or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need feminism because tumblr - Page 50

post #736 of 5616
Doug, you make some good points and your closing is hilarious.
post #737 of 5616
I should add, can you imagine a HuffPo news host calling an African American activist, in the identical dialogue, "stupid" and then hanging up on them?
post #738 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Doug, you make some good points and your closing is hilarious.

I liked your post to amplify the right wing echo chamber in here
post #739 of 5616




*

AppleMark
post #740 of 5616
^ Last one has cut-off-your-penis-while-you-sleep crazy eyes.
post #741 of 5616
It's a shame that "oriental" is a slur, because there's really no word that means the same thing. We say "asians" in the US and it usually refers to people we used to call "orientals", but Asia is a big continent and the term is misleading.
post #742 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post


This is utter bullshit, but I am unable to express empathy for you, because I have absolutely had palatable, even tasty, moonshine, and thus do not understand your struggle.

#Southernprivilege
#cisredneck

 

Hm, well most of the moonshine I ever drank came from an insane former Ranger so he may have purposefully gotten harsh stuff. He used to bring it to mandatory family picnics :confused:

post #743 of 5616
Depends on the distiller.
post #744 of 5616
I'm a fan of the Oriental flavor ramen, in the blue packaging. I sometimes mix it half and half with the chicken flavor for extra awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

It's a shame that "oriental" is a slur, because there's really no word that means the same thing. We say "asians" in the US and it usually refers to people we used to call "orientals", but Asia is a big continent and the term is misleading.

I usually refer to those from or descended from Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, etc as East Asian. Oriental when I'm being facetious. Chinamen when I'm joking.
post #745 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

It's a shame that "oriental" is a slur, because there's really no word that means the same thing. We say "asians" in the US and it usually refers to people we used to call "orientals", but Asia is a big continent and the term is misleading.

Def. misleading.

Harold, Kumar and Borat.... all Asians.
post #746 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

I'm a fan of the Oriental flavor ramen, in the blue packaging. I sometimes mix it half and half with the chicken flavor for extra awesome.
I usually refer to those from or descended from Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, etc as East Asian. Oriental when I'm being facetious. Chinamen when I'm joking.

 

Interesting inclusion of Taiwan. Do you not recognize China's ancient and sacred right to that land?

post #747 of 5616
^taiwan's claim is that china is theirs

yeah i say east asian
post #748 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Hm, well most of the moonshine I ever drank came from an insane former Ranger so he may have purposefully gotten harsh stuff. He used to bring it to mandatory family picnics confused.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

Depends on the distiller.

As is always the case when it comes to this stuff, B is right. It's all in who makes it. There is definitely a lot of rank shine out there, but there is nothing inherent to moonshine that says it has to be gross.
post #749 of 5616
Don't go making different categories for different Asians or Imma go Obscure on your asses.
post #750 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post


As is always the case when it comes to this stuff, B is right. It's all in who makes it. There is definitely a lot of rank shine out there, but there is nothing inherent to moonshine that says it has to be gross.

I don't know much, but I know my alcohol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr