on.
post #5586 of 7154
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximscandi View Post

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2



It was probably just over a year ago when I saw Antonio rocking a 100% raw silk chalkstripe in navy that looked similar to an autumn/winter flannel. I've come across this chocolate primo in a similar fabric but brown, and can recall seeing it in the SS16 lookbook. Does anyone know i if this is optimised for AW or SS or if it us usable during most seasons? The navy blue one I saw Antonio wearing was worn with a turtleneck during winter.

That's the exact same quality as the navy. I've worn it year round without problems. Fun fact, there are only two of those suits in the world and the other one is owned by Brad Pitt.
post #5587 of 7154

Thanks a million for you answer! That's pretty insane, I'll consider myself lucky haha.

post #5588 of 7154
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximscandi View Post

Thanks a million for you answer! That's pretty insane, I'll consider myself lucky haha.

The flipside is that that suit will literally look worse on you than on anyone else in the entire world who has it.
post #5589 of 7154
super random side note. if anyone owns this in M or L, and would consider selling it, PM me. I kick myself often for not snatching it from Haberdash before their demise.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #5590 of 7154
Quote:
Originally Posted by eighttrees View Post

I'm loving the texture on these Morgan chinos (https://www.mrporter.com/en-nz/mens/eidos/morgan-slim-fit-slub-cotton-and-linen-blend-chinos/747170?ppv=2.) You can't really see it in the product shots. They're really comfortable to boot.
What's the rise measure? I'm very interested in those chinos.
post #5591 of 7154
Mr. Porter has the measurements
post #5592 of 7154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtj48 View Post

The flipside is that that suit will literally look worse on you than on anyone else in the entire world who has it.

He actually looked horrible in it. His stylist pulled it, he wore it once and refused to send it back. Its why it wasn't in the formentera campaign.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

super random side note. if anyone owns this in M or L, and would consider selling it, PM me. I kick myself often for not snatching it from Haberdash before their demise.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Haha - I'm so glad you didn't! I cringe at this and the white and yellow version of this shirt. The factory screwed up and made the whole placket and collar white (only the collar was supposed to be white so that it looked like an actual rugby shirt). Probably my least favorite thing we've ever produced.
post #5593 of 7154
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post

He actually looked horrible in it. Was way too small. His stylist pulled it, he wore it once and refused to send it back. Its why it wasn't in the formentera campaign.
Haha - I'm so glad you didn't! I cringe at this and the white and yellow version of this shirt. The factory screwed up and made the whole placket and collar white (only the collar was supposed to be white so that it looked like an actual rugby shirt). Probably my least favorite thing we've ever produced.

ha! i do recall you saying the collar was not supposed to be white.
post #5594 of 7154
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post


Haha - I'm so glad you didn't! I cringe at this and the white and yellow version of this shirt. The factory screwed up and made the whole placket and collar white (only the collar was supposed to be white so that it looked like an actual rugby shirt). Probably my least favorite thing we've ever produced.

I really wanted the yellow version from the look book. I agree, when it came out with a white collar and placket it threw the look off completely.
post #5595 of 7154
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post


Haha - I'm so glad you didn't! I cringe at this and the white and yellow version of this shirt. The factory screwed up and made the whole placket and collar white (only the collar was supposed to be white so that it looked like an actual rugby shirt). Probably my least favorite thing we've ever produced.


Interesting. Was it supposed to have the Lupo collar? I'm having a hard time imagining splitting the placket and collar if it is a one piece like this. I actually think this shirt looks great, not just because I own it. Because of the fabric, I don't think it could have been pulled off well as a rugby shirt, which I associate with rugged, thick, piquet fabric with loud branding/numbering. I guess I like the application of the Lupo collar to a linen popover-type style. Since it was a mistake, glad I didn't pay full price! j/k shog[1].gifsatisfied.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli