or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eidos Napoli - Page 361

post #5401 of 6252
does anyone own the silk hopsack navy blazer? super sheeny/what's the texture like?
post #5402 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post


That's a great looking boot. How would you say sizing compares to some popular SF brands such as Alden Barrie (I'm an 8 US), Common Projects (41), your Aperture Sneakers (41.5), Carmina (7UK), Loake (7 UK)' etc.?


Thank you for the kind words. So these fit to size and everyone in store has taken their size. You have to consider that the are mostly unlined and a looser fitting boot, but just so comfortable. I cannot compare to those other pairs because this is a very different construction to everything you mentioned.  It's hand-cut suede on a crepe sole. 

 

I'm a 41 and I wear 41 in these, but I wear 40 in the Aperture you mentioned. 

 

They are a beautiful looser fitting boot. Good for transitioning from the summer. Go for your size. Exchanges if needed.

post #5403 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKimber View Post


Thank you for the kind words. So these fit to size and everyone in store has taken their size. You have to consider that the are mostly unlined and a looser fitting boot, but just so comfortable. I cannot compare to those other pairs because this is a very different construction to everything you mentioned.  It's hand-cut suede on a crepe sole. 

I'm a 41 and I wear 41 in these, but I wear 40 in the Aperture you mentioned. 

Christian should I size up or down if in between sizes?
post #5404 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post


Christian should I size up or down if in between sizes?


Size down, So if you're 9.5US, hit 9US with my kit.

post #5405 of 6252
Wooow,the armholes/shoulders area of the Balthazar are way too tight on me,every else fits perfect. I hope a tailor can fix this or i be forced to return 3 recently bought items, I miss you Tipo.confused.gif
post #5406 of 6252
@daddyblitz - that might be a difficult and costly venture depending on your tailor. Can you exchange them for a size up and then have your tailor take the jackets in?
post #5407 of 6252
I bealive i purchased the biggest size 54R :/ i did
see some prices for that $60-70 !
post #5408 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyblitz View Post

Wooow,the armholes/shoulders area of the Balthazar are way too tight on me,every else fits perfect. I hope a tailor can fix this or i be forced to return 3 recently bought items, I miss you Tipo.confused.gif

Thats very interesting because the pattern for the balthazar and tipo are exactly the same everywhere except the back length and the lapel shape.
post #5409 of 6252
Exactly,is the sizing on the suits and sc the same,because I am comparing my Tipo sc in 54R to a Balthazar suit in 54R...
post #5410 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyblitz View Post

Exactly,is the sizing on the suits and sc the same,because I am comparing my Tipo sc in 54R to a Balthazar suit in 54R...

There should be no difference.
post #5411 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

does anyone own the silk hopsack navy blazer? super sheeny/what's the texture like?

If you're talking about this hospack jacket, I purchased this morning in eBay. Just take my Eidos jackets normal size (48us) but according to the online measures, I'm afraid could be small. If you want can post pics when received it
post #5412 of 6252
Well thats weird ...I will go to the store and try another one beacuse the one i received fits like a 52R...thank for the clarification.
post #5413 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

does anyone own the silk hopsack navy blazer? super sheeny/what's the texture like?

The silk hopsack is very "dry," not much sheen to it at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post

Thats very interesting because the pattern for the balthazar and tipo are exactly the same everywhere except the back length and the lapel shape.
Were the lapels slimmed down or what? I have all Tipos thus far and am looking for its heir apparent...
post #5414 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post

The silk hopsack is very "dry," not much sheen to it at all.
Were the lapels slimmed down or what? I have all Tipos thus far and am looking for its heir apparent...

The balthazar is 1cm shorter in the body with a slightly narrower, bellied lapel and a two button closure. Its basically the Isaia Gregory and it existed well before I started. I made the tipo longer with a better lapel but it just didn't sell at full retail. I fought with every store about it for two years and finally gave in. The tenero has the same lapel as the tipo - its just 1 cm shorter, unlined with a completely soft shoulder. I think its the most versatile model we make.
post #5415 of 6252

Speaking of balthazar, all of the extra Bloomingdale's promotions are hard to pass up. The blue windowpane has a few common sizes left, and is much nicer than in the harsh light of the online photos. 

 

 

 

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/eidos-windowpane-slim-fit-sport-coat?ID=1623788&CategoryID=#fn=ppp%3D180%26spp%3D3%26sp%3D1%26rid%3D111|BOOST%20SAVED%20SET%26spc%3D41%26rsid%3Dundefined%26cm_kws%3Deidos%20%26pn%3D1|0|3|41

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli