or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eidos Napoli - Page 217

post #3241 of 6703
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post


Only a handful of specialty stores. Off hand, Garmany in Red Bank, NJ has it this season but is switching to the Nero (same fit, 1.5 CM shorter) in future seasons. Will check today and post. I know Blommingdales NYC still has a good amount of our basic navy and basic gray suits in the tipo cut from last season. If you are interested I'm sure Marc Etlin would help you track them down in your size. Sadly, the reality is that almost every retailer has said the Tipo is too long.


I was just in GotStyle in Toronto and they had a bunch of Tipo jackets and suits.

post #3242 of 6703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post

Not a fan of popping the FJ collar? Looks great by the way.
@WillingToLearn

Unfortunately, I've found the FJ collar to be a bit flimsy for maximum popping effectiveness (MPE). Wish it had some sort of leather/suede collar band or something to give it some support when popped. One side usually ends up falling down in a matter of seconds. This is true even when I have a shawl collar on. Still love the jacket though.
post #3243 of 6703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chambertin View Post


I was just in GotStyle in Toronto and they had a bunch of Tipo jackets and suits.
I wish they would post everything online. Seems to be the case with a lot of Eidos retailers...
post #3244 of 6703
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post

Unfortunately, I've found the FJ collar to be a bit flimsy for maximum popping effectiveness (MPE). Wish it had some sort of leather/suede collar band or something to give it some support when popped. One side usually ends up falling down in a matter of seconds. This is true even when I have a shawl collar on. Still love the jacket though.
Interesting. What material is yours?
post #3245 of 6703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post

I wish they would post everything online. Seems to be the case with a lot of Eidos retailers...

Yes. Only a few retailers do good job.
post #3246 of 6703
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post

Unfortunately, I've found the FJ collar to be a bit flimsy for maximum popping effectiveness (MPE). Wish it had some sort of leather/suede collar band or something to give it some support when popped. One side usually ends up falling down in a matter of seconds. This is true even when I have a shawl collar on. Still love the jacket though.
I have this problem, but mine is linen (and still mega awesome)
post #3247 of 6703
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post

One side usually ends up falling down in a matter of seconds.

As awful as the word has become to use now, that's sprezzatura. Put the collar up once and forget about it.
post #3248 of 6703
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post

As awful as the word has become to use now, that's sprezzatura. Put the collar up once and forget about it.

That's what I end up doing. I'm so Italianate. shog[1].gif
post #3249 of 6703
Showing off a few new Eidos threads…

Brown DB silk sport jacket (Bloomingdales), teal Lupo (Gentry's)…
Eidos Brown DB jacket, Teal Lupo

Just got back from the tailor's, hand-sewn buttonholes…
Eidos Brown DB, sewn buttonholes

And this gorgeous grey herringbone ulster (NMWA).
Eidos Grey Herringbone Ulster


I'm looking forward to winter biggrin.gif
post #3250 of 6703
Can't wait to pick up the DB shawl collar DJ from the SS16 collection icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3251 of 6703
Any have experience with the high rised Sal Trousers? How does your waist measurement correspond? My waist at the hips measures roughly 33 inches, maybe slightly less and I'm wondering whether the 46 would work.
post #3252 of 6703
Hi guys - seeking help. Search function is failing me at this point .

Looking to pick up some Eidos suits and sport coats

Does anyone have a good stockist they recommend (aside from NMWA and AK Rikks..).

Especially if you have a style/sale associate at Nordstroms or Bloomingdales in NY or San Fran who knows the Eidos models well and you wouldn't mind sharing me their contact info - that would be great and much appreciated. PM would be best

Thanks in advance

R
post #3253 of 6703
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnguy001 View Post

Hi guys - seeking help. Search function is failing me at this point .

Looking to pick up some Eidos suits and sport coats

Does anyone have a good stockist they recommend (aside from NMWA and AK Rikks..).

Especially if you have a style/sale associate at Nordstroms or Bloomingdales in NY or San Fran who knows the Eidos models well and you wouldn't mind sharing me their contact info - that would be great and much appreciated. PM would be best

Thanks in advance

R

Marc, from Bloomies (NY). His information is in this thread.
post #3254 of 6703
Thread Starter 
Any real life shots of the Eidos casentino overcoats from NWMA, specifically the grey?
post #3255 of 6703
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrv123 View Post

Any real life shots of the Eidos casentino overcoats from NWMA, specifically the grey?

Does walking into Pitti count as real life?



cf7bab21_5d6f2df7-67b2-4df9-887e-26d8735da5ca_zpsf5dd54bb.jpeg
Edited by NickPollica - 11/27/15 at 5:05pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli