or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eidos Napoli - Page 368

post #5506 of 6252

So, per my understanding, the Primo is noticeably slimmer than the other cuts (Tipo, Tenero, etc), correct?

 

There's a Primo suit that has caught my eye but I have no experience with the cut and the Tenero is about as slim as I can comfortably go in the arms and shoulders.

post #5507 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

What is "Isand" fit? Does it predate you @NickPollica?

Yep. Its Michelangelo's production of the Isaia S Body.


Primo isn't slimmer in the shoulder or arm than the Tenero - only in the waist.
post #5508 of 6252
Hey all, I hope @NickPollica doesn't mind me posting here.

There will be a GQ event at Bloomies NY. Quinton and Nick Wooster will be there. There will be music, drinks and plenty of clothes. Eidos will be giving away a gift for purchases over $450.

Once again, hope @NickPollica doesn't mind me posting here. I don't know if I'll make it, but it I do, I hope to see some of you gents.
post #5509 of 6252

Linen Ciro arrived from Napoli today, very happy with it! Will need a trip to the tailors to take in the waist and shorten the sleeves a tad. I can confirm it is the same beautiful Solbiati linen fabric as the trousers I bought from SS15 so I just luckily made myself a rad summer suit, though I'll likely wear them as separates more often.

 

 

Detail shot of the fabric. This is probably my favourite SS fabric Eidos has ever used, so far. I just love it.

 

post #5510 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Corn View Post

I just got the new "Matera" field jacket from MP3 and wow... the texture of the cotton is incredible. I feel stupid for asking this, but I'm afraid to take it out in the rain honestly; it has a hood, but will I ruin it? Would it be heretical to add storm cuffs when I shorten the sleeves? This 80 degree NY weather needs to end soon.
Let us know how rain repellant it is, if you don't mind. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #5511 of 6252
X-post from NMWA...Regretting not having someone snap solo pictures where it's not pulling slightly, but the Ciro cream silk DJ in its natural habitat: a villa wedding on Lake Como.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #5512 of 6252
^^thats lots of win right there
post #5513 of 6252
my primo isn't that much slimmer than my tenero. shoulder is the same, arm is the same, waist might be a little slimmer. pants seem to be the same? fwiw, i have 2 suits in 52 and 2 jackets -- a tipo jacket, a balthazar jacket, a tenero suit and now a primo suit.

the tenero and the primo are the slimmest, but i like the button stance and overall 'length' of appearance. i had my tipo nipped in at the waist. my least favorite fit is definitely the balthazar -- to me it lacks the elegance of the tipo and the tenero. i would not have changed the size on any of them. I don't know if that makes me unusual?

because i not not a baller, all 4 came from ebay.

the balthazar is a 3 season grey w/ subtle red plaid.

the tipo is a 3 season blue overcheck.

the tenero suit is an awesome brown/slight black super subtle check in a f/w wool/cashmere. i believe no man had matching pants in the sal cut.

the primo is a s/s navy pow.

my only issue with eidos at all is that i wish the standard pant was a higher rise. i think it'd suit the styling better.
post #5514 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Hey all, I hope @NickPollica doesn't mind me posting here.

There will be a GQ event at Bloomies NY. Quinton and Nick Wooster will be there. There will be music, drinks and plenty of clothes. Eidos will be giving away a gift for purchases over $450.

Once again, hope @NickPollica doesn't mind me posting here. I don't know if I'll make it, but it I do, I hope to see some of you gents.

when??
post #5515 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post

when??
It was today, sorry for not being specific.
post #5516 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyDumb View Post

Linen Ciro arrived from Napoli today, very happy with it! Will need a trip to the tailors to take in the waist and shorten the sleeves a tad. I can confirm it is the same beautiful Solbiati linen fabric as the trousers I bought from SS15 so I just luckily made myself a rad summer suit, though I'll likely wear them as separates more often.


Detail shot of the fabric. This is probably my favourite SS fabric Eidos has ever used, so far. I just love it.


Awesome man.

You know, if I didn't have a linen silk shawl lapel Ciro DJ on preorder from NMWA for spring, I'd be all over the one he's got in my size...

Ahh well, I guess I will be patient.
post #5517 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post

Let us know how rain repellant it is, if you don't mind. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Its not treated in any way, just really really tightly woven (as is all sateen). This means you'll be good in a drizzle, not a downpour.
post #5518 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

my primo isn't that much slimmer than my tenero. shoulder is the same, arm is the same, waist might be a little slimmer. pants seem to be the same? fwiw, i have 2 suits in 52 and 2 jackets -- a tipo jacket, a balthazar jacket, a tenero suit and now a primo suit.

the tenero and the primo are the slimmest, but i like the button stance and overall 'length' of appearance. i had my tipo nipped in at the waist. my least favorite fit is definitely the balthazar -- to me it lacks the elegance of the tipo and the tenero. i would not have changed the size on any of them. I don't know if that makes me unusual?

because i not not a baller, all 4 came from ebay.

the balthazar is a 3 season grey w/ subtle red plaid.

the tipo is a 3 season blue overcheck.

the tenero suit is an awesome brown/slight black super subtle check in a f/w wool/cashmere. i believe no man had matching pants in the sal cut.

the primo is a s/s navy pow.

my only issue with eidos at all is that i wish the standard pant was a higher rise. i think it'd suit the styling better.


When people speak about the different models they are only referring to the jacket. 90% of suits get the UAB pant. Oddly enough, the model trouser is one of our best selling items on its own. The pant model you are looking for exists...its called the NMWA and its only available through Greg.
post #5519 of 6252
@mossrockss Mitch you had that tan wool/hemp at one point, right? What did you think of it? Texture looks gorgeous but I was bummed when I missed out on the raw silk at Haberdash so I'm stuck between the two.
post #5520 of 6252
@NickPollica Antonio, what's the difference between the current Eidos x NMWA suit pants and the suit pants offered with your first F/W NMWA collection? I bought the navy herringbone suit in 12oz wool in 2014 and am looking to get another F/W suit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli