or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need feminism because tumblr - Page 51

post #751 of 5646
Kinda related to feminism and East Asian talk here

http://thoughtcatalog.com/anne-gus/2014/03/asian-women-need-to-stop-dating-white-men/#y1eSDURrLA7mwOXs.01

White woman claims white men dating Asian women is sexist racist patriarchal what have you

Has to be a joke post
post #752 of 5646
It's obviously supposed to be satire, but it is really, really poorly done.

What's great though is that it's brought out the real venom, on the same site:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/zoe-liu/2014/03/thank-you-thought-catalog-for-publishing-racist-satire/
Quote:
If we’re going to talk about empowerment, let’s talk power play. I’m quite frankly dismayed by commenters suggesting that people offended by the article are “too self-conscious about… [their] own racial insecurities”. And by the way, I don’t care if it was supposed to be funny. We’re talking centuries of racism, colonialism and cultural imperialism. We’re talking 2 million Chinese addicted to opium, little-known famines that claimed up to 29 million Indian lives, the arbitrary division of the Korean nation in the name of Cold War politics. This is so much more than one silly girl’s Internet ravings. This is history, memory, and experience.

 Yeah, or maybe it’s just because I’m so insecure.

There is little more amusing, and ultimately more confusing, than way-out progressives trying to outflank each other on the left.
post #753 of 5646
I think that thoughtcatalog just publishes everything, because I've seen a couple of troll articles on there.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/anne-gus/2014/03/5-things-women-need-to-do-in-their-20s-or-else-the-suffragists-died-for-nothing/
post #754 of 5646
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Kinda related to feminism and East Asian talk here

http://thoughtcatalog.com/anne-gus/2014/03/asian-women-need-to-stop-dating-white-men/#y1eSDURrLA7mwOXs.01

White woman claims white men dating Asian women is sexist racist patriarchal what have you

Has to be a joke post

Designed to be satire aimed at black women who are upset so many successful black men end up with white women.
post #755 of 5646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Designed to be satire aimed at black women who are upset so many successful black men end up with white women.

I also believe the subject was purposefully written about Asians because of the #cancelcolbert shenanigans and Asians not being able to take a joke or understand satire backlash to the backlash. At least the timing seems to support this.
post #756 of 5646
if asian women can't take a joke then how do you explain all the sex they've been having with asian men for all these generations?
post #757 of 5646
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

I also believe the subject was purposefully written about Asians because of the #cancelcolbert shenanigans and Asians not being able to take a joke or understand satire backlash to the backlash. At least the timing seems to support this.

Probably part of it, plus, it's always fun to lash out against white heterosexual men (which that article does plenty of).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

if asian women can't take a joke then how do you explain all the sex they've been having with asian men for all these generations?

Ouch.

One odd thing is I've had sex with multiple Asian women and none of them had blurry genitals. I think that's just a stereotype perpetuated by the Japanese media.
post #758 of 5646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

One odd thing is I've had sex with multiple Asian women and none of them had blurry genitals. I think that's just a stereotype perpetuated by the Japanese media.

if you squint you can make out more details.
post #759 of 5646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

if asian women can't take a joke then how do you explain all the sex they've been having with asian men for all these generations?

not all evidence supports this

 

post #760 of 5646
Thread Starter 
This is what feminists actually believe.

http://youtu.be/xiDNT4weqB4
post #761 of 5646
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

This is what feminists actually believe.

http://youtu.be/xiDNT4weqB4

it's worse!

 


Edited by wojt - 4/3/14 at 10:23am
post #762 of 5646
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

As a real redneck

lol8[1].gif
post #763 of 5646
whoever said "Its so hard to tell if people are trolling anymore" was never as prescient as they were now:

post #764 of 5646
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

whoever said "Its so hard to tell if people are trolling anymore" was never as prescient as they were now:


How long until society implodes on itself?

The thing is that people think they believe this tripe.
post #765 of 5646
I choose to believe that they are all trolling. I refuse to believe in the existence of someone who truly doesn't understand why some people would only want to date people with a vagina, and vice versa
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr