or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need feminism because tumblr - Page 36

post #526 of 5586
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nootje View Post

There's no denying your logic, which is why I intent to destroy all cows and lobsters before they become intelligent enough to destroy us.

We could enslave them too, I guess that's an option. But only if they taste good.

EDIT - Or put them in zoos. Or make them pets. But we can't let them compete with us for dominance of the universe.
post #527 of 5586
Well, my point was, sometimes I read Facebook and I'm not so sure that we're more advanced than these single celled organisms
post #528 of 5586
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Well, my point was, sometimes I read Facebook and I'm not so sure that we're more advanced than these single celled organisms

Well, we'll have to dispose of the lower third at some point, but the rest of us should do fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post


Will our sexy robot bodies not be able to resist these organisms?

It's not a question of resisting them but of allowing them to compete with us for resources. The universe is finite, after all.
post #529 of 5586
It's hard to predict whether the zombie apocalypse or the alien apocalypse will come first. Do I emphasize my close combat training, or learning how to use captured plasma rifles? I hope the latter don't come with trigger locks
post #530 of 5586
You don't want to focus on close combat training for zombies. One bite and you're fucked.
post #531 of 5586
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

It's hard to predict whether the zombie apocalypse or the alien apocalypse will come first. Do I emphasize my close combat training, or learning how to use captured plasma rifles? I hope the latter don't come with trigger locks

There is no such thing as zombies, that's a fictional creature so you don't have to worry about that. As far as aliens, they almost certainly exist, but that they haven't destroyed us yet means we are probably more advanced than them.
post #532 of 5586
Or they're maybe nice and are leaving us in peace for now
post #533 of 5586
I dunno harvey. Remember that life arose on Earth pretty much right after the planet cooled enough for it to be possible. That suggests life should be very common throughout the universe. Carl Sagan said they all blew themselves up when they discovered nukes. There's a remake of Cosmos coming out in a couple months so I'm interested to see what the new destroyer of worlds is. Austerity? Stand your ground laws?
post #534 of 5586
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

You don't want to focus on close combat training for zombies. One bite and you're fucked.
True, but you need to be passable at it when you run out of ammo. I was also thinking, could one get a bespoke full Kevlar bodysuit and mask? Should I ask Greg and the NMWA guys since they seem to be able to source anything clothing related?
post #535 of 5586
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

There is no such thing as zombies, that's a fictional creature so you don't have to worry about that. As far as aliens, they almost certainly exist, but that they haven't destroyed us yet means we are probably more advanced than them.
I remember playing this game called Xcom - they had an alien that would bite people and turn them into zombies...I don't even know how there could be a better life form. Maybe if it would also fart out a sharknado? And have a twin sister that also owned a liquor store?

Wait, I may be mixing up memes a little bit confused.gif
post #536 of 5586
Also it's entirely plausible that faster than light travel is simply impossible and any alien lifeforms that exist are simply too far away to probablistically have run into us.
post #537 of 5586
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I remember playing this game called Xcom - they had an alien that would bite people and turn them into zombies...I don't even know how there could be a better life form. Maybe if it would also fart out a sharknado? And have a twin sister that also owned a liquor store?

Wait, I may be mixing up memes a little bit confused.gif

Damn those Crystallids. So many squaddies killed...


The ones in Terror from the Deep were even worse, they were flying. And they paired up with the toughest infantry in the game. I'm not sure I'd have the patience for a game that challenging anymore.
post #538 of 5586
I remember saving after every turn and reloading/replaying constantly
post #539 of 5586
post #540 of 5586
Quote:
"I do think it's a form of cyberbullying even though she wasn't a direct recipient of those messages on Facebook," said Wanda Cassidy, associate professor at Simon Fraser University who researches cyberbullying in schools and universities.

OJFC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr