or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eidos Napoli - Page 215

post #3211 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

@NickPollica
Who still carries the Tipo cut?

Only a handful of specialty stores. Off hand, Garmany in Red Bank, NJ has it this season but is switching to the Nero (same fit, 1.5 CM shorter) in future seasons. Will check today and post. I know Blommingdales NYC still has a good amount of our basic navy and basic gray suits in the tipo cut from last season. If you are interested I'm sure Marc Etlin would help you track them down in your size. Sadly, the reality is that almost every retailer has said the Tipo is too long.
post #3212 of 6231

@NickPollica 

 

That's too bad (though I'm on a buying moratorium right now anyway). The Tipo, for me, was the ideal length (well on the short side of my ideal). I'll probably go for the NMWA cut someday.

 

 

BTW: I've three Eidos ties which I like very much, but they are on the long side (maybe 60"). They just about work for me (with mid-rise trousers), but I wonder if they might be made an inch shorter. The knit I have is almost too long for me (6 foot tall) and with the stretching you might expect from knits, especially this one with a soft weave, I fear I might be doing the long back blade look. Maybe Bloomingdale's asked for such a long length? 

 

 

Here is another (got the brown as well, also excellent)

 

post #3213 of 6231
Stick the back blade into your pants that's what us short people having been doing...
post #3214 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

@NickPollica
 
BTW: I've three Eidos ties which I like very much, but they are on the long side (maybe 60"). They just about work for me (with mid-rise trousers), but I wonder if they might be made an inch shorter.

The ties are designed to be worn with a double 4 in hand knot and to have the back blade be the same length as the front blade. They won't be getting any shorter.
post #3215 of 6231
Tweedyprof, those collars (and ties) look great.
post #3216 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post


The ties are designed to be worn with a double 4 in hand knot and to have the back blade be the same length as the front blade. They won't be getting any shorter.


DFIH your preferred knot? I tend to use it only when the ties are too long and the knot doesn't come out too large. The knots above are all FIH, and I think they look pretty good. I think with the extra material in a DFIH, they would come out too bulky (especially the cotton one). But of course, this will vary with user and facility with knotting ties.

 

My worry on the knit, which is beautifully soft, is that it will just stretch with each time I tie it, as knits tend to do.

 

Shooting for a cut that works with single four in hand and same length of both blades makes these great ties available to those who need a shorter length and don't want to tuck the back blade in their trousers, i.e. they can DFIH it to make it work. 

 

This is just intended as friendly feedback from a fan of the brand.

post #3217 of 6231
Yeah 60 is way too long. Dfih on a knit? An impossibility.
post #3218 of 6231
I appreciate the feedback but there are plenty of people that make the ties in the dimension you are looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriG View Post

Yeah 60 is way too long. Dfih on a knit? An impossibility.

All double four in hand, not a single tie worse for wear.









post #3219 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post

Only a handful of specialty stores. Off hand, Garmany in Red Bank, NJ has it this season but is switching to the Nero (same fit, 1.5 CM shorter) in future seasons. Will check today and post. I know Blommingdales NYC still has a good amount of our basic navy and basic gray suits in the tipo cut from last season. If you are interested I'm sure Marc Etlin would help you track them down in your size. Sadly, the reality is that almost every retailer has said the Tipo is too long.

Yeah that's a super bummer for me. The jacket I have of yours that I love the most, which is long enough for my taste, I'm almost certain was made incorrectly or is on the long side of the 1cm of tolerance you mentioned earlier. It's a SS15 Tenero (navy raw silk), size 52, purchased from Haymakers here in Nashville, and measures 30.5" in length on the nose. I got another SS15 Tenero elsewhere, and it was a full 3/4" shorter. I assumed I could count on the length to be the same, but upon figuring out how much shorter it was, it drove me nuts. Got rid of it.

I was just at Haymakers last night and mentioned this to Miranda—we measured the jackets she's got in store from this season, and they measured 29.75" exactly. Almost makes me wonder if that first jacket was a 52L!
post #3220 of 6231
I can't tie a dfih for some reason - I'm apparently incompetent. Mine look terrible every time. Luckily the standard knot and length is great for me
post #3221 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post

I can't tie a dfih for some reason - I'm apparently incompetent. Mine look terrible every time. Luckily the standard knot and length is great for me

I have failed the few times I've tried a DFIH but I'm going to work on it.
For you guys that can tie a DFIH successfully, is the back blade always longer than the front?
post #3222 of 6231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad View Post


I have failed the few times I've tried a DFIH but I'm going to work on it.
For you guys that can tie a DFIH successfully, is the back blade always longer than the front?

No. Same length or back blade a touch shorter for me.

post #3223 of 6231

...


Edited by TweedyProf - 11/18/15 at 11:48am
post #3224 of 6231

I also found Eidos ties to be quite long. Not a complaint, just an observation. Definitely the longest I own and a bit more challenging to tie because of it. Quite nice, though, they've gotten a lot of wear. My DFIH game still needs work as well. 

post #3225 of 6231
Sweater



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli