or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eidos Napoli - Page 331

post #4951 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Parenti View Post

Name calling aside, I think all those posts are pretty unfair and a bit childish. I was there this afternoon for a solid 45 minutes digging through all the great finds, the entire time Grahame was working with/conversing with another customer. If I had any questions, I would have pardoned my interruption and asked, rather than whined about it on an internet forum afterwards. Granted, that customer was also looking to buy tons of stuff - a bit more important than someone like me looking to see how little I can spend. I don't take it personally.

As far as the overall quantity of items available, sure, there weren't tons of sportcoats/suits but from what was available, they were beautiful pieces. The shirt selection was outstanding as well as the sweaters, knits, and bottoms. Could've pulled the trigger on a few SCs but I opted for a Lupo, Dickie, and a really great tie. A lot more damage could have been done but I thought it was a great selection for a sample sale considering the breadth and scope of Eidos, also seeing as they were all, for the most part, actual samples.

Odd question, did they mark the tags? It kind of bothers me irrationally when that is done.
post #4952 of 6237
If anyone sees anything in my size at the sample sale that they think is right up my alley let me know lol

Y'all know my style

I'm M in knits but 52 in tailored. 16/41 in shirts.
post #4953 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

If anyone sees anything in my size at the sample sale that they think is right up my alley let me know lol

Y'all know my style

I'm M in knits but 52 in tailored. 16/41 in shirts.

fight[1].gif
post #4954 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by super1flavor View Post

I'm more upset with the pansies on this forum, which has been a problem not only for me, but for many and for many years. The irony is, this always happens when I try to be helpful. Never do I have these types arguments in real life, but for whatever reason, it happens all the time on here. It's like these dudes know exactly what I am saying, but troll for the fun of it. Personally, I think they know if they fuck with me and people like me on these forums, it riles us up. I fall for the trap every time and they love it. I'm now on to it. 

Log off
post #4955 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post

fight[1].gif
In reality I am broke after the NMWA preorder so don't worry bruh
post #4956 of 6237
@NickPollica - well done on taking the high road.

Back to regular programming..
post #4957 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

In reality I am broke after the NMWA preorder so don't worry bruh

Same here... between the NMWA preorder and picking up some last sale items at Coachman, my bank account is all Eidos'ed out for the moment...
post #4958 of 6237
Ok, as someone who goes to each of these, I can say there wasn't as much Eidos as there typically is. With that said, there were some very nice pieces there. My only bone of contention is that most of the items I like have functional cuffs.

Eidos prices are pretty good, comparable to Bloomies "fire sale"

There is a bunch of Isaia stuff.
post #4959 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Ok, as someone who goes to each of these, I can say there wasn't as much Eidos as there typically is. With that said, there were some very nice pieces there. My only bone of contention is that most of the items I like have functional cuffs.

Eidos prices are pretty good, comparable to Bloomies "fire sale"

There is a bunch of Isaia stuff.

Were you treated well by Isaia intern? peepwall[1].gif
post #4960 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Were you treated well by Isaia intern? peepwall[1].gif

I know a few of the staff members of both Isaia and the sample sale, as a whole, so it is always a rather pleasant experience. And to answer your question directly, I usually peruse on my own, as I am familiar with both Eidos and isaia. I didn't need assistance, except my wife's approval on color choices.
post #4961 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyDumb View Post


Same here... between the NMWA preorder and picking up some last sale items at Coachman, my bank account is all Eidos'ed out for the moment...

 

Soo I spoke too soon... Picked up this 65% hemp 35% linen beauty from Burrows earlier today. It was sold as separates so luckily I could get the jacket in a 54 and trousers in 50. The trews are a bit slim in the legs for my liking, but my tailor will let them about a bit to fix this. Normally I wear trousers in a 52 and get the waist taken in, but there was no 52 available and I needed to complete this perfect summer suit!

 

post #4962 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Ok, as someone who goes to each of these, I can say there wasn't as much Eidos as there typically is. With that said, there were some very nice pieces there. My only bone of contention is that most of the items I like have functional cuffs.

Eidos prices are pretty good, comparable to Bloomies "fire sale"

There is a bunch of Isaia stuff.

Anything in EU46/US36?
post #4963 of 6237

I have the trousers and regret sleeping on the jacket with patch pockets from Lawrence Covell, if the person who got the 40/50 SC is on here and don't want it anymore, drop me a PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyDumb View Post
 

 

Soo I spoke too soon... Picked up this 65% hemp 35% linen beauty from Burrows earlier today. It was sold as separates so luckily I could get the jacket in a 54 and trousers in 50. The trews are a bit slim in the legs for my liking, but my tailor will let them about a bit to fix this. Normally I wear trousers in a 52 and get the waist taken in, but there was no 52 available and I needed to complete this perfect summer suit!

 

 

I have the trousers and regret sleeping on the jacket with patch pockets from Lawrence Covell, if the person who got the 40/50 SC is on here and regret it, drop me a PM!

post #4964 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyDumb View Post



Damn, I wish Eidos tailoring fit me just as great as it does on you. I lift, and I'm not even really buff, and the shoulders and sleeves are all wrong on me, unfortunately. At this point, I'm just resigned to their non-tailored pieces that are much more forgiving.
post #4965 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyDumb View Post

Soo I spoke too soon... Picked up this 65% hemp 35% linen beauty from Burrows earlier today. It was sold as separates so luckily I could get the jacket in a 54 and trousers in 50. The trews are a bit slim in the legs for my liking, but my tailor will let them about a bit to fix this. Normally I wear trousers in a 52 and get the waist taken in, but there was no 52 available and I needed to complete this perfect summer suit!



That fit looks killer on you. I need to get to Burrows at some point to figure out my Eidos sizing.

Edit- assuming you are west of GTA? Curious if you have a tailor recommendation?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli