or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pants uncomfortable when sitting - pinch waist
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pants uncomfortable when sitting - pinch waist

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
I'd like to get some advice on pants fit here. Before I blabber on, here are some photos.

N.B. I tucked my undershirt into my underpants so that you can see where my natural waistline is.



If you want to see more views, click the spoiler link here: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


So as you can see from the photos, when I'm standing up there is enough room at the waist. In fact the waist actually looks too loose.

But when I sit down, the back drops down a few inches, causing the front to get pulled in and pinch my waist (and you can see my gut spilling over the front). It's bad enough that I will usually have to unbutton my pants or even partly unzip them in order to sit down and eat comfortably.

I play soccer and work out, so my legs are butt have more of an athletic build.

So am I just being too fussy? Is this just how pants work? or is there something I can do to make the fit better the next time I buy pants?
post #2 of 5

plan your day around activities that don't require sitting down, its a small price to pay for sick fadez

 

or, get roomier jeans or jeans with a little stretch to them

 

they look fine though btw


Edited by ShoutOutsFoMyBo - 8/11/13 at 2:33pm
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutOutsFoMyBo View Post

plan your day around activities that don't require sitting down, its a small price to pay for sick fadez

or, get roomier jeans or jeans with a little stretch to them

they look fine though btw

I hear ya. TBH these jeans (Joe's jeans, 32w) are some of the roomier I've tried so far. Getting a stretchier fabric might work. Maybe I could try going up to a size or two and then getting the waist darted in or something. It really is uncomfortable to sit for long periods of time in them though... oh well, whatever...
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman View Post

I'd like to get some advice on pants fit here. Before I blabber on, here are some photos.

N.B. I tucked my undershirt into my underpants so that you can see where my natural waistline is.



If you want to see more views, click the spoiler link here: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


So as you can see from the photos, when I'm standing up there is enough room at the waist. In fact the waist actually looks too loose.

But when I sit down, the back drops down a few inches, causing the front to get pulled in and pinch my waist (and you can see my gut spilling over the front). It's bad enough that I will usually have to unbutton my pants or even partly unzip them in order to sit down and eat comfortably.

I play soccer and work out, so my legs are butt have more of an athletic build.

So am I just being too fussy? Is this just how pants work? or is there something I can do to make the fit better the next time I buy pants?

did you tuck your t-shirt into your underwear? rotflmao.gif

a belt might help keep the back from dropping down, but not much you can do about pinching of the gut aside from losing it.
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

did you tuck your t-shirt into your underwear? rotflmao.gif

Yeah I mentioned that in my original post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman View Post

N.B. I tucked my undershirt into my underpants so that you can see where my natural waistline is.

It was either that or post a shirtless picture, and no one wants to see that.


Anyways, yeah the belt is alright for keeping them up when I'm standing, but it just causes it to pinch my stomach even more when I'm sitting. There's just no room for the back of the jeans to go when I sit down. (btw there's not really any gut to loose, my body fat is already low)

I guess the purpose of me posting this was to see if there were some fit problems with my pants, if I needed to find something with a larger rear rise, or buy larger sizes and then get the waist trimmed. It sounds like a stretchier fabric or a looser fit + belt are my options here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pants uncomfortable when sitting - pinch waist