or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eidos Napoli - Page 208

post #3106 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

you guy see the olive suede car coat? Now available at Scoop NYC. If available in store, will try to snag a pic. It's not on Scoop's site (yet?). Some nice exclusive pieces this season.
Want it! But did not see it on their site frown.gif
post #3107 of 6237
I went to Bloomingdales SF today and tried on this houndstooth SC:

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/eidos-houndstooth-regular-fit-sport-coat?ID=1450923&CategoryID=3864#fn=spp%3D18%26ppp%3D180%26sp%3D1%26rid%3D%26spc%3D25%26cm_kws%3Deidos %26pn%3D1

I think they're only carrying a new cut call "Atura". I've dropped a few lbs. recently so I my impressions of the fit may be not be right because i sized down one size but I think it's a little trimmer and maybe a tad shorter than Tipo. Nice SC, though. Anyone know the deets on "Atura"?
post #3108 of 6237
That SC that @Salad posted is TITS!!!!!!! I saw it in person, I just need it to drop a little more in price.
post #3109 of 6237

Just when you think that Bloomingdale's styling could not get any worse... :facepalm:

post #3110 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtorres94 View Post

Want it! But did not see it on their site frown.gif

You can call their Washington Street store to order at 212.929.1244
post #3111 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Just when you think that Bloomingdale's styling could not get any worse... facepalm.gif

Do we know who at Bloomie's is in charge of that? Their decisions have been absurd.

I tried on the SCs and wasn't too happy about the design choices for the Balthazar model. Why hold on to an older style? Time to join the other retailers (Ciro, Tenero, etc)
post #3112 of 6237
I was just talking about the outfit styling (that houndstooth jacket with houndstooth tie).

I don't know anything about the model they choose to carry - it may be great and a good fit for what their customers want.
post #3113 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Do we know who at Bloomie's is in charge of that? Their decisions have been absurd.

I tried on the SCs and wasn't too happy about the design choices for the Balthazar model. Why hold on to an older style? Time to join the other retailers (Ciro, Tenero, etc)

The sell throughs for tailoring have increased substantially this season due to reverting to the old model. If you like the Tenero I suggest that you check out Saks.com and most of our specialty stores.
post #3114 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post

The sell throughs for tailoring have increased substantially this season due to reverting to the old model. If you like the Tenero I suggest that you check out Saks.com and most of our specialty stores.

Yeah, I was certain the decision was based on clientele tastes. Hope my post didn't come off as offensive, just seemed like the current model at Bloomie's has lost some of the personality of the other cuts I've tried. It does fit me well, though smile.gif

I will keep on eye on NMWA, Saks, Haberdash, etc. I have them all bookmarked!
post #3115 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Do we know who at Bloomie's is in charge of that? Their decisions have been absurd.

I tried on the SCs and wasn't too happy about the design choices for the Balthazar model. Why hold on to an older style? Time to join the other retailers (Ciro, Tenero, etc)

So Bloomies is all Balthazar (what I thought was "Altura") now? I prefer other cuts. The houndstooth SC felt really nice. I thought it had some cashmere in it but it didn't. The cut felt shorter and I think the lapels are cut slimmer which is not what I am looking for.
post #3116 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad View Post


So Bloomies is all Balthazar (what I thought was "Altura") now? I prefer other cuts. The houndstooth SC felt really nice. I thought it had some cashmere in it but it didn't. The cut felt shorter and I think the lapels are cut slimmer which is not what I am looking for.

 

 

Yes, but fortunately a slew of other shops have started carrying Eidos: Saks, Nordstrom (!), Coachman Clothiers, Utah Woolen Mills, Martin Patrick 3...so, we are fortunate in that various shops around the country now have stock that people in those areas can go try out.

 

I guess just find the model you prefer and keep in touch with specific retailers and SAs; they might be able to give you a heads up on inventory changes.

post #3117 of 6237
If anyone comes across a store that carries the ciro model, please post. Pockets in Dallas did for a season, but I was too slow.
post #3118 of 6237

Our model is a riff on the Ciro.  Small modifications to the jacket, and higher rise for the trousers.

post #3119 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post

If anyone comes across a store that carries the ciro model, please post. Pockets in Dallas did for a season, but I was too slow.

Haymakers in Nashville had it last season (a single gray suit), which Miranda there seemed to indicate to me was very popular (or maybe she just personally was a huge fan of and wanted to sell more of it). They haven't posted their tailoring yet this season on their online store, though their Insta shows they've gotten it all in. Jim, who is a member here, has moved to NYC to work at the Armoury, and I don't have contact deets for anyone else there, but you could email them via their contact form on their website or maybe even DM via Instagram to find out more.
post #3120 of 6237
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

Our model is a riff on the Ciro.  Small modifications to the jacket, and higher rise for the trousers.

Greg: Any chance you will have the NMWA cut to try on at the trunk show next Saturday?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eidos Napoli