I liken it to buttoning the top two buttons on a 3/2 roll jacket - people do it but you lose the charm of the silhouette. You want that placket line to form a long roll, not an angular, sharp pull.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:40 am in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 10:35 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 5:04 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Eidos Napoli - Page 256post #3826 of 62352/12/16 at 9:31ampost #3827 of 62352/12/16 at 10:00amQuote:
Ahhh, good to know. I'm about to pull the trigger, just have heard from literally everybody else to get it in size 50 lol. The one I'm about to get ( at AK Rikks in MI) is not belted. My buddy Adam who is my connection there is probably super annoyed with me as I make him measure them each and I keep waffling back and forth, lol.
I've decided to go with my normal size after comparing measurements with my other outerwear. Thanks for your input!post #3828 of 62352/12/16 at 10:05amQuote:
Oh i see, it's cinched, not belted. derp. my brain obviously did not process that correctlypost #3829 of 62352/12/16 at 11:07amOn the subject of Lupos, I own this season's burgundy version in a size large and can attest it fits slim (I typically take a size small in most brands, medium in slimmer fitting Euro brands or Japanese brands). I ended up with a large for the proper fit, still slim, but not sausage casing slim like the small or overly constricting like the medium was. I did try the small in last year's version and recall it fit similarly to the Large from this season (maybe slightly smaller) from memory though I didn't pick the old one up for some reason. Now that I figured out my sizing in this style, I am wishing I would have been able to get more, I like the style.
Speaking of which, I do have a BNWT medium burgundy Lupo that I am going to be returning this weekend, unless one of you fellow Eidos fans wants it at the nice deal that I picked it up for. I'm also likely going to be listing a size medium basketweave cardigan from last FW15 in B&S soon. If any of you are interested, in these feel free to PM.
EDIT: I also will be returning an awesome pair of Eidos x Kimber Suede Chukka Boot in Chocolate in a size UK 7.5 this weekend as well. These things are phenomenal but unfortunately don't fit my feet that well, a bit too narrow for me. I scored a great deal on these as well that I'd be happy to pass along. I've had my eyes on these all season and have not seen it drop in price anywhere except sporadically during Christmas/Black Friday and even then it wasn't that significant a savings. If you want a good deal, get in touch. If they fit me like I was hoping I'd already be wearing the heck out of them as they are awesome.
Edited by tonio028 - 2/12/16 at 11:56ampost #3830 of 62352/12/16 at 12:47pm
THis is helpful. I am also 5'10" but a bit heavier and typically wear 54R jackets since I need 19" between shoulder seams. There is no way i could fit into Lupo size L, would I need XL or XXL?
Does anyone have mesurement for Lupo in XL or XXL?
Quote:post #3831 of 62352/12/16 at 1:38pmpost #3832 of 62352/12/16 at 1:59pmpost #3833 of 62352/12/16 at 2:04pmpost #3834 of 62352/12/16 at 2:17pmpost #3835 of 62352/12/16 at 2:23pmpost #3836 of 62352/12/16 at 3:11pmpost #3837 of 62352/12/16 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by NickPollica
I'm incredibly biased about what to look out for as I designed the collection and think its all great. One thing that we did really well with that will be available this season only is our "Dickie" shirt. Its a version of the woven lupo shirt the armoury offered the first spring but with a full placket, short sleeves and a mitred, extended waistband style hem. Full disclosure - The style is 100% lifted from Dickie Greenleaf's two tone Janzen beach shirt in The Talented Mr. Ripley.
I really love the "stories" put together on ediosnapoli.com . Only suggestion would be to add captions to the images so I know how to describe the item I'm looking for when searching various retailers.B&S (Click to show)I picked up a number of shirts and a pair of pants at SF Bloomingdales, put up a few that didn't work out on B&S.post #3838 of 62352/12/16 at 7:11pmpost #3839 of 62352/12/16 at 9:52pmpost #3840 of 62352/13/16 at 4:13am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › WestWorld 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway