Nordstrom and Saks now sell Eidos Napoli. Haymakers & Co. have a few items also.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 6:44 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Eidos Napoli - Page 205post #3061 of 632610/16/15 at 2:45pmpost #3062 of 632610/16/15 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by sacafotos
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)EDIT: Included pic of the Tipo cut in the spoilered images.Quote:
Just left. Here are the 4 jackets I saw, only the flannel windowpane and the navy hopsack were 46R, the other two were 46S. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My take on the Bloomie's cut...
The shoulders feel narrower and the body wider than the Tipo/Tenero models—huge plus for me—but I have no clue why Bloomie's dropped two classic Eidos details: the wide sweeping lapel arc and the 3:2 roll config. All jackets, even the suits, were two button styles.
The jackets are also cropped shorter. Last season I could only wear a 46S, this season I need the R. It's a big difference, too. The S is way too short on me.
Fabrics and construction are great as usual and the fit is generally wonderful, but I'm missing those details that made me go for Eidos to begin with. Might have to look at the other retailers this season. I did like the windowpane and will likely go back for just that. The houndstooth pattern was pretty for a casual piece.
Note: the model code is different. My gun check piece from Bloomie's has a reference to Tenero. These jackets I just tried had something like: BALTHG21F
Oh, and the suede best with wool sleeves? Work of art! Too bad they didn't have my size to try on. I also loved the fabric on the trousers, which had a beautiful feel. Might be time to try Eidos trousers this season.
Those Bloomies cables really make trying clothes on a lot of fun. But their code plus markdowns have me thinking I might try an Eidos dress shirt.post #3063 of 632610/16/15 at 3:00pmpost #3064 of 632610/16/15 at 3:03pm
Not sure about Saks but I know Nordstroms only carries sportswear right now and isn't in too many locations for the time being.post #3065 of 632610/16/15 at 4:21pmSaks Fifth Avenue is definitely carrying Eidos Napoli:
I don't know if this indicates a certain model, but in many of the pictures the suits and sport coats look to be 3-roll-2.post #3066 of 632610/16/15 at 7:29pm
Anyone have any thoughts on the black suede Kimber boots on Bloomies? I really like the boot and if it were brown I'd definitely be getting them but I'm a bit more hesitant with the black suede...besides black jeans I don't know what else I'd wear them with. I also wear black jeans all the time on weekends so it's not really that big of a deal. I'm torn. Thoughts?post #3067 of 632610/16/15 at 9:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by King Calder
Anyone have any thoughts on the black suede Kimber boots on Bloomies? I really like the boot and if it were brown I'd definitely be getting them but I'm a bit more hesitant with the black suede...besides black jeans I don't know what else I'd wear them with. I also wear black jeans all the time on weekends so it's not really that big of a deal. I'm torn. Thoughts?
I could image them with a sportier, flannel-ier version of
or on darker canvas pants, eg.
from eidosnapoli correspondent story.post #3068 of 632610/17/15 at 9:37amThread Starterpost #3069 of 632610/17/15 at 10:05amIt's not new from what I remember. The fit//pattern predates the tipo, Tenero and NMWA cuts. The Balthazar is categorized as a more modern fashion/trendier cut meaning trim and shorter bottom hem. i could be wrong, but by chaconne's impressions it seems to be somewhat confirmed.
Antonio is probably extremely busy. I assume getting a brand off the ground and working on the logistics is the focus. I'm rooting for the team after meeting them at the last trunk show. I was looking forward to MTOing fall fabrics, but the program is being revamped and is not accepting orders. Probably better for my wallet.post #3070 of 632610/17/15 at 10:39amQuote:
Do you have any more details on when/if the MTO program will return? The only mention I saw from Antonio was in the silly "is Eidos an Italian Brand" thread, where he said it was being scaled back.post #3071 of 632610/17/15 at 10:40amBalthazar is indeed an old pattern. Have one from Lawrence Covell from 2-3 years ago (I think it was Antonio's first season). Cut shorter, unstructured, def geared towards the GQ crowd. Button stance on mine is so high it almost ruins the jacket. Def try before buying, esp. if you like the Tipo or NMWA cutpost #3072 of 632610/17/15 at 1:21pmpost #3073 of 632610/17/15 at 1:24pmpost #3074 of 632610/17/15 at 1:56pmpost #3075 of 632610/17/15 at 2:33pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...