or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eidos Napoli - Page 252

post #3766 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice View Post

I have the white and sky blue Lupos. I`m still on the hunt for a Large navy Lupo. Unfortunately, I ordered one in olive from Bloomingdales a few days ago and there was a small tear where the thread connected the bottom part of the mitered placket, so I sent it back. I had this happen with the sky blue as well, except it happened after I purchased it, but got it tailored and has been fine since. I`m thinking that the version 1 of the polos pre-mitered placket didn't have this issue as it didn't try to connect that thick chunk of fabric at the end of placket, it was just flat and square with no extra piece to thread to. Has anyone else had this problem with their Lupos?

Hey Vice, sorry to hear about the tear in the olive Lupo's placket. I haven't had this with any of mine (they all have the separate "chunk" at the bottom). Were you able to get it replaced? I love the olive color, so far this one is getting the most use. Also have an olive Camica polo too. Where did you happen to source the sky blue Lupo, and do you know if the store has more? Thanks!
post #3767 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





All above are from Bloomingdales.com



All three are from nmwa, off to tailoring it goes.


Wow!!! When they come back from the tailor, please post some "in-the-wild" photos of these beauties, sir! Nice catches icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3768 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

All above are from Bloomingdales.com

All three are from nmwa, off to tailoring it goes.

Awesome haul dude. I know that you also picked up other non-tailoring, I am mega impressed and jealous. Also mad because I was hoping that glen plaid suit from NMWA would just sit there for a few months until I had the cash, but we're th same size.

Let me know what you're interested in so I have a head start, can save, and beat you to the punch next season! Lol
post #3769 of 6240
Looks like the belted cardigan made GQ's instagram.
post #3770 of 6240
GQ going and ruining my cardigan that only just came in
post #3771 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post


Hey Vice, sorry to hear about the tear in the olive Lupo's placket. I haven't had this with any of mine (they all have the separate "chunk" at the bottom). Were you able to get it replaced? I love the olive color, so far this one is getting the most use. Also have an olive Camica polo too. Where did you happen to source the sky blue Lupo, and do you know if the store has more? Thanks!


No, I just simply sent it back. I also noticed this time around that this season's polos were a bit tighter. I got the Large and on the tag in past seasons it had "L", but on these it had "50", which from seeing other fit guides is the same thing. 

 

I got the white lupo (pre-mitered placket) in fall 2014 from Bloomingdales. The sky blue I got somewhere between february/march of 2015, from Haberdashmen. 

post #3772 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post


Thanks, mossrockss. As I mentioned, keeping an eye (and ear) out. Got three Camicia polos also, I love the waffle knit texture.

Saw a pink one at SF Bloomingdales, not sure if it was short or long sleeved though.  Just bought the forrest green for myself, though may try to exchange for the olive/army green.

post #3773 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

Awesome haul dude. I know that you also picked up other non-tailoring, I am mega impressed and jealous. Also mad because I was hoping that glen plaid suit from NMWA would just sit there for a few months until I had the cash, but we're th same size.

Let me know what you're interested in so I have a head start, can save, and beat you to the punch next season! Lol
Hey I am doing few mto through nmwa when they open Up next week est so no worries biggrin.gif
post #3774 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice View Post


No, I just simply sent it back. I also noticed this time around that this season's polos were a bit tighter. I got the Large and on the tag in past seasons it had "L", but on these it had "50", which from seeing other fit guides is the same thing. 

I got the white lupo (pre-mitered placket) in fall 2014 from Bloomingdales. The sky blue I got somewhere between february/march of 2015, from Haberdashmen. 

Vice, thanks for letting me know. I got into Eidos (well, more like dived head first) in the past year, I'm only familiar with the current placket on the Lupos. All my Lupos are size 48/M, and I've noticed a bit of difference in the sizing. Six of them feel just fine, a little bit of space, I can wear an undershirt if I need an extra layer. The seventh, a burgundy, is actually much more form fitting, no room for anything underneath, and a few extra pounds on my frame would be noticeable. Maybe this is all part of the experience of wearing hand-made clothing?
post #3775 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB View Post

Saw a pink one at SF Bloomingdales, not sure if it was short or long sleeved though.  Just bought the forrest green for myself, though may try to exchange for the olive/army green.

Thanks for the heads-up, JIMB. Olive is awesome and very versatile! I don't have a forrest green or pink, I may give SF Bloomies a call...
wink.gif
post #3776 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post


Vice, thanks for letting me know. I got into Eidos (well, more like dived head first) in the past year, I'm only familiar with the current placket on the Lupos. All my Lupos are size 48/M, and I've noticed a bit of difference in the sizing. Six of them feel just fine, a little bit of space, I can wear an undershirt if I need an extra layer. The seventh, a burgundy, is actually much more form fitting, no room for anything underneath, and a few extra pounds on my frame would be noticeable. Maybe this is all part of the experience of wearing hand-made clothing?

 

FWIW I have a few longsleeve Lupos from SS15 and the one I have from FW15 (also burgundy) is noticeably slimmer than the others - even though they're all XLs.

post #3777 of 6240
Today's Eidos:

wink.gif
Found this at an estate sale. Ashamed to say that, without the brand, I would have been clueless as to its significance.
post #3778 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post

Today's Eidos:


Found this at an estate sale. Ashamed to say that, without the brand, I would have been clueless as to its significance.
That is a great piece.

Some day soon I'll post the Lupo that I got at The Armoury.
post #3779 of 6240

Hey all - if I need around a 20.5-21" inch waist should I go 52 for a sport coat? Or how much fabrics do the 50 have to let out in the waist?  A 50 is probably better on the shoulder according to measurements, but concerned about the lack of material to let out.

post #3780 of 6240
Anyone found the basketweave shawl cardigan fit slim and on the small size? I am a 48 and the model wearing the medium looks a little cropped at the waist and sleeves.

I might as well link the cardigan I am viewing:
http://www.lawrencecovell.com/eidos-basketweave-shawl-cardigan-51354

I think this one was mentioned once in the thread but the description says it is wool and 'fits slim'. I did a search here and the cardigan seems to vary slightly from season to season. Just in case anyone else was interested since I am unfamiliar with sizing and indecisive. At least if it is gone I don't have to think about it shog[1].gif
Edited by gettoasty - 2/7/16 at 1:31am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli