or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eidos Napoli - Page 263

post #3931 of 6235
The leather used in the army boot isn't like any of the grain leathers I've handled. It is extremely soft and pliable. The finish on my pair is excellent. The welt is a little more sloppy than I'm used to but not enough for me to complain. I don't even know if it was intentional because the overall look and feel is cohesive.

I've handled Carmina with better finishing, and I've handled Carmina with much, much, much worse finishing. The last they use, however, is more comfortable for me than any of the Carmina lasts I've tried (Rain, Inca, Forest) and reminds me of Vass' U last, but with softer lines and an easier to fit toe box.

I think the idea here though is that this is a comfortable casual dress boot.




Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLinStyle View Post

post #3932 of 6235
how does the fit compare with barrie last?
post #3933 of 6235
X-Post from the HOF thread. This might be my most complimented jacket.


Details (Click to show)



SC: Eidos blue gun club
Trousers: Eidos navy flannel
post #3934 of 6235
Quote:
Originally Posted by soaped View Post

The leather used in the army boot isn't like any of the grain leathers I've handled. It is extremely soft and pliable. The finish on my pair is excellent. The welt is a little more sloppy than I'm used to but not enough for me to complain. I don't even know if it was intentional because the overall look and feel is cohesive.

I've handled Carmina with better finishing, and I've handled Carmina with much, much, much worse finishing. The last they use, however, is more comfortable for me than any of the Carmina lasts I've tried (Rain, Inca, Forest) and reminds me of Vass' U last, but with softer lines and an easier to fit toe box.

I think the idea here though is that this is a comfortable casual dress boot.




I haven't tried this particular one, but the chukka I tried on isdefinitely on the narrow side in the toebox for me, surprisingly you say it's the other way around
post #3935 of 6235
Quote:
Originally Posted by soaped View Post

Yes, I took a 9UK and am mostly a 10US. The leather is extremely soft on both pairs, especially the Army Boot which came as a pleasant surprise.

 

Would you say that the toe box on these is more or less generous than the toe box on Carmin's Rain last? I'm thinking of snagging a pair of chukkas, and just want to make sure they're gonna fit my toes. I have a pair of suede jodhpurs on the Rain that started out somewhat snug, but broke in really well after about a week and now fit me really comfortably.

post #3936 of 6235
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

how does the fit compare with barrie last?

Less room in toe box, slightly longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

I haven't tried this particular one, but the chukka I tried on isdefinitely on the narrow side in the toebox for me, surprisingly you say it's the other way around

I hate giving sizing advice because everybody's feet are different. My observation is that although they are on a chiseled last the leather is generally very soft and the box is elongated to somewhat alleviate this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post

Would you say that the toe box on these is more or less generous than the toe box on Carmin's Rain last? I'm thinking of snagging a pair of chukkas, and just want to make sure they're gonna fit my toes. I have a pair of suede jodhpurs on the Rain that started out somewhat snug, but broke in really well after about a week and now fit me really comfortably.

Based on memory I would say they fit similarly. I generally stay away from chiseled lasts because of the narrow toe boxes.

Most of my shoes are Vass and I take a 43 in Vass F, 43.5 in Vass U, and these fit like the Vass U last in 43.5 for me. I cant wear a 43 U Last because my toes yell mercy (this is based on standard widths).
Edited by soaped - 2/24/16 at 9:18pm
post #3937 of 6235

I received the Eidos/Kimber chocolate suede/canvas chukkas yesterday, and I really like them.  The suede quality is very good- not super plush, but quite supple.  The fit is spot on for me.  I have a slightly wide foot with a mildly high instep- for reference, I ordered 9 UK in these, and I wear 9.5 standard in Alden Barrie (fits a bit big), 43 in Vass F, 9F in EG 82, 9F in GG TG73 (somewhere between 9E and 9F in TH71).

 

post #3938 of 6235
Quote:
Originally Posted by soaped View Post


Less room in toe box, slightly longer.
I hate giving sizing advice because everybody's feet are different. My observation is that although they are on a chiseled last the leather is generally very soft and the box is elongated to somewhat alleviate this.
Based on memory I would say they fit similarly. I generally stay away from chiseled lasts because of the narrow toe boxes.

Most of my shoes are Vass and I take a 43 in Vass F, 43.5 in Vass U, and these fit like the Vass U last in 43.5 for me. I cant wear a 43 U Last because my toes yell mercy (this is based on standard widths).

 

Thanks!

post #3939 of 6235
Looks awesome. This is Tipo, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

X-Post from the HOF thread. This might be my most complimented jacket.

Details (Click to show)



SC: Eidos blue gun club
Trousers: Eidos navy flannel
post #3940 of 6235
@MTLinStyle

Yep, good eye. Most complimented jacket by far. I think the gun check pattern is the easiest to work with stylistically.
post #3941 of 6235
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAN View Post

Anyone have their CKxE order cancelled because they ran out of the size you ordered? For reference I ordered 8 days ago, and just today they told me the size I ordered is gone. I also live in Australia, but it's taken so long to ship my order.

I have. Was disappointed as I was going for the chukka's in a size that has evaded me all season and went the purchase went through I thought they were finally mine (even had shipping notification ready), but then Christian contacted me with the unfortunate news that they were oversold. Gotta say though, he was sincere and tried to make something else work out, but everything else was unavailable in my size too or just not what I was looking for. That sucks when that happens with a vendor and its happened to me a handful of times now, but I know shit happens. Sounds like he is running the operations by himself right now and the Passport sale just overwhelmed him with orders and inventory. That's obviously good news for him and the brand, but stinks for the consumer with more people to compete with for sizing mad.gif
post #3942 of 6235
X-post from the WAYWT thread. All Eidos up top. Billy Reid and Meermin on bottom.



post #3943 of 6235
mossrockss looking good my man.
post #3944 of 6235


Mitch that raglan coat is fantastic. Super jealous you snagged a cardigan as well.

post #3945 of 6235
.
Edited by jdrizzy - 2/25/16 at 6:59pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli